www.progressivehouse.com Progcast035 - Erphun

Discussion in 'DJ Mixes' started by THX1138, Aug 30, 2006.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. THX1138

THX1138

www.progressivehouse.com Progcast035 - Erphun

[​IMG]

http://progressivehouse.com/progcast.php/3/63

[​IMG]

Hey people trust you are all well? This week, long time Progressivehouse.com member and recent signing of SAW Recordings, Ali Zaree makes his long awaited debut on the Progcast. After taking over the Procast earlier this year I took a long hard look at all the members of www.progressivehouse.com that had not yet done a cast for us. I was amazed that this man had not done one yet so here he is for 60 golden mins, as per here is a little on Ali:-

Erphun (Er-Fun) - a Farsi word meaning the state of being or the ability to be on a higher spiritual level. The best way to introduce Ali Zaree (erphun) and his career is to illustrate exactly the way he feels when he is spinning and how this feeling came to be. Whether for a group of friends at a small gathering or for hundreds of people at a club, erphun's passion for spinning is ever growing and evolving. erphun has been spinning for over six years. It began two days after his birthday, June 24th 2000, at Spundae in San Francisco when erphun was exposed to an event, which inspired him and changed the course of his life. He received his calling as he watched Sasha and Digweed spin one of their many mesmerizing sets. Completely new to the scene, erphun watched in awe and felt first hand the energy that bound the screaming fans to the two DJs. He knew instantly the path his life was meant to take. While still attending UCSB, erphun purchased two decks and a mixer, and began building his record collection. His earliest music stylings included the genres of house, trance, and tribal, eventually guiding erphun's interest into deep progressive house, and more recently tech house and electro. Fueled by his passion to become a successful DJ, erphun taught himself how to spin by observing every top DJ that came to Los Angeles. Before long, he landed his first major gig on Halloween at Santa Barbara's most happening spot, Qs and later on at another hot spot, Mad House. After realizing that he had achieved all that he could in his DJ career in Santa Barbara, erphun moved to Los Angeles a year later. He began networking and immersed himself in the LA underground scene. Local promoters and fellow DJs recognized his abilities and he landed his first major gig and two residencies. The gig was a 4th of July party for Spundae in Los Angeles in 2002. erphun's first residencies included Naked and Hotel California which enabled him to play at some of the biggest clubs across the country: Sevilla (Las Vegas), Broadway (San Diego), Voodoo Lounge (Las Vegas), Risqu (Las Vegas, New Year's Eve 2004), and the Shelbourne Hotel (Miami, Winter Music Conference in 2003). After finishing a very memorable residency at Flirt in Hollywood, and a series of gigs at some of the most popular clubs in Los Angeles, erphun turned his attention to producing and met various eclectic and exciting talented professionals along the way. Erphun drew upon his musical skills, influences and experiences, and fine tuned his ears, abilities, talent and experience for producing Tech House, and Electro.
    Some recent gigs inlcude: Drai's (Las Vegas) Pure (Las Vegas) Heavy Rotation party, Red Circle & Vegas Party ( Miami, WMC 2005).

Tracklist:
    Kaiko - Sex Passion (Starclub Remix) [Presslab Records]
    Kaiko - Sex Passion (Alex Kenji Mix) [Presslab Records]
    Sean Quinn, Andy Page - SQAP (Habersham's Fear Monster3000 Rmx)[Therapy Music]
    Agaric, Bruce Logan - M.T.B. (Original Mix )[Truesoul]
    Booka Shade - Trespass (Original Mix )[Ger Physical Music]
    Cristian Paduraru - Sharing Transparently (Original Mix)[Christian Records]
    Jacob Todd, Jordan Nafie - Ariadne's Thread (Habersham Mix)[Emote Music]
    My Digital Enemy - Where The F**k Is Elvis? (Original Mix)[My Digital Enemy Rec.]
    Erphun - Cracked Vault (Original Mix)[CPR Digital]
    Dyno - Ologoritmo (Right Dimension Mix)[Montra Smiles]
    Djuma Soundsystem - Les Djinns (Trentemoller Remix)[Get Physical Music]
    LordX - 4EVER19 (Consoul Mix)[CDR]

http://progressivehouse.com/progcast.php

Open your itunes, go to Advanced menu -> Open Stream

and paste the following URL:

http://progressivehouse.com/progcast.xml

You are now subscribed to the feed.

I you don't want to use Itunes please check out his list of other Podcast ready clients here

http://www.myspace.com/djerphun

Up next Progcast036 - Nikola Gala
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. Nass

Nass sound. Staff

This is really getting on my tits: Clicking your direct download makes Quicktime play it and it won't let me just download it :mad:

Someone tell me how to turn it off.
  4. Nass

Nass sound. Staff

Rant over, using IE it works!

Wicked mix.
  5. THX1138

THX1138

Hi mate were you using Apple's Safari browser? Glad you like the mix!
  6. Nass

Nass sound. Staff

No it was a plugin of Quicktime kicking in on Firefox, streaming the mp3 instead of downloading. Proper annoying!

Worth fannying about to get it though, spot on.