Local Repair???

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Jamie_Bracken, Feb 11, 2009.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Jamie_Bracken

Jamie_Bracken Registered User

Local Repair???

Does anyone know of a local repair centre that i can take my alesis m1 active monitor speakers to, I would rather not have to fork out all the cash to send them back to numark for testing and a fix. really need help with this. thanks guys
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. Jase

Jase Blue Booked

what exactly is wrong with it?

soundslive can handle repairs i think - or will pass you on to someone local

i had a dead amp a while ago and they past me a number (i just replaced the amp though so didnt use it)

is it a dead cone or have you blown something?
  4. Jamie_Bracken

Jamie_Bracken Registered User

cheers man!

basically when i switch them on the blue light on the top flashes and you can hear a little popping noise coming from the speaker. I have read an article on the net which says its a design fault, one of the components inside is too close to a part of the speaker which gets really hot and causes the fault. All you need to do is replace the component and then reposition it away from its original point. I bought a soldering kit with full intentions of sorting it out but ive decided to bottle it and get saomeone else to do it. how do i get in touch with these geezers?? cheers for helping mate
  5. ManofScience

ManofScience Guest

did they say what components to replace and with what? i'd say do it yourself, the component might only be a few pennies - repairs might cost a lot more unless u can tell the people what part to replace and where.
  6. Jase

Jase Blue Booked

i would just get a look yourself mate - if you're planning on spending money on repairs, its going to be no difference in price of if you've fucked the job up or the job that needed doing in the first place

changin caps etc is a piece of piss, the reason i asked at soundslive about my amp was cos i was trying to find a cheaper source for the caps - and hence just changed the amp as it worked out better for me

if you find out the part that's causing the problem, could you not just bend it out of the way of whatever is omitting the heat and try it out yourself - it might just be all it needs instead of getting the solder out

numark are notorious at heat problems lol the ttx owners had a right mare as well

i had an akai mpk49 for a couple of days and when i contacted customer support, it was alesis who replied (email responder) - then called me from the states(!) after i had took the unit back, so it might not be numark you talk to

http://www.soundslive.co.uk

0191 203 3422 (local number) karl or thomas in the keyboard dept might be able to help or if not, the lads up in the p.a rooms should know something if you get stuck :)
  7. MistaK

MistaK Modulations Staff

so hold on, alesis is also numark?!

Numark Gear is gash, is alesis the 'AMG' type offspin?
  8. Jase

Jase Blue Booked

Numark bought Akai Professional and Alesis a couple of years ago

Gemini is Cortex and iKey

Stanton, Sync, Akiyama Acura, Omnitronic, American Audio, Reloop and Citronic all release (Super) OEM decks / cd players / gear, from the same factory with a different sticker on them