windows 7

Discussion in 'Technology' started by LeeTheMackem, Oct 21, 2009.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. hummel

hummel Fucking imbecile

Install Windows 7 on a seperate partition and dual boot them to make things easier to revert back too. But yeah I believe if you have something like a Vista ultimate copied disk and you use a legit vista home or premium key when installing your key is what matters.
  2. LeeTheMackem

LeeTheMackem Lets Cacky Tash Him

I dont have a disk as vista was preintalled but the key is on the bottom of my laptop, I'll have a fuck about tommorow though, you got a link for a windows 7 torrent that works?
  3. hummel

hummel Fucking imbecile

Sent pm.
  4. Aaron!

Aaron! Coming soon...

Hummel is the Captain Pugwash of the Nucastle board.

[​IMG]
  5. Danny_Habit

Danny_Habit Registered User

Windows 7 is well good
  6. Rory Space

Rory Space Gonny wreck yir fuckin hoose. Sweat tits

Help please :(

My laptop is 2 months old, a was told when buying it a was allowed a w7 upgrade. However, when a enter the laptops serial number into the website to order the upgrade it's sayin i'm not eligible. Because, the laptop was a clearance laptop, was a few months old when in the shop already, boxed and new ofcourse. Anyway the serials registerd b4 june so it won't go thru online to get the upgrade, but i did still buy it 2 months ago.

Because i can't in any way get it online now, should the store be giving me this upgrade cd do u know? as they do have it in store (currys digital)

Just after some opinions :) as a feel av had my fuckin sack kicked, if a knew this was gonna happen a wuda got a diff laptop.
  7. fiddla

fiddla Retired

yeah m8 u will have to go back to the store , as long as u have your receipt they should honour the upgrade like !
  8. hummel

hummel Fucking imbecile

Bada Bing!

Told you Rory, what I say on these matters is gospel. You have besmirched my good name by seeking other opinions. Just come round at get the Windows 7 disk I burnt 2 days ago and if/when they give you a legit serial you can add it to your windows installation later :)
  9. fiddla

fiddla Retired

as long as he installs the version that the serial number will relate to , i.e no point installing 7 ultimate if he's only gonna try n put a 7 home premium or wotever it is key into it later !!
  10. hummel

hummel Fucking imbecile

pfft call yourself a techy! lol

If you use a home or premium key on an ultimate install ir will simply accept it and install the version the key matches. The problem would be if he had an OEM key and tried to enter it to a retail install or vice versa.
  11. fiddla

fiddla Retired

yeah but he would of already installed ultimate with a "hooky" ultimate key which is probs built in to the install, then when he wanted to add a genuine home premium key once already installed it would simply reject it as not being for that version !!

In other words its pointless adding the genuine key to that version if working well and still getting updates but if he was to re install later and wanted to use the genuine key then yes it would revert to the version of the o/s that the key matched ..... lol :p
  12. hummel

hummel Fucking imbecile

Check you out, you've gotten rather cocky since getting kutski to say 'erm' live on his radio show on friday haha!!

So basically Rory, to summarise, get to Curries and see what the crack is. Chances are they will have to email the manufacturer to fix the dispatch date to match the date of purchase which in turn sorts out both the warranty and windows 7 issue.

If they do that you'll need to wait as I doubt they'd give you a one off the shelf so just install the version that is a 1 minute walk from you to collect and if you ever need to reinstall use the version they should send out in the post.
  13. fiddla

fiddla Retired

lol i blame the fame .......:cool2:
  14. hummel

hummel Fucking imbecile

We are going to Ermington next year just to get wrecked btw, it's a MUST! :p
  15. Chewy

Chewy I'd fist it

my copy came today. does it take long to install?
  16. Rory Space

Rory Space Gonny wreck yir fuckin hoose. Sweat tits

A done what u said lol, no joy m8, they sent me packing n told me to ring packard bell, rang them, bla bla bla bla, £28.70 :facepalm: so much for this upgrade being totally free (as stated on the leaflet) free the useless ***** cunts.

They tell me it's the shipping fee, a said what the fuck u sending it in like a wooden crate onboard airfoce one ffs. They hungup so fuck it, al get a sly copy.
  17. Mr.B.ThatsMe

Mr.B.ThatsMe 'yi raji puff

I went from Windows Vista, to a clean Win7 install in about 20mins, so no. :tits:
  18. hummel

hummel Fucking imbecile

You aint forceful enough, ask to speak to a manager at packard bell and kick off, escalate the issue if needed, just dont take no for an answer and they will crumble.

Failing that itlooks like you'll have to come round or i'll drop it in tommorow if i remember lol
  19. LeeTheMackem

LeeTheMackem Lets Cacky Tash Him

you get your version working ok then hummel?
  20. hummel

hummel Fucking imbecile

Installed and working fine from what I gather mate. Couldn't be bothered installing stuff and setting it up properly after sorting the dual boot, i've been busy etc so using vista (mainly for downloads etc) til sometime during the weekend when I get round to it.