R.I.P Bobby Robson

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LeeTheMackem, Jul 31, 2009.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. graham

graham Registered User

It is aye, always decent banter on there. You get the occasional idiot like though the rinsings they get are sometimes the funniest things to read :lol:

Back on topic - there was a quality tribute to Bobby on north east tonight earlier. If anything we should be celebrating his life and all he achieved rather than mourning his death. Few people will ever come close to his achievements in the game and beyond, and for that reason he will never be forgotten.
  2. mccassmastag

mccassmastag

Was a fitting tribute for the last goal seen by Sir Robert at St James' a Shearer pen beat the Germans. Legend in every sense.

R.I.P
  3. Jill

Jill Registered User

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYcx767XKJo"]YouTube - Sir Bobby Robson Trophy: England v Germany - Shearer penalty[/ame]

Poop quality, sorry :(
  4. Willa

Willa Registered User

Words can't describe what he done for world football man, i honestly don't think we will have another man in football who can inspire so many people in the positive way he has over the past 5 decades, a true gent who had the time of day for anyone he met. Time and time again bobby's come back from people out to knock him down(mostly in the media as england manager) and he's proved them all wrong by doing what he does best, building quality football teams and instilling the will to win in each and every one.

To drag us from the bottom of the league with an 8-1 win against sheff wednesday to the top of the league in the space of two seasons was unbelievable like and he put the club in the position to challenge the top 3 for a long while after he would leave, only for a wave of imcompetant fools to dismantle his hard work piece by piece to what we are now. Its heartbreaking the way sir bobby was treat by the board, but he's a humble and dignified man and the way bobby has went about his life since then, faced illness like hes done so many times in the past and created his charity speaks volumes about the kind of man he was, a fighter and the kind of person to always look on the positive side of life, even when things aren't going to plan.

I was made up he managed to get to the charity game on sunday, the reception and the turn out just proves how loved the great man was, he was a man of the public, everyone could relate to him and his views because he was a working class hero, started life down the pit in durham and made something of his life through football, for that he gained massive respect from alot of people. He didn't play any games in his work either like some of his contemparies, he was as straight up as they come and said what he thought and mean't what he said. I've said it before and i'll say it again, the east stand should be renamed in his honour for definate.

RIP Sir Bobby.

And heres my video of shearers penalty, and yes i'm not the best singer.

[yt]11Mwv44Taq4[/yt]
  5. Jono_H

Jono_H Registered User

a sad loss to all football fans. theres not many people who could draw so much respect from so many fans during life and in passing.

RIP
  6. Granty

Granty 38°52′48″N 1°23′30″E

7. Micko_Harriso

Micko_Harriso Say Energy!!

Cracking post that Willa

Just watched his Sports Personality thing on BBC - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tv_and_radio/sports_personality_of_the_year/7703189.stm

The respect he had in Football is unreal. No one will have that again. I dont know of a single manager / player who had a bad word to say about him. Or if they did they soon changed their mind, anyone see Keiron Dyer on Sky Sports News? Was a total wanker when Bobby was here, that shit before the Boro game, refusing to play, asking to leave & shit like that. Even after that he still cried during the minutes silence & has nothing but praise for him in an interview after

Sad loss, wont ever be anyone like him
  8. MissyC

MissyC Missy Flowers.............

A True Geordie Legend, RIP SIR BOBBY :king:
  9. Ruth

Ruth Registered User

he was a true gentleman & a total legend...even if he did forget his players names :lol:

RIP SIR BOBBY
  10. Aaron!

Aaron! Coming soon...

Paul Gascoigne, who struck up a remarkable bond with Robson during the 1990 World Cup, said:

Father figure: Paul Gascoigne paid homage to his former England manager
    'He was like my second dad. He gave me my first run-out for the England team. When I saw him recently it was heartbreaking to see him that way.'
    ---------------------------------------------------

Not wanting to take this away from Bobby but just read this. Maybe someone should tell Gazza it's heartbreaking every time there is a story of him being really drunk slowly killing himself :(
  11. JIMI

JIMI Not an Administrator

either on a messenger of death or a naval base
    bbc 1 now people
  12. Micko_Harriso

Micko_Harriso Say Energy!!

:up:
  13. jamesclimax

jamesclimax Registered User

It is a sad, tragic loss for the world of football, and particular to the North East.

The man is a legend, one of a kind and one of the best things about the game.

Easily Newcastle's best manager of modern times.

I had the pleasure of meeting Sir Bobby once and he was a kind, funny and polite gentleman.

It is testament to the man that what little energy he had left, he devoted it to giving to others and to making one last appearance at his beloved home at St. James'.

However, it makes me sad and angry to know that he left seeing Newcastle in the plight they are currently in.

All this makes it all the more pertinent that this awful mess gets sorted out as soon as possible.

Give Alan Shearer the job. It is obvious to me that he learned a lot from Bobby and has a similar character, and cares for the club in much the same way.

I hope all those concerned can use what has happened and get something positive out of it.

Sir Bobby Robson, RIP - never forgotten
  14. Ruth

Ruth Registered User

According to a online news report his family have been to st james' today... have sene some pics on fb..looks an array of items fit for Sir Bobby :)
  15. JIMI

JIMI Not an Administrator

either on a messenger of death or a naval base
    yeah i was watching the news and seen the, his wife didnt speak she was obviously far too upset but one of his sons spoke to the film crew
  16. Craig_M

Craig_M Registered User

I was at St James' Park when they came in, everyone applauded and a few people sang theres only one bobby robson
  17. Ry M

Ry M

Truest meaning of the word Legend.

R.I.P Sir Bobby.
  18. Ruth

Ruth Registered User

Although they are grieving i imagine that they are touched that everyones thoughts are with them.

1.6 million has been donated to the charity since fri :up: