Lost: Series 6

Discussion in 'Films & TV' started by MistaK, Sep 8, 2009.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Scotty

Scotty Internet Weirdo

Pop a 40 and check your rollies - its Blyth Tyme!
    Wasn't the kid meant to be something important in the earlier series'? They better explain what or I'll be annoyed. The actor who played Shannon didnt have time to film though I think :(
  2. Shortee

Shortee back of the net

yeh he could see the future or something couldnt he? when he was off the island and visited hurley he looked alot older, its going to be hard to show him on the alternative timeline with him looking older, unless they have already filmed his part
  3. Geoff Leotard

Geoff Leotard Registered User

As far as I understand it, they've had to make a lot of changes to there original plans.

Walt was going to be an important figure, but the rate he grew at meant they had to change the long term plans for his character.

Shannon wanted to leave the series, so they killed her off, which means it's unlikely that she'll reprise the role.

The same happened with Mr Ecko.
    The writers have said that they actually ended up giving a lot of his storyline to Locke after he left the series.

Anna Lucia and Libby both got killed off because they were involved in an embarrassing drunk driving incident while they were filming, so it's unlikely they'll be back in the final series.

Desmond also got charged for sexual harassment, which meant he was suspended for a big chunk of one of the series, but he won the case so hee seems to be back to being a main cast member.

I'm shocked by how many times the shown the radge bloke who blew himself up with the dynamite in series one. (arszt or something)
  4. Scotty

Scotty Internet Weirdo

Pop a 40 and check your rollies - its Blyth Tyme!
    haha gettin, I love finding out stuff like that, seeing how I was a late comer (ended up watching 1 - 5 just after 5 finished on US tv) I never really noticed Desmond gone for a while but did think it was quite odd how Mr Ecko and Libby both sort of went nowhere.

Theres no Michael in the second timeline now though either is there?
  5. Magpie

Magpie Registered User

Smokey/Locke/MiB blatantly filling Sawyer full of shit there, he's somehow got to get them off the island before he wins/becomes untrapped. Hence why they 'had to go back'. Interesting that Kate's name didn't seem to be on the ceiling.
  6. MistaK

MistaK Modulations Staff

aye, that episode was alot better than eps3, however this gives greater meaning to... the numbers....
  7. BRID

BRID Has name in red. Staff

For a final series, its starting to feel like the first two seasons! ... whats with this old pile of crap alternative/past life nonsense. Fair enuff they did it to death back in the beginning to establish the characters, but now it just feels like a piss take.

Loads of it just feels like one massive 'filler'.
  8. Andy

Andy

Lol @ when the Others and the Dharma hatches were considered the greatest mystery on the island in seasons 2-3 and Ben was this big mastermind character.

They still never explained how the others had insane stealth/ninja ability in moving through the forest/jungle.

My views on Lost are that the writers have a framework for a plot in place but they otherwise keep it flexible and penciled in the details as they went. That to me is why it loses it's way a bit in Season 4 and feels like a huge filler.

For example, much of Eko's character development was attibuted to Locke as Geoff pointed out. It was annoying as he was an intriguing character and he got shit-canned because the actor didn't like in Hawaii.

Then you had the writers strikes effing things up, Michelle Rodriguez (Ana-Lucia) in her drink/drive incident, Henry Ian Cusick in his sexual harassment case (thank goodness he was cleared as Desmond is a great character) and Charlotte's actress being shit-canned too - we didn't really find out anything about her character.

Also, Walt's actor growing up.

I think the writers do extremely well given you have a massive fan community coming up with theories and potential plot lines the writers undoubtedly thought they'd came up with first.

My only worry is how they'll wrap it up. It was originally said of the writers that every thing would be explainable with science, but Jacob and Fake-Locke come off a bit too magical for my tastes.

I want more Charles Widmore vs. Ben banter. More Daniel Faraday science talk BS (hope he comes back in some shape or form), more Sawyer 'son of a bitch' and nicknames moments.

