Shindig lineup 2012

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Conway, Jan 25, 2012.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. MELT

MELT Registered User

it thought charlie hoult owned the license . the reason they will be leaving is because hoults take all of the bar profits and if you look at the coin that it must take to put the acts that they have had on in there i just cannot see how they make any money from it. LOOK HOW LONG DIGITAL SOCIETY NORTH EAST LASTED its not financially viable

plus its a very limiting space and 1 room.

i think its massively overated not shindig but the "warehouse"
  2. Mike Louth

Mike Louth Digitally Imported

Interesting! I know Paul at DS has said they're staying at the O2 in Leeds as a base now but I wasn't sure why.
  3. Chewy

Chewy I'd fist it

The warehouse is too small for Shindig and Digital is too big... Where will they go?
  4. Ian Cox

Ian Cox Registered User

might jump on the plucked, tanned and off to koos'days bandwagon and head for the white room at tiger tiger (yes this is a joke)
    Mike Louth likes this.
  5. Mike Louth

Mike Louth Digitally Imported

I think Scott has got a stash of bricks in his garden, they're building their own place somewhere.
    Conway likes this.
  6. Ian Cox

Ian Cox Registered User

might as well just re-open foundation, its stood empty since they converted it into offices
  7. MELT

MELT Registered User

can see them turning up at either digital (again) , legends or the carling academy or moving wholescale to one of the uni's once a month

newcastle uni with its newly polished corporate glossyness would fit down to the ground

we dealt with mr hoult on 2 seperate occasions trying to organise a birthday party and it continuously felt like trying to push water uphill by hand ....in the end i walked away not once but twice

i wouldnt even call it a warehouse its a brick building with soundproofing that everyone has jumped on the bandwagon of, as with most of the too cool for school crowd their attention span doesnt last very long and W34 will be left behind sooner than soon

i can see the same happening with the other warehouse across gateshead which pees on everything else from a great height there will be one or two great parties and then either the filth will shut it down or the promoters will over use it big time i just dont know why "promoters" keep these warehouse venues under the radar and off facebook years ago word of mouth spread the vibe via those in the know facebook FUCK OFF

awaits incoming abuse

:wink:
  8. BRID

BRID Has name in red. Staff

The whole 'warehouse' thing is as far removed from the old warehouse thing as you could possibly get. Without a big name or brand or DJ to keep it going, we don't have the same vibe or crowd anymore. Who the fuck wants to wander all about Ouseburn on a Sat night unless its a sure thing anyways.

Watch some old youtube videos of raves in the early 90's and the people there bear very little similarity to the crowds today. Not saying it's a worse or better thing - But i think the days of being out in the sticks in a 1.0 Fiesta with a phone number on a fag packet to ring at 10pm are long gone.

I always thought that building next to COCO V (Or whatever it's new name is now) and opposite the Forth would be a class size if it was cleared out and glammed up a bit. Chances of that happening are slim to none with a church next door.
  9. Earl Grey

Earl Grey time for tea

hugging trees , if you dont like it , fuck off , i
    Nout to do with shindig but If there was venues in the sticks then there are people to go to them , i know for sure....There was an outdoor aircraft hanger the other week , was a good size rave on the moors in yorkshire , thou there sounds system was small and they dj'd off laptops .... fuzzz turned away over a hundred , and inside was about 200 ..... thou the organisers are cocks to the fuzz , so they are always getting hasstle...

Even more people poppin oot kids now , so less going out to 'sketchy' raves and more planning to go to 'polished' partys... shame.

Times i wish the m25 was closer , almost every month its still going on , drive around , ring a number , multirigs....
  10. MELT

MELT Registered User

earl you never tell people til after you have been so you can hog the dj sets ha ha ha ha

AND .....you know this to be true

i am surprised we have the heads up on your wedding location even :wink:

awaits some ageist abuse lol

ps: lost count of number of times I have asked for the nod and a wink when earl is on manoeuvres
  11. MELT

MELT Registered User

BRID get yourself to MILK THE COW on 28th april - that was where detox were going to do a warehouse event dec 2010 but had to put it on ice literally due to the big freeze
  12. MELT

MELT Registered User

the crowd still exists and they still have a passion for the music but it takes something "special" for them to come out and play and a few thiings

they have to organise babysitters cos they have kids
    they have mortgages and all the other usual financial commitments as they are older
    they will only go out big time clubbing a handful of times a year

I predict one thing in many years time
    After all of the bosh monkeys and hardstyle heads have grown tired of that music by the time they are in their late 20s and early 30s the old school heads from the 90s will still be passionate about the music from the late 80s thru to the mid 90s as that old schhool and real techno has a much longer lasting appeal
    Rigsby420 likes this.
  13. Earl Grey

Earl Grey time for tea

i knew about the moors rave but didnt know location till the sunday .... i didnt go as was 'working as per fuckin usual' .. i wouldnt have knowen anybody there , its a tribe of youngins and above who love it as much as they can , but like i say there views of the fuzz arnt so good so im not to arsed about going..

seen some nice spots on sunday morning thou up past halty , was dark thou and had space raders eyes
  14. MELT

MELT Registered User

earl you sound like a virtual raver lol
  15. Earl Grey

Earl Grey time for tea

for a man who works a almost full tiem job and runs a semi full time tree buisiness , i dont do too bad on the party front old man
  16. adam.

adam. kthxbi

This.

When the buzz about it first started i admit i was caught up by it and couldnt wait to get myself in there the first time. It took me all of about 10 minutes to realise i was bitterly dissapointed by it. Yes people will say 'its meant to be a warehouse what the fuck did you expect' etc but haway, the place literally is a mechanics shed with the pits filled in and a cage at the back for a bar, no second room and nowhere to sit. Its fucking shite, its always 150 over capacity and you cant even lift your bottle to your mouth.

The Den is a FAR superior venue.

Thats a Chinese Church anyway i think. But yeah your right about the 'warehouse' thing, nowadays its nothing to do with trying to recreate a vibe or a feeling, its about making people buy into something they think is underground and therefore better than what other people are doing. Its the equivalent of Hipstamatic using retro film cameras to sell iPhone apps or Nike re-releasing that shoe from Back To The Future.
  17. MELT

MELT Registered User

PLEASE READ THIS THO,

THE DEN IS RUN BY A BUNCH OF "CROOKS" IF YOU WANT TO THROW YOUR MONEY DOWN THE DRAIN GET INTO BED WITH THEM

canny venue but the area management could not organise a piss up in a brewery
  18. MELT

MELT Registered User

EARL the reason you still get to do plenty of raving I will sum it up in one word

KIDS

you havent popped out any monkeys yet

once kids are in the mix staying up late every weekend just doesnt happen lol

it would be a shame if sideshow bob didnt let a couple of junior ravers loose on the world :up:
  19. Earl Grey

Earl Grey time for tea

im guna foster a little nigro
    Mike Louth likes this.
  20. Dennis the Menace

Dennis the Menace Registered User

lmfao your mental earl