Pointless

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by loopyloosy, Nov 23, 2006.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

1. loopyloosy

loopyloosy Registered User

Pointless

Do you ever just feel that your life is without point?

We have just done this lesson at uni about what the hell we are doing in the world - and its making my head hurt.

All the call centre monkeys, all the office workers, all the people who work towards targets that they dont even care about, all the labour slaves, all the people who get up at god knows what time when the rain is lashing at the window, its dark and cold, to go and work for a big company to whom you are just a number, who dont actually care about you, who make you think you are total crap by comparing what you do and your statistics on how well you are doing to the 'best' person in there, and who make you think you get personal satisfaction from doing well when you have an appraisal - when really they just want you to work better for thier company, not for yourself.

What is the point?

We slave over our work doing our repetative jobs which lead nowhere to get money (about 75% of what you actually make the company in business/revenue etc) to end up with a 3 bed semi detatched in a nice area with the wife/husband and kids and a ford mondeo, only to end up old and lonely in an old peoples home, your pension barely covering the amazingly incompetant care you recieve there as you have become so senile in dealing with 'life' that your relatives cannot look after you.

What is the damn point?

To live in a blanket of fear controlled by the goverment putting tanks at heathrow to make us feel vulnerable, like we need to be protected from this terrible terrorist monster - when really we are more likely to drown in our bath tub than be caught up in some evil terror plot "hey, you seem nice - a word of advice, stay away from the metrocentre on 23rd December" WHATEVER

Well, there is always the case that if you take a different stance and refuse to be conditioned into this androgenous proletariat worker, you are outcast in society - thrown off like an 'unfashionable' piece of clothing - made to live off benefit/or be homeless/have no status.

Again, I repeat, what is the damn point of all this?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

/rant off

but hey, how are YOU feeling today?
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. andy_rocks

andy_rocks Registered User

I used to wonder that.....then I discovered science and realised that there really is no point to life whatsoever, that we are merely complex chemicals that happened to appear and happened to be able to self replicate.

Modern life gives you no real struggle to survive as a vessel to carry your genes - evolution doesn't care about you, once your children are capable of fending for themselves.

We've created a very artificial world, and removed the challenges to life that once existed.

Therefore, the point of life is to enjoy it :D

Everything you do...career, children, a cup of tea, the board, a holiday is focussed to that effect.

You might think you don't enjoy having a job, getting a house, a car, etc, but I'm sure if you weren't able to for whatever reason you would soon miss it

:D
  4. loopyloosy

:) happy smily people holding hands.....shiny happy people laughing

:lol:
  5. loopyloosy

Im not discounting anyone for wanting this but what I am saying is that we are CONDITIONED to want it, from our family, our education and the media. We want it because we are made to want it, its not actually real.

We cant step outside it though coz like I say doing that gets you nowhere.
  6. andy_rocks

I mean, there's no heaven, no hell, nothing afterwards in the same way there was nothing before.

Almost paradoxically, thats why life is so precious.

I cannot think of a cause I'd be willing to sacrifice my life for, because let's face it, there won't be hundreds of virgins waiting in heaven or whatever, and the sooner the world realises this, the sooner we'll all stop fighting.
  7. mentalbarter

mentalbarter Registered User

The point of life is to get experiences and enjoyment out of them. Then when you get older to bring up kids and get enjoyment out of them.

Do some voluntary work if you want to make your life feel more worthwhile
  8. andy_rocks

You are able to step outside it...I know a couple of people who dedicate their lives to travelling - they have no proper job, no car, no house and they're coming up retirement age, because they spend it all seeing the world.

It's a big step though :D

Visit a developing country...life goes on without 9-5 jobs and vauxhall vectras :up:
  9. andy_rocks

Here are your priorities. Having passed the other phases, you are now in the top part of the pyramid loopsy, perhaps the hardest of all :D

[​IMG]
  10. loopyloosy

:lol: Its not that I dont feel it worthwhile, its that we have little or no choice in what we do.

Andy - how do these people you speak of support themselves?
    You cant get much for nothing these days. Surely most of these people, even people who took a gap year had to save, beg borrow and steal to be able to do that?

you need money to be free - freedom is an illusion
  11. loopyloosy

my priorities are a small white box with a red square in?

cant see the pic :)
  12. French William

French William _________________

Re: Pointless

Chill out American Beauty.
  13. andy_rocks

:oops: I mean

Attached Files:

14. loopyloosy

Re: Re: Pointless

whats that? :confused:
  15. Alexander

Alexander Registered User

the point of life imo is to just enjoy it!!!

oh and meet some aliens:lol: :lol:
  16. Yosef Ha'Kohain

Yosef Ha'Kohain Registered User

The point of life is living....

No one knows what happens before or after so concentrate on the present... When individuals win millions on the lottery they all find their own unique way of spending this gift, life is greatest gift known to man so find your own way of using it.

Don't be so quick to dismiss the capitalist path we tread, theres no shame in working 9-5 to raise a family, after all it is your family and the values that you instill in them that will be your legacy on earth.

Everything else is meaningless, we are born with nothing and die with nothing... so go forth and be fruitful ;)
  17. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

looks like joe has beaten brid to posting the "profound thought of the day" :lol:
  18. andy_rocks

Lots of votes for 'enjoy it'....I wonder how different things would be if we hadn't asked a bunch of clubbing wreckheads :D
  19. Yosef Ha'Kohain

Yosef Ha'Kohain Registered User

:lol:

I believe xander got in there first ;)
  20. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

god only knows what you'd get if you posted it on the gg board :lol:
  21. JIMI

JIMI Not an Administrator

either on a messenger of death or a naval base
    well i feel alot happier after reading this thread like