Your Clubbing Pet Hates.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by adam., Oct 19, 2010.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. adam.

adam. kthxbi

Your Clubbing Pet Hates.

Nicked this idea from another forum and thought it's be interesting to see peoples views. Mine are:

'dex n fx'

'here we, here we, here we fucking go'

shirtless radgies

always at least one person in shit sunglasses.

Some of the mental patter written on online promo

crack on?
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. Rory Space

Rory Space Gonny wreck yir fuckin hoose. Sweat tits

I'll go first...

Visuals like this! :lol: conway will love this :p

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ajKHNLaqKE&p=0BC2118F3D70D278&playnext=1&index=11"]YouTube - Markus Schulz feat. Jennifer Rene - Not The Same (Markus Schulz @ Transmission)[/ame]
  4. Rossy

Rossy . Staff

Misinterpreting spiritual symbolism again Rory?
  5. Rory Space

Ofcourse :p

On a more serious note though...

The only thing that really bothers me is charvers springin around you topless, or when people get overly excited holding there drinks in the air, then spill them all over you :facepalm:
  6. BRID

BRID Has name in red. Staff

i think the obsession with putting as many labels, nights and minor associations with the tiniest things in brackets after a DJ's name on a flyer can end up doing the exact opposite of what its supposed to do.

Self written press release type write ups of a club night are hilarious, especially when 99.9% of dance music events are about people getting utterly off their box.

People who turn what is essentially a music scene born out of illegality, drugs, freedom and hedonism, into a fashion parade complete with snobs, hierarchies and whatnot.

'VIP' areas in clubs. Need i say more. You aint a 'Very important person' because you paid an extra fiver to stand on a different platform where you are probably having less fun than the 'normal' people.

DJ's drinking champagne.

Punters drinking champagne.
  7. Rory Space

8. hummel

hummel Fucking imbecile

People who say they're going to every half decent event when they have no attention of ever going!

Hi Rory! xx
  9. Rory Space

:lol: thats called getting sick of the same shit!, not as bothered as i use to be.

I will do DS though, schulz should be interesting... woulda been at the last one if a didn't leave it till the last min, train prices were shocking.
  10. Rossy

Rossy . Staff

1 hour sets - can't remember the last time I saw a DJ get the chance to properly build a set. What's that all about?
  11. trance250

trance250

Whoop Whoop's :down:

Fuck off back to Tiger Tiger you slag
  12. LeeTheMackem

LeeTheMackem Lets Cacky Tash Him

Pills not being sold at the bar
  13. Aaron!

Aaron! Coming soon...

Not being able to remember anything.
  14. Congay

Congay Registered User

Cunts asking for your water in clubs... i once pissed in a water bottle and passed it to the next cunt who asked in Crasher.

And heaven forbid if they asked for a suck of my Callipo
  15. Congay

Congay Registered User

That would be money mate, oh and the clueless nintendo generation not giving a flying fuck
  16. Michael

Michael Registered User

this!! absolutely pisses me right off. why would promoters book a dj to play one hour is beyond me, 12 or so tracks then off.

more so than the above is warm up djs who dont know how to warm up and bang it out at 10 o clock, or infact anyone who bangs it out before midnight needs a clip round the back of the head. spoils the flow of the night massively.
  17. BRID

BRID Has name in red. Staff

Oh aye.

- Trance nights where from the moment the door opens, till the moment it ends, nothing but TRANCE is being played by every man and his dog with delusions of trance superstar status.

- DJ's who have pitched their talents, picked their tunes, and revolved their life around knocking out 10 or so banging tunes for an hour, before packing off and waiting for mixmag to put them on the front cover, celebrating their immense skills at playing a peak time set to a load of people who would have probably have buzzed their tits off to a car alarm being played against a bloke banging on a bin lid.

..... this is quite fun ;)
  18. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

Hmmm...

Clubs and Bars where people go to prance about in order to look pretty and show off rather than just to dance and enjoy themselves.

VIP areas - see above.

Ridiculously long press releases by nights detailing their guest DJ's life, their past life, and the life before that.

Self-written bios from DJs that outline that they could mix before they could walk, they're so good they got the entire streets pets dancing, etc.

Oh and DJs who play a student night on and off for a year and then declare themselves to be "one of the biggest named DJs in Newcastle" when they play Consett.
  19. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

This :up:
  20. Michael

Michael Registered User

aye these biographies are a joke aswell. "DJ so and so was influenced at an early age by his dads motown record collection, a keen musician followed and he began playing piano at the tender age of 2...." absolute bollocks
  21. forks

forks still not dead

the feeling that a lot of clubs give me, from the queue in the rain which lasts for hours, to the door staff to the cloakroom attendants to the bar staff to the bloke in the toilet, that they despise and look down on the punters and that they feel they are doing me a BIG FAVOUR by allowing me in to their overpriced, atmosphere free environment where any idea of hedonistic freedom is crushed by meathead security guys in their poxy black coats and self important earpieces and laminated name badges constantly looking out for 'drugs' as if the whole enterprise would even exist if there weren't any, all watched over by some fat git in an office somewhere cynically creaming it in and pretending that they care about the music and the 'scene'. All topped off by DJ's who are idealised for their 'mixing skills' and how good they are with some shitty bits of kit which hide the fact that what they are playing doesn't make you want to dance it makes you want to sit down and feel tired.
    And those tiny little bottles of water. And piperazines. And taxi drivers.