Wish Juliet hadn't died too. That the actress sodded off to star in V, which is pretty good, but hasn't impressed me thus far is disappointing.
  9. Shortee

Shortee back of the net

im really disappointed with this series so far, just seems there is too much to answer in too little time!

atleast the numbers have sort of been explained but there are still loads of questions to be answered which i dont think can be answered in 18 hours.
  10. Magpie

Magpie Registered User

Quiet as fuck in here considering we're half way through the last season. Just watched Ab Aeterno, unbelievable. Alpert's history, rather then flashback, and bit more background as to what the island is all about.

Best one yet. Out of all the seasons.
  11. MistaK

MistaK Modulations Staff

nah, i havent watched recon yet - still, downloading this weeks and last now.

double header :)
  12. Shortee

Shortee back of the net

This weeks better be good, I have lost all faith to be honest, have been very disappointed with the last series so far, the best episodes were the first 2 and Claire and Kate meeting on the alternative timeline
  13. MR KUHNT

MR KUHNT fifi man

ITS RICHARDS BACK STORY.

VERY GOOD INDEED.
  14. Magpie

Magpie Registered User

Really? The two part premiere was good granted but I thought What Kate Did Next and Recon have been the poorest episodes so far. Dr Linus was very good and honestly Ab Aeterno is out of this world!!!

Think maybe your frustration may have something to do with the fact we know there are two sides, good v evil, white v black etc. but it seems to be dragging out explaining exactly what it is a little. Personally couldn't give a toss, I'd be happy for it to be dragged out another three seasons if it meant it would stay on our screens.

Oh and by the way I still think these flash sideways are glimpses as to what happens after the season finale.
  15. MistaK

MistaK Modulations Staff

Fuck! :eek:

- more on this when i get to a keyboard.
  16. adam.

adam. kthxbi

Ab Aerterno was nearly as good as The Constant....nearly.
  17. Magpie

Magpie Registered User

Better in my opinion like, but mainly cos I've wanted to know what/where/why about Richard since he first appeared.
  18. Chandler

Chandler

Finally starting to squeeze out some answers.
    Richards backstory is the standout of the season so far... even down to the guys acting which was excellent.

Imo this season has been hit and miss a little... but I am still enjoying it.
    The program will never reach the highs of season 1 - 2 but if they put a good end in place I still feel this will make the entire "journey" worth it.

I also wanna know the man in blacks name..

I get the impression that Jacob and him are two gods playing a game of chess.
    But this doesn't explain mibs desire to leave..

7 Episodes left :D

Makes me sick to think I started watching this in 2004/2005 lol
  19. always

always Registered User

best episode so far.

this season has been amassive disapointment so far. lots of new info but somehow... it's lost the mystery a bit. Been awaiting ages for richards back story, knew for AGES that he must have come as a slave on the black rock. did u hear the name of the captin? 'Magnus Hanso'. The Hanso foundation was started by his relative 'Alvar Hanso', who created the Dharma Initative.

Jacob is blatantly there to keep the black smoke dude on the island, or someone doing jacob's job has always been there -did you notice how different jacob acted when he first found richard? he wasn't the same cool and collected richard. maybe he was originally someelse's replacement back in the mists of time. it's all to do with being forgiven for your sins and repenting. ben ALWAYS apologies for the things he does wrong.

they always come, he said - "but it only ever ends one"

i want to know who the kids are in the jungle
  20. Dan

Dan Registered User

This episode was the best in the series so far! Its good that theyve finally answered some questions about Richard as hes one of the most interesting characters in the show. How good an actor is Nestor Carbonell though!? The blokes only been the lead in 1 episode and it was one of the best in the shows history. Its doing my head in not knowing why the MIB cant just kill Jacob and leave the island as he pleases. I know what everyone is getting at with the season so far, its been a tiny bit of a let down so far but if the rest of the season is as good as Ab Aerterno it should end good!