uk worst place to grow up

Discussion in 'News & Current Affairs' started by forks, Feb 14, 2007.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Phil Mitchell

Phil Mitchell check me a dollar brer?

I love how some sections of the media have been giving it the 'the crime ridden streets of Clapham North, run by gangs of drug addled teenagers'....Clapham is generally a really nice affluent area :lol:
  2. BRID

BRID Has name in red. Staff

I dont see the point your making.

Wake up and smell the coffee - things are different to how they were a while back ... im not saying we should regress back to those halcyon days in order to make kids like how we are today, but its a whole different playing field these days (obviously) with many many things - financial and social, and cause of that we have alot to cope with these days that we didnt have to 'back then'

- kids and guns
    - 'stabbing' and gang culture, perpetuated by the media
    - widespread drug use
    - 'hoodies' and all that malarkey
    - teachers unable to punish/disclipline kids any more for fear of their jobs in this ultra PC world.
    - kids brought up on slops in school canteens
    - an obsession with examinations and a lame bias on pointless subjects creating a workforce with no real skills other than being able to work computers and send text messages, but unable to wire a plug, or put air in a car tyre.

... Yeah theres the rosy tinted specs thing going on to an extent, but as time goes by the raising of kids is becoming increasingly something that the government wants to take responsibility for... as opposed to fostering an environment where the family was responsible for doing that.

My take anyhow.

Let her rip Joe ;)
  3. Phil Mitchell

Those things happened where my dad grew up in the 60's(Eltham, South London) and my grandad (Peckham, South London and not drugs) and they are still happening now. The main difference is that the media report every single incident.
  4. Phil Mitchell

Im posting the wrong things in the wrong threads :lol:
  5. Yosef Ha'Kohain

Yosef Ha'Kohain Registered User

What does change have to do with the lack of leisure provisions?!?!?

I was commenting on the fact there are now more leisure provisions than ever before.
  6. Yosef Ha'Kohain

Yosef Ha'Kohain Registered User

:up:

there's been violent crime ever since the blacks first came over.

right oasis?
  7. Phil Mitchell

I love how Oasis constantly gives it the 'if you ain't white youre shite' patter and then makes out hes only joking
  8. forks

forks still not dead

half the stuff on tha list was caused by that tart in your av
  9. Oasis

Oasis Peter North-east

What are you on about you fat mess?!
  10. Curly Watts

Curly Watts Est. 1988

It's only been a few years since I stoped "playing out" and I know exactly why this has hapened; BOREDOM.

Kids have nothing to do, more money than ever before, drugs are easier to get hold of, sex at a young age is becoming far more socially acceptable and, quite frankly, kids are nasty.

I was sitting waiting for the bus the other day and a kid about half my size was walking across the road and I saw him looking at me, so I glanced back to see if I knew him and he started going fucking off the rails, talking about stabbing me :lol: :eek:

I'm fully aware that the little cunt was all mouth, but ffs he must have only been 13, and you cant tell me shit like that used to happen "back in the day".

You could blame drugs for this kind of thing, thats what most "old" people do, but thats bullshit. British sociey is shit for 13-18 year olds. Well its a bit bleak saying that because it's circumstantial dependent on location but for most it applies.

Blame it on the charvers :up:
  11. Curly Watts

Curly Watts Est. 1988

But not all little cunts have the capacity to be normal, I know if a floodlit football pitch got put up in Howdon kids wouldnt be able to go, because just like everything, charvers feel the need to smash it up and cause bother. Try telling me I'm wrong.
  12. Rossy

Rossy . Staff

It's all relative though.
  13. Rossy

Rossy . Staff

I don't think you and your mates playing out on your bikes/skateboards are really much of an issue myself.
  14. Curly Watts

Curly Watts Est. 1988

I have never had a skateboard in my life and I haven ridden a biks in about 4 years so I would say, :p.
  15. BRID

BRID Has name in red. Staff

in the grand scheme of things? :D
  16. rachel

rachel Registered User

for those of u interested 'toxic childhood' by sue palmer sums it all up perfectly its def worth a read for anyone who plans to have children in the future or works with kids
    its so many factors that make the children of 2day so unhappy n thank god people are not starting to recognise it before its too late.
    bad parenting is massively to blame, kids are far too exposed to a crap diet, too much telly and computer games and fail to have good role models as parents to look up to.
    the media trys to encourage children to grow up far too quickly and the world 2day is far more dodgy than its ever been.
    ggrrr it makes me cross
  17. scruf

scruf Registered User

So get the whingers in this country to get of their arse and give up a weekday night to supervise these facilities, there's too much finger pointing where this issue is concerned.. if people have a problem, they should do something to help instead of further alienating the younger generation..
  18. Phil Mitchell

i agree on the diets but not on the role models and the world being dodgier than ever

so many people are still amazing parents and the worlds always been dodgy
  19. ManofScience

ManofScience Guest

i love all this 'new parenting' bullshit flying around at the moment "talk to your 2 year old, ask them why they felt the need to stick a piece of lego up their nose" :lol:

responsibility and a bit of common sense - thats whats needed.