Martin O'Neill

Discussion in 'Sport' started by Gary Proud, Aug 18, 2012.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. 5_8_6

5_8_6 Registered User

dear oh dear...
  2. jamesclimax

jamesclimax Registered User

Still the man for the job????????????? He's had 3 transfer windows now and spent a fortune on mainly duffers.

Just gubbed off worst team in the league.

Oh dear...
  3. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

***Insert comment about O'Neill still working with Bruce's players despite signing 11 and giving out 4 new contracts ***
    jamesclimax likes this.
  4. Congay

Congay Registered User

hahahaha the puddle dancers are jumping about but your still dripping wet from the championship!

its a funny old game
  5. jamesclimax

Jermaine Jenas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From the ONE time we got relegated. And we're now in Europe. I call that progress.

How many relegations for SAFC? How much progress?

How does it feel to be the only "big" north-east team to not have played in Europe?? Even Middlesbrough have played in Europe ffs.

Must be terrible seeing teams like Swansea, Stoke, Fulham and West Brom make more progress than yourselves.

Even Bradford and Millwall have gone closer to getting into Europe in recent seasons.

SAFC's next 5 games -

Norwich
    Man Utd
    Chelsea
    NUFC
    Everton
    Conway likes this.
  6. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

7. Congay

Congay Registered User

De-Partie With Marty !!! hahahaha
  8. jamesclimax

Partin' with Martin
  9. 5_8_6

5_8_6 Registered User

'Must be terrible seeing teams like Swansea, Stoke, Fulham and West Brom make more progress than yourselves'.

the same progress that puts each of those teams, also above you, in the league?

you're in europe and playing for the main, rubbish!...not one shot in 60 mins in your latest game

add to that, you're ripping the piss and still (at the time of typing), below us...
  10. jamesclimax

Yet we've only lost 1 game in Europe.

above you now...

and regardless of how we did today, that was still a terrible result for you lot and you have, at the moment, a poor team with a dinosaur of a manager who is massively underachieving
  11. S.E.C.T.

S.E.C.T. Kiss My Face

Great result today. Im mega happy :D
  12. jamesclimax

I'm fairly certain that none of those clubs finished higher than us last season.

And it looks like Wigan, Blackburn or Millwall (again) will be in Europe next season, so add them to that list above

I always thought it that the mark of a good team was still getting results despite not playing well

Seems to me you're barrel scraping if you keep harping on about "no shots" during one game, fair enough criticise if we lose but all ends up it was a good result
  13. Ian Cox

Ian Cox Registered User

S(delusional)MB. Remy obviously thought he was playing for toon yesterday as did Jenas. I saw a few Sunderland 'fans' on my facebook feed say yesterday after the game that it was the final straw from yesterdays result and that they won't be renewing or buying any tickets whilst the current shirt and management occupiers are in place. Yes we had one season in the championship but we pissed it and were still averaging attendances of 49k every home game and that is WITHOUT giving away thousands of free tickets every week in an attempt to undermine every single person who has spent good, heard earned cash on going to see the team that they love and support. Today wasn't the most of exciting of games but myself and 50.7k others sat and froze our arses off right the way through it to see us claim another hard fought victory. Not fuck off for some cheesy chips an hour in or sit and look at pictures on our kindles like the unwashed. The attendance would have been about sold out had it not been for Stoke's piss poor effort of about 4/500 fans up in the gods. Shit team, Shit fans. Decent manager despite him getting slated but and the end of the day who on earth could get motivated to turn out for that?! Come 13th of April on current form we could well be placing one of the final nails in the coffin of your latest relegation from the footballing elite and I intend to dance around the stadium and thereafter the town in smug celebration until I am too pissed to stand, speak or even co-ordinate my eyes to look anywhere but my eyelids! At least you will all get an extra 4 games for your money should you decide to renew your tickets next season as is looking a very realistic possibility. SUch a shame, just hope the 'boro get promoted so we get our usual 2 derby games next season :)
  14. S.E.C.T.

S.E.C.T. Kiss My Face

15. jamesclimax

^^ get in!!!
  16. 5_8_6

5_8_6 Registered User

ian - well done for being there yesterday..at least you turn up and support the team...

'Remy obviously thought he was playing for toon yesterday'......give it a rest man..if he was that interested in playing for you in europe, in front of crowds of 55k or whatever you get each home game and also possibly wearing the 'world famous no9 shirt', he'd have signed for you...all of that and he signed for the bottom of the league team..

you're onto a good thing with your post, but resorting to the 'fuck off for some cheesy chips' is a poor effort like..i've searched high and low for them after about 40mins and i can state, that they aren't sold in the SOL...*safety wink*.

i think we're going to right down at the bottom, by the end of the season and on current form, i don't hold out much hope for the derby game..then again, i never do!! haha.

you'll not deny me saying we're poor at the minute..i try not to look at things, through rose tinted specs..the european games i've caught of yours, have been generally awful..that's not just me saying that, it's people who actually have been to the games and staunch mags..for my money, you haven't had a 'proper' game in europe yet..by that, i mean a real quality opposition..maybe if you crack on further you'll come up against such a team and then if you play well and get a good result, i'll offer my congratulations..as it stands, some of the football served up has been awful and i'll use the '1 shot on target in 60 mins' as an example, for the final time..someone elsewhere commented that you didn't have a proven goalscorer on the pitch - i'm sure cabaye was playing and he's got 6 goals this season so far - even though he's been out with an injury?..
  17. jamesclimax

Didn't Bruce get hounded out when SAFC were in similar form because he was a "fat Geordie ba$tard"?
  18. Ian Cox

Ian Cox Registered User

having been to all the european games i do tend to agree that we have faced some piss poor opposition. I do think Anzhi are a decent team mind ands think that we were massively helped by the early injury to Willian as he may well have been the man to pick us apart. I will take my seat come thursday in the hope that he may still be missing and the boys can find a way to again scrape through. Don't see us winning the competition at all but happy to enjoy steady progress thus far.

I'd have refrained from such a rant as above if I was merely an armchair fan as then half of my argument would indeed have been massively hypocritical. I admire your honesty in assesing your own team. I was saying similar about some of ours earlier in the season but after a slight freshening up of the squad and a few wins everything seems back to normal. We do perhaps lack an out and out goal scorer at present but Cisse can still finish thank god and the likes of Cabaye, Sissoko, Ben Arfa etc will all chip in, Now our defence is much improved I feel we are far more likely to be able to contain for 1-0 wins rather than needing to score 3 every game for victory. This would be great to see but if the results are good I don't mind.

As for the lack of cheesy chips at SOL then this perhaps explains why there is a slight downturn in attendance due to a lack of suitable half time sustenance haha, blue panda pops would also be an excellent addition as well as a small Greggs sausage roll stand in each corner to make it more child friendly haha.

A sensible debate between tyne and wear, I never thought i'd see the day. I'm sure a new thread will appear week commencing 8th April to restore parity of course, the countdown continues.....
  19. 5_8_6

5_8_6 Registered User

As for the lack of cheesy chips at SOL then this perhaps explains why there is a slight downturn in attendance due to a lack of suitable half time sustenance

good chat ian..

either pardiola is a genius, or he's managed to wing it for another season..either way, he's a wanker!! haha
    Conway likes this.
  20. 5_8_6

5_8_6 Registered User

we've been over this many a time...he stayed a lot longer than he should have done..truly inept and for my money and many others, being a geordie had nothing to do with it..just the fact that his tactics, positioning, subs etc had practically everyone either scratching their heads, or with their head in their hands...

no doubting MON needs to swings things around and fast..if this type of form was the norm at the start of next season, then he'd have to be on his way..