latest mobile phones

Discussion in 'Technology' started by *Rachel*, Sep 25, 2007.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Danny_Habit

Danny_Habit Registered User

means free wifi access to 'the cloud' and totally unlimited data as well
  2. carter

carter

£269 with an O2 contract doesn't seem that bad of a deal to be honest, 18 month contracts are a nightmare though.

What are the 'fair usage' limits in terms of internet access? I think I'd rather wait a while 'til I can get reports from a few people who've had them a while before I got one.
  3. Mr.B.ThatsMe

Mr.B.ThatsMe 'yi raji puff

Is that £269 plus a £35 per month contract? If so, it's a fucking terrible offer. I know it wasn't in the hands of O2, but more so Apple themselves but for what you're getting I'd never pay it. The N95 is a better phone unless you're wanting to look cool for a few months :p (Nokia have an iPhone-type phone in the works too)
  4. Danny_Habit

02 have confirmed it is totally unlimited data - no restrictions. UK first. Free wifi in loads of pubs/restaurants/public areas as well.

Wouldnt trust any Nokia N series to be honest. Too many horror stories.
  5. andy_rocks

andy_rocks Registered User

I reckon O2 are going to bum everyone who gets an iphone.

I'll be waiting for better cracks and my w880i to break.
  6. Phil Mitchell

Phil Mitchell check me a dollar brer?

Lynne is going to LOVE IT if you go out for a meal and you are sitting there posting messages on www.clubhabit.co.uk/forum :lol: :lol: :lol:
  7. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

:lol:
  8. Mr.B.ThatsMe

In what ways? I'm really happy with my O2 contract, I've never had any problems with the tariff I'm on and Customer Service (besides a couple of the useless shites who manage to get a call centre job) has always been spot on. The fact Apple are making the iPhone cost a fortune on top of any tarrif by default is a bit offside imo. It's as if it's the greatest phone to ever hit the market but reviews have proven it's not much more than good looks..
  9. Danny_Habit

would disagree with that from the ones i have read. they all said it has faults but it is still the best phone out there.

time magazine have just made it their invention of the year.
  10. ManofScience

ManofScience Guest

people are scrambling for these phones - yes, like the ipod, it's not the BEST in it's field but since when has that mattered?

O2 could charge £500 for the phone, £100 per month contract with 8 free texts - people would stil buy them - it's the gadget people have been waiting for

yes, it doesn't have a camera and the touch screen is a meant to be a nightmare but it's stylish and trendy so they'll sell out.
  11. Phil Mitchell

Phil Mitchell check me a dollar brer?

that is fucking tragic
  12. Rob

Rob Registered User

I'd try using one before you pass judgement (if you've not already). It's by far the best phone I've ever used, it's way ahead of anything else on the market.

What's more it gets better with time, I enjoy using it even more now I've had it for about a month.
  13. Mr.B.ThatsMe

I'm just going by what people have said on phone websites and on a tv review. Compared with the N95, it's been rated second best in terms of practicality. If the iPhone was butt ugly would it still be such a pleasure to use? Apparently it's not a phone that's designed for a lot of on the move texting etc..
  14. Rob

Rob Registered User

Nope, but asthetic is part of the package of useability. As I said, I'd use one yourself before you draw conclusions, for every review that says something bad about it there are two that say something good.

I always hated touchscreen keyboards before I got this phone and I had exactly the same preconceptions about it that you are expressing.
  15. Mr.B.ThatsMe

OK I'll give you that ;)

I just love my N95 for features and useability.