Judgement day Vs REGEN

Discussion in 'Going Out' started by MistaK, Sep 2, 2007.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MELT

MELT Registered User

I am glad we understand one another

:D
  2. Rossy

Rossy . Staff

haha :D

"no offence to you joe, I love your 'graf' and all"
  3. Rossy

Rossy . Staff

Graffiti fun aside, how was Israel? Tell me about it.

I want to go some day.
  4. Yosef Ha'Kohain

Yosef Ha'Kohain Registered User

haha it's like the olden days everythread is hijacked by detoxoverboard and then I hijack it and talk about jews and shit... happy days.

Israel was mind blowing, you know those pictures of 18 year old girls sucking on lollypops while carrying an m16 slung over their shoulder? THAT SHIT REALLY HAPPENS. I'm not big on violence, but theres something about a hot girl with a big gun that pushes the right buttons... You'd go to chat them up and they'd make some joke about shooting you - which kind of killed the mood and scared the shit out of me ;)

[ame="http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=18307030149"]Navigateur incompatible | Facebook[/ame]

^ dunno if that will work but it's some ultra-orthodox jews giving it some rave; walking around the streets of Jerusalem I heard some proper loud dance music coming from a van - thinking it was Israeli boy racers I thought nothing of it... Until the van came into full view with huge speakers on the roof, it pulled up and scores of orthodox Jews (of all ages) poured out into the street, they then turned up the music even louder and started an illegal religious rave in the middle of Jerusalem (until the police moved them on).

Other than that; the people were amazing (both Jews and Arabs); the conflict is nothing like its portrayed over here - we see a very bigoted version of what goes on... 2 minutes before we pulled up to a plot in the old city an Arab terrorist stole a Jewish security guards gun and shot him (the IDF then ended the terrorist).

You should really go; spend time in both Israel & the disputed territories (west bank, gaza).... it's sounds daft but it's the first place I've experienced real humanity and warmth (from Paletsinians & Israelis)... Also turned me more right wing - I totally support the security fence and also now support many of the settlements.
  5. Gav Freaky Dancing

Gav Freaky Dancing Registered User

ye gods, I thought me and lulu might have successfully derailed this thread enough to end this pointless bickering:rolleyes:

sod this I'm off to build some more shelves (tis the new rave thing to do - trust me:wink: )
  6. Gav Freaky Dancing

Gav Freaky Dancing Registered User

ah - nice one Joe, the Israel Palestine conflict, best way ever devised to derail a thread:wink:

definately somewhere I intend to visit for a fair while at some point, though I'd probably be spending most of the time as an ISM volunteer supporting palestinians protesting nonviolently against the wall. Not that I necessarily think the walls a completely stupid idea in principle, just the way it seems to be being routed with lots of palesitinian villages losing fuckloads of their farmland to it etc. is bullshit IMO
  7. Yosef Ha'Kohain

Yosef Ha'Kohain Registered User

Again the "wall" is presented in an almost racist light in the west, it just isn't accurate... There was a very eloquent left wing Jewish speaker I listened to and he said something to the effect of "I look at the security fence and it hurts me, it's an eyesore, it divides, it creates great tension between us, it really troubles me to look at it cutting through the land forcefully dividing us from them... Yet every morning I wake up and thank G-d that it's there"... The reason being there has only been one successful suicide bombing since its errection and theres have been scores of attempts thwarted... It has been amazing for saving Israeli lives (both Jewish & Arabic).

There are problem spots, like the 200,000 (I'm going from memory it could be alot less) Palestinian Arabs who have found themselves on the Israeli side of the fence... they're not Israeli Arabs (who live in great prosperity compared to their neighbours and few would want to live in a Palestinian state) so they don't have the right to vote, work or even come under the security of Israeli law (despite now living in Israel).

But these are minor problems that can be ironed out (population transfers, citizenship, etc.)... The ammendments to the proposed Palestinian states borders are needed - the west bank like the golan heights towers above the flats of Israel - leaving it very vulnerable to military atttack (as has been proven in nearly every war).

Similarly the security fence is completely justified, just as America has a fence... Its only ocnrete in positions where there has been a history of sustained rocket attacks - these concrete sections account for less than 1% of the proposed fence.

If you do voluntary work in the westbank - make sure you visit and talk to Israeli's... As people are very pasionate and emotional when talking about their struggle and the only way to get a rounded understanding is through experiencing both cultures.

ps. lol good enough job at derailing - everyone will be bored shitless of this thread now... welcome back joe ;)
  8. Stephen

Stephen the reel master

I love these threads :lol:
  9. Earl Grey

Earl Grey time for tea

hugging trees , if you dont like it , fuck off , i
    i think out of the hours i have spent on the road it has cost me more than i have aquired,much more.....i even got arrested once....:eek:
  10. Earl Grey

Earl Grey time for tea

hugging trees , if you dont like it , fuck off , i

then try www.toxic.uk.com :)

ps..thats me finished on the subject perminantly,can i get on with my loft now?
  11. JIMI

JIMI Not an Administrator

either on a messenger of death or a naval base

on the other hand, did you get a nice tan?
  12. MELT

MELT Registered User

Richie, we never twisted your arm to help us, I remember you approached us between spring 05 and xmas 05

so you honestly wouldnt say that you have benefited from detox with the lineups that you have played on???

you always were thanked, you quite often got to play, you rarely if ever had to trade equipment for getting to play and as for the arrest that has nothing to do with us as well you know

as ive said about 100 times now, we keep asking if there is any beef to be had , you guys claim NO, then next time we look its all over the message boards again

just end it now

we've kinda had our eyes opened

I hope you enjoy your life

:chill:
  13. fiddla

fiddla Retired

lol that vid is to the tune of numa numa everywhere !!
  14. Lulu

Lulu Registered User

we will, richard didnt benefit in any way from playing Detox, he was always shoved in what ever space was available in the pissy back room. I dont see how that has benefited him
  15. MELT

MELT Registered User

he was never shoved in anywhere

what about the gig we got him in london, what about the gig he would have had at promise new years day if youd got a demo to me in time

shoved in the back room, oh dont make me laugh

youve kinda answered all along what a lot of people have suspected for ages:

YOU wanted him in the main room

but hey isnt this a contradiction, the main room is hard dance, so why would he be put in a room that plays something you / he so clearly hates

he got to play on ability, he never had to buy his way in, and HE was for the most part sound

so the fact he has played on lineups with glazby, whitby, tissera, organ donors , vinyl groover, marc smith etc etc et has not benefited him, really now ???

for one: it has got you into like the last 6 gigs for free

for two - if not for detox you wouldnt have met organ donors and subsequently blagged elements for free

for three - he had the unconditional use of a brand new sound system for how ever many months - a sound system that would have cost double to buy

...the back room of the castle wasnt the p*** back room, neither was the art centre

ive asked you nicely a number of times to rein it in but you just wont give it up

basically (for whatever reason) youve spent a fair whack of message board time in the last 5-6 months dissing out the lineups / the djs who play / the strategy / the events / the brown nosing punters etc etc

seriously IF YOU KNOW SO MUCH then go and do an event it really is that simple.

then I can swap places with you and take it easy

as ive said I didnt really have any beef, well not til this week

but you seem to think you can throw everything back in my face and there be no comeback, it really pains me to see how little you value "friendship', whether *it* was really that in the first place

:monkey:

none of this is upcasting, you said as much in the other thread that we dont owe you anything, but youve been canny cheeky (is probably the best way of putting it) in anumber of posts and threads

we really have no more to say to each other do we???

:confused:
  16. Phil Mitchell

Phil Mitchell check me a dollar brer?

17. MELT

MELT Registered User

am I the small guy

:)
  18. Phil Mitchell

Phil Mitchell check me a dollar brer?

for the record, shouldnt you do a gig because you enjoy it, not because you benefit from it?
  19. MELT

MELT Registered User

true

:cool:

but can you imagine what danny would have to say if you or mark j started slating his event when you indeed play for habit

I am sure he would have said the words "DO 1"long before now
  20. B.O.B.

B.O.B. Registered User

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.