iTunes Problem

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Rory Space, Jan 18, 2014.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Rory Space

Rory Space Gonny wreck yir fuckin hoose. Sweat tits

This may be a long shot, & I will try not to fucking swear much as I have since 11pm.

I'm using Windows 7, & the latest version of iTunes, & every few days for some fucking reason, iTunes keeps randomly extracting music out of my iTunes 'Media' file (in music) & dropping the music in files all over the fucking place in my windows Music section.

It's really really winding me up lol, if anyone, anyone out there knows what the hell is going on here, could you please get in touch.

Many, many thanks :D
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

In iTunes, go to "Edit>Preferences>Advanced" and untick "Keep iTunes Media Folder organised".

That should do the trick :up:
  4. Rossy

Rossy . Staff

Can't fucking stand itunes.
  5. Rory Space

Cheers mate but that box is already un ticked :( it's doing my head in like lol my music & podcasts are all over the place
  6. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

Yeah, it doesn't "undo" anything it's moved once you untick the box.

I found that out the hard way after adding all my downloaded stuff to iTunes after I installed my SSD - instead of keeping it all in the same folder (which I use to track what I've bought and when), it started dropping it all into individual folders all over the place. Fucking pain in the arse to put right.
    Rory Space likes this.
  7. Rossy

Rossy . Staff

Rory if you're on a pc then what on earth are you doing putting yourself through the pain of using itunes?!

Can't fucking stand it when my parents ask me to fix it all the time
    Rory Space likes this.
  8. Rory Space

Yeah it's a fucking nightmare man, the box has never been ticked tbh, it's ever since the latest version came out it started this. I mean it randomly extracts tracks from media that are old, stuff I've downloaded years ago then sticks them into my windows music section. Fuck it anyway lol, nothing I can do I'll just let it relocate everything & see how it goes.

Ana, but I try use Windows only for my music/podcasts/browsing mate, Mac for production etc. I think I'll be scrapping this fucking thing shortly though, if it's not iTunes taking the piss its something else :facepalm:
  9. Rossy

Rossy . Staff

Haha yeah but itunes is mac software!

My point is that there are a wide variety of media players for the pc which don't have the problems itunes do!
  10. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

It sounds like it's converting files into a iTunes friendly format. Mine did it with a load of WMA files I added.

Go VLC dude, way better :up:
    Rory Space likes this.
  11. Rossy

Rossy . Staff

Admittedly this is just me being a nerd, but I recommend foobar 2000 to anybody on windows.