PC Problem

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Geordie, Jun 6, 2005.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Geordie

Geordie "Im Outta Time"

PC Problem

I have just bought an MP3 Player, all be it nee Ipod like :lol:

When i got to install the software the PC doesnt pick up the CD nor does the CD/RW Drive either - i tried other CD's and they dont work either :(

I have AVG / Sygate both running atm but then again that shouldnt make a difference and i want to start putting some music onto the MP3 Player...

Can anyone help me ??

Cheers
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. ManofScience

ManofScience Guest

other CDs work fine?

does it make a funny noise when trying to read it?

what happens when u click the CDRom drive in 'My Computer'?

obvious, i know, but make sure the disk isn't a DVDRom instead of a CDRom......
  4. Geordie

Geordie "Im Outta Time"

Nah no other CD's work thats the thing, its happened before cut i cant remem what i did to resolve it ?!?!

Its fucking annoying cos its as if its not picking owt up when there's nothing wrong with the bastard cd's :( :cry:

I have re-started it a few times as well to no avail..

When i click on my comuter it just tells me to install a CD into the correct drive - it is a CD as well not a DVD :up:

Cheers btw..
  5. ManofScience

ManofScience Guest

does it sound fucked when you first put disks in, like it's struggling to read them?
  6. Geordie

Geordie "Im Outta Time"

Nah it sounds ok actually :(
  7. ManofScience

ManofScience Guest

mmehh.

Nee idea! Sounds like a hardware problem and the drive is chuffed - BUT if you've had it b4 and resolved it then i'm not sure... did u post about it on here? i vaguley remember something.......
  8. Lee

Lee original gowans artwork

are the lights acting normal when you put a cd in, or does it look as though its continuously trying to read it?

i had a problem where my dvdr drive wouldnt open and there was no lights on it just after i burned a dvd it kept making a clickin noise. i left it turned off for about 5 mins and then gave it another go and it worked. i think my psu is on its last legs tho
  9. Brownie Boy

Brownie Boy

Which version of windaz have you got on?
  10. dodgy

dodgy rowr kitty super meow cat

Check in the BIOS to see if the drives are showing up on the secondary IDE, if not select them
  11. Geordie

Geordie "Im Outta Time"

Eventually got it working, some music on it now :up:

Again tho i have had to take of Sygate / AVG just so that a CD will play in the CD Drive - am gonna re-install them now but thats what happened last time ?!?!

Seems when there on the PC the Disk Drives are never active and wont accept any CD's or owt :( :(

Cheers people anyways :)
  12. ManofScience

ManofScience Guest

site visit required :D
  13. Geordie

Geordie "Im Outta Time"

Right....

Last night the only way i could get the MP3 player to have music on was if i totally uninstalled AVG Free and Sygate :down: - to just have music today this is what i did.

When i got in from work before i deleted one and still i couldnt add/remove MP3's from the player in the disk drive added with the USB Cable - however when i have left Sygate on and took off AVG only it lets me add/remove music ?!?!

I am baffled myself - well odd...

Seems that AVG must de-activate the drives on me PC which then means i cant use them to install things or in this case put music onto me MP3 Player :(