Lost Series 5

Discussion in 'Films & TV' started by Shortee, Jan 12, 2009.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. MistaK

MistaK Modulations Staff

Last episode tonight like hew!

part of me can't wait, however another part is destesting the fact that it'll be another year before the next (and final) series.

however i'm sure the writers of lost will not disband and create something equally baffling as the next project.
  2. MistaK

MistaK Modulations Staff

OH MY FUCKING WORD.

DID ANYONE SEE ANY OF THAT COMING!?

:O
  3. ManofScience

ManofScience Guest

guessed all along it was locke's body in the box.

dunno what all the jacob flash backs were about - he visited (an touched) them all except Juliet - why? started off good - showing the black rock arriving at the island presumably in the 1800's so i wonder who that other bloke is. i'm trying to remember myths of brothers - like cain and abel or brothers from egyptian mythology. i guess the 'living' locke is that other bloke - but why all that fuss to find jacob? why disguise as locke? although he did say "you found a loop hole" - i wonder if that was either 1) coming back to life 2) just getting back to the island

not the biggest/best WTF ending - but still a good one
  4. MistaK

MistaK Modulations Staff

Finale Spoilers****

i thought it was class.

they all seemed to have been touched by jacob at some point in time, and i can imagine juliet wasnt really a part of jack/locke/kate/etc's crew originally so that wouldent have mattered.

it's a bit mad how the other plane survivers (yeah, it was canny obv from the start that it was locke's bod in the box) were also meant to be there, and have been sent by jacob too. BUT WHY? it all seems like a mad sadistical game played by jacob.

I bet loads of people were shocked to see jacob was actually a normal looking bloke after all :lol:

- Bless Bernard and Rose!

and howay, bit of an obvious cliffhanger with juilet detonating the bomb like she did. but still - a year to wait to see what happens :(
  5. Shortee

Shortee back of the net

why did i scroll down :cry: :cry: went and ruined it for myself :cry:
  6. ManofScience

ManofScience Guest

you'll cry at the juliet / sawyer bit
  7. Shortee

Shortee back of the net

is this ep as good as teh whole of series 5? im soooo excited for sunday!!!
  8. ManofScience

ManofScience Guest

in classic lost style, it tell you loads of new stuff, sort of explains some older bits then confuses you :lol:
  9. MistaK

MistaK Modulations Staff

and then leaves you on a cliffhanger that is resolved next year :cry:
  10. Jimmy

Jimmy Registered User

Exactly:up:
  11. MistaK

MistaK Modulations Staff

So whats everyone's theory on Locke then? i'm still a bit confused about what his crack was....?
  12. Dan

Dan Registered User

I dont know how but i think that guy from the start of the episode has took over Locke's spirit to kill Jacob. It seems pretty obvious but i might be completely wrong. Why he wants him dead and why he didnt do it himself is anyones guess.....but we'll find out in a years time. :(
  13. Oasis

Oasis Peter North-east

The last 2 eps could of been alot better. I liked it going back to the time when that statue was there but then the rest of the episode wasnt as good as I thought it'd be. Still good compared to other tv programmes standards but not for how good this full series has been.
  14. MissyC

MissyC Missy Flowers.............

ahhhhhhhh last two episode....OMG.. got five mins to get down me granda's to watch it...........:D
  15. Rossy

Rossy . Staff

I think he's going to be a key part of the story line.
  16. Scotty

Scotty Internet Weirdo

Pop a 40 and check your rollies - its Blyth Tyme!
    everyone knows baldy wheel chair man is the real star of the show, I think he did all the crimes/something to do with a magnet.
  17. robby_41

robby_41 Shearer!

Its fairly obvious the guy at the start (who persumably takes over as Locke) has eventually found a loop hole to kill Jacob after a couple of centuries.
    But, what the fuck is the loop hole??
    Is it that he cannot do it personally? and has eventaully found someone to do it? or is there something specific about Ben that enables him to do it, i.e. being born on the island?

I think the loop hole has something to do with changing the destiny of the island (as locke/could be the ancient guy)was always going on about it, and even influenced Jack that everything could go back to normal if the bomb is detanated.
    Even at the start of the last epiosde when that guy is talking to jacob he says;
    'You're tyring to prove me wrong are n't you? (referring to the ship coming over)
    Jacob: You are wrong. They come, fight, they destroy, they corrupt, it always ends the same. It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.

Therefore the ancient guy must think there is not always an inevitable ending, where everyone gets killed on the island. But not until now (in the present) that has been avoided.
    Maybe Juliette changed the destiny back in 1974 by detanating the bomb which means Jacob can now be killed.
    Although it may be no coincidence that Jacob did not visit Juliette as a child, as that was the orignal destiny of the island (she was already destint to kill everyone on the island, through the message from her aprents about love) i.e. 'it always ends the same' and the island mets its usual conclusion in 1974.

Whatever the craic is, I suspect we find out in the final season how the island has avoided its usual 'everyone dies' conclusion that Jacob predicts.

Ha ha lol, sorry if this reads as a load of shite. New theories were popping into my head all the time whilst typing.
  18. Shortee

Shortee back of the net

brilliant ending I thought!

still alot of questions to be answered in the final series..

what happened to the statue

why was nothing explained with desmond and the swan(i think) imploding

where and what happened to claire

where is christian, has someone taken over his body like locke's?

what is the loophole? having someone else kill him or being "resurected" in someone elses body

why the numbers

ARRRGH!

gutted have to wait another year!

been reading on another site that series 6 was filmed at the same time as series one, if thats the case are they planning on going back to the first episode with everyone there, the plane still crashing but they all being rescued?

also, if they do go back to being on the flight, does that mean desmond will be back in the hatch pressing the numbers?

and richard said to sun that they all die, has the explosion killed them? or do they actually die in the plane crash? and that explains the plane being found in the ocean and the bodies being in the water? meaning widmore didnt plant the plane?? but then that cant happen as widmore admitted to faraday he planted the plane!

its still as confusing as ever!!!
  19. ManofScience

ManofScience Guest

hhm... dunno if thats true, Ben's character was only ever written for a few episodes but was re-written and kept in - they've changed the story all the way along - thats why i'm hoping they just don't close off certain things by 'fudging' them or just convieniently forgetting about bits. i hope all questions tie up but i'm not sure if they will...

the hatch wouldn't exist and he wouldn't be needed to press the button

in richard's current timeline they do - but not if they manage to change it
  20. Dan

Dan Registered User

I think all the visions of dead people (Christian etc) are that guy from the start of the episode using their spirits to manipulate people. Firstly the black smoke (which is in some way the bloke himself or controlled by him) gets inside their memory then uses a person's soul (it can only seem to do this with people whos bodys are present on the island) to manipulate people. An example of what i mean is when Ben went to get judged. It got the information it needed then used Alex to tell Ben to do whatever Locke says. By this point it was already using Locke's soul, bearing in mind he held back whilst Ben went into the cave. All along Locke has been used and manipulated. It seen his weaknesses and vulnerability - made him feel ''special'' and used him accordingly. Now the same has been done to Ben to kill Jacob. The only reason Locke had to be brought back is so the smoke monster/jacobs enemy could use him to kill Jacob. Everyone on the plane, the others, Widmore and anyone else in between are just pawns stuck in the middle of the war between Jacob and this other manipulative bloke. The next season will probably explain the battle between the 2 leading to Jacob's death, where everyone else fitted in and then how they will overcome the Locke imposter. IMO.