New Pioneer / Traktor mixer!

Discussion in 'Technology' started by BRID, Apr 6, 2011.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. BRID

BRID Has name in red. Staff

2. 1615634792921.png
  3. trance250

trance250

I really don't see the point of this. Only good thing I can see is the fact it has a built in soundcard. Scouting around its looking like its going to be over the £1000 mark which for what it is (a 2 channel midi controller that you'd struggle to use outside the bedroom) is ridiculous. There's plenty more out there that would tempt me long before this would.

Another Pioneer fail
  4. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

Not particularly impressed. Could have been a lot better in terms of features and price.

No digital input/outputs, and the $1900 price tag will put many people off.

I'd rather buy an S1, or a second-hand DJM800.
  5. BRID

Yeah, i'm not impressed by it being 2 channel, and the transport functions look ill thought out.

The Allen and Heath Xone:DX has it licked.

..... is there any point having your own mixer these days anyways, unless you are going to be taking yours to clubs. Granted when they were topping out at a grand for all but the top end ones i could understand, but these days you almost need to have a second mortgage just to get the latest and greatest pioneer jobby.
  6. Mike Louth

Mike Louth Digitally Imported

Pioneer are just trying to play catch-up but it's not really working out for them.
  7. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

Their whole approach seems to be to rest on the laurels of what they've already accomplished with their first foray into DJ equipment. The CDJ800/1000 were revolutionary compared to what went before it, and there wasn't much that could compete with it, bar maybe the high-end Denon players (DNS-5000, DNS-3500).

Now everyone from Akai to Traktor to Numark are pushing the envelope and coming out with more flexible and powerful equipment. Pioneer's only answer seems to be to tread the same old ground again and again (make a two-channel version of our flagship mixer, but rip out lots of the functionality and make it only slightly cheaper).

It's only a matter of time before they get left behind completely by the competition....
  8. BRID

Yep. The CDJ2000 to me is Pioneers Swan Song. Much like Technics and their awful SLDZ (?) CDJ that nobody bought.

They are right at the top of the CDJ/MIXER game right now, and controllers/laptops are NOT going to go away any time soon.

Once Tiesto is spotted with a copy of traktor and a Powerbook, its all over for them, cos the bedroom copycats will do also.
  9. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

the SLDZ thingy is a perfect example of a product that was stuck in the past - trying to emulate a full-size turntable.

Shame...
  10. adam.

adam. kthxbi

Now im not exactly the knowledge when it comes to hardware, but i get the impression Pioneer really are last in the race now like.