Martin O'Neill

Discussion in 'Sport' started by Gary Proud, Aug 18, 2012.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Congay

Congay Registered User

We HAVE so sign shite players. We live in the North East.

Look at Newcastle. They havent signed a big name since Owen.

Last years signings are a bunch of misfits (HBA), cripples (Yohan) and relegated free transfers (Ba) oh and some guy called Cisse who I hadnt heard of.

IF your argument is that Sunderland havent signed anyone or have overpaid for someone then Ill pick myself up of the floor. Abvout 10 years ago NUFC paid 7 million for a Mr Carl *coff* Cort.

I just made you all look silly on the internet.

ps. If Andy Johnson signs it will be the biggest signing in the NE since Shearer.... but he wont come to sunderland will he?
  2. S.E.C.T.

S.E.C.T. Kiss My Face

3. Congay

Congay Registered User

4. Congay

Congay Registered User

Yes the current England AML Adam Johnson.

Ahhhh this feels good.

#perspective
  5. S.E.C.T.

S.E.C.T. Kiss My Face

£26m Fletcher and Johnson?! Fucking madness
  6. Congay

Congay Registered User

Better than Cort and Boumsong?
  7. Congay

Congay Registered User

We are "The Bank Of England Club"

#fuckit
  8. S.E.C.T.

S.E.C.T. Kiss My Face

:lol:

We had change from £26m for Cort and Boumsong but yes you are right, silly money
  9. S.E.C.T.

S.E.C.T. Kiss My Face

I was just checking out where Boumsong was now and spotted this pearl on Wikipedia:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean-Alain_Boumsong
    He had a mixed time during his stay on Tyneside in regards to his form. During his first season at Newcastle he was praised for his defensive abilities and partnership with Titus Bramble. His popularity led to fans shouting the first syllable of his name, elongating the sound in a similar way to Arsenal fans chanting Nwankwo Kanu's name.
    Conway likes this.
  10. jamesclimax

jamesclimax Registered User

We are in the North East too, we haven't signed shite players - Ba (what does it matter if he was a relegated free transfer, he had a good record, Fletcher has been relegated twice, has no record and you paid £14m for him...) Cabaye (not a cripple, he's injured no more or less than any other player), Cisse (so what if YOU hadnt heard of him), Tiote (no-one had heard of him either), Coloccini, Ben Arfa - non of those
    are shite and all would walk into any top 4 squad.

It's all well and good buying Adam Johnson, but is he the answer to all Sunderland's problems?
  11. jamesclimax

Really? The bald-headed Fulham striker??????
  12. Congay

Congay Registered User

You did sign shite players. Ba was a free and injured. Stoke turned him down ffs.
    Cabaye was also seen as injured he had a bad injury and no one would take the risk.
    HBA is the Joey Barton of France...a wingeing trouble maker.
    Cisse... had YOU heard of him?? lololol no one I know had. He was a unknown unless you play FM and subscribe to World Soccer.

You rag tag bunch of cripples and unheards HAVE PLAYED WELL but they were not big signing or even great players when signed.
  13. Gary Proud

Gary Proud Registered User

14. Congay

Congay Registered User

why wouldnt they be?

are you trying so say high wages equals a badly run club? clarification needed Gary

high wages are only a problem if you domt get high crowds. sund and nufc both get great cfowds.

nothing to fear here
  15. Gary Proud

I'll try and be more specific.

Newcastle's gates are consistently higher most PL Clubs and have been for years. We still became the proverbial 'snake that ate its own tail' throwing money at players. It attracts swarms of mercenaries who don't really want to play for the Club, they are solely there for the payday. You only have to look past your laminated giro to see how it crippled us.

When the money stops and Sunderland are left with injured players picking up £70-80k a week (It will happen), will this be Marty's perfect excuse, just as it was with Villa?

I'm just waiting for the Micky Owen press conference...

"Eaaar man, dinne tak the mick, ee aalways was a great striker, ee'll be good for us"
  16. jamesclimax

What an absolute load of crap - since when does injured mean shite. Are you saying all injured players are shite??? Then explain to me how they are shite players.

Every single player gets injured.

Stoke turned him down, that's their loss / their mistake. Since he signed, he's hardly missed any games for us through injury. You really haven't a clue what you are taking about.

I refer you back to this quote
    Ba was free because his contract was up, not because he was injured. Ben Arfa hasn't whinged once since he signed for us and the comparison to Joey Barton is ridiculous - he's got more talent in his left big-toe than Barton has as a whole.

When was Cabaye injured? He had a clause in his contract which let us buy him for a bargain £4.5million, nothing to do with injuries - his appearances in his last 4 seasons at Lille -
    2007–08 40
    2008–09 35
    2009–10 46
    2010–11 48

That to me doesn't look like he was injured much...

No I hadnt heard of Cisse, but just because he wasnt well-known to the public doesnt make him shite. It's not my job to know every footballer, i'm not a scout, that's Graham Carr's job. Like I said, no one had heard of Tiote either, and he ain't bad.

Ronaldo wasn't very well-known before he signed for Man Utd...

These are facts, not just the ramblings of some blinkered Mackem...
  17. jamesclimax

And your point is?

Why do they have to be "big signings"??? Nobody said they were great players, they are all good players.
  18. Gary Proud

19. Congay

Congay Registered User

proudy> you cant compare sunderlands spending or wage struc to newcastles. newcastle nealry went to the wall for one reason. . . pissing millions away on shite players. cort, xisco, marcellinio, bramble, owen' boumsong, viana, emre.. . MILLIONS down the pan. most of what i listed left for free or peanuts. sunderland have lost some player value as well but newcastle was spurting money away on gash talent for a decade, it wasnt wages that fucked nufc up it was spending beyond means on players that had zero sell on value
  20. Congay

Congay Registered User

That AJ is the biggest NE signing since Michael Owen. Its pretty clear what the point is