Thieving politicians

Discussion in 'News & Current Affairs' started by Willa, May 20, 2009.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Willa

Willa Registered User

Thieving politicians

I can't believe there hasn't been a thread on this over the past fortnight.

What a fucking piss take. Worse than any run of the mill benefit cheats.
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

I try not to moan about how much tax I pay and where it goes, but it certainly puts it in perspective when you're paying £4k of tax a year and some twat is claiming £8k for some "good quality bookcases".

I can only imagine what my employer would say to me if I tried that. I'd imagine "LOL fuck off" would be somewhere in their list of possible replies.
  4. stuwrong

stuwrong Registered User

5. Congay

Congay Registered User

not really bothered by this tbh, they are underpaid (argument "so they do it because they want to help the country not for wealth") so they are just milking the expenses. Anyone on here who has had a works trip away and ordered a steak when they could have had pasta is just doing exactly the same in principle. I lot of ppl comment on this are blatant hypocrites.
  6. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

Yeah, but what they're doing is the equivalent of two kobe steaks flown in from japan, some caviar, and a case of crystale, instead of pasta.
  7. Sweeney

Sweeney Registered User

Its not the same thing in principle at all, this is public money theyre spending... the money from the people they are meant to represent.
  8. ManofScience

ManofScience Guest

you're expecting MP's to be perfect human beings - they not, no-one is. people are greedy. as pike says, anyone who has ever claimed expenses will try and get as much as they can. if they were ALLOWED to claim that stuff -they would have seen no problem is doing so.

there's different levels, with some much more guilty than other - like the ones claiming mortgage payments on a house he'd already sold - thats just plain fraud.

it's the system that allowed them to do so thats at fault and the fact there was no regulation. that, and that all politicians are cnuts.

whats more interesting is when u look at the difference between what claimed. Labour MP's = mock tudor beams, bookcases; Conservative MP's = Moat cleaning - class divide or what? :lol:
  9. Shortee

Shortee back of the net

So if any of you were in their position you wouldnt of claimed for things you could get away with? load of bollocks, of course you would! I certainly would, if the guidlines say you can claim it, then claim it!!

the MP's who have claimed shouldnt be fired, it should be whoever made the rules up in the first place!!!

When my granny was the local councillor she used to pay me to do leaflet drops around her area, no proof was needed and she would get the money back straight away with no trouble at all, my grandad would also get paid hourly + 60p per mile to take me granny to meetings and anything to do with her doing her job!!
  10. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

The MPs make the rules...
  11. ManofScience

ManofScience Guest

u mean the MP that claimed for a moat - he made up that rule?
  12. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

no, I mean they all agreed the rules they abide by. They even decide their own pay.

Noone should be in the position where they can do that as it will always be abused.
  13. ManofScience

ManofScience Guest

but those rules have been in place for a while? plus, you have the house of lord - they vote on some stuff. obviously they're going to be resistant to change - thats why there should have been some sort of regulation in place - glad u're now agreeing with me it wasn't the MP's ;)
  14. Sweeney

Sweeney Registered User

15. ManofScience

ManofScience Guest

i totally agree, a small business, 10 - 15 staff, you won't do it as much - but you would a big multnational - and whats the biggest? the goverment! there's 10's of 1000's of civil servants with the biggest budgets u can imagine, all coming from a limitless pot of taxes!
  16. ManofScience

ManofScience Guest

i sound like i'm excusing them - i'm not. i'm just saying other people do it - just they've been caught out.
  17. Shortee

Shortee back of the net

18. Sweeney

Sweeney Registered User

19. MistaK

MistaK Modulations Staff

i fucking hate politicians, there was a time years ago where they were there to serve the community, now its basically just to make money for themselves.

i bet the Labour HQ press office is loving this atm.

and the fact they've all been told to say that it's a rotton system, even after they've been caught out - and they dont seem to blame themselves they blame the system. fucking pathetic if you ask me.

politicians are supposed to be proper upstanding members of society, not one of the great unwashed that would claim everything under the sun if they had a chance. just because i/we/englands population would try and claim daft stuff like they have, doesent excuse them one bit and they should all be shot.

at one point last week it seemed like the whole of the labour party and tories were going to dissolve. fucking good riddance i would have said.

get boris as PM so we can at least laugh at the state of politics in our country.
  20. Congay

Congay Registered User

id rather dreg a moat with my money than give it to some toothless Romanian in tesco vouchers
  21. robby_41

robby_41 Shearer!

Disgrace! ... I know I would do the same :)

I actually saw David Miliband in Cafe Nero in Shields, King Street last Friday. And the plonker women who served him, asked if he wanted a receipt to show Gordon Brown LOL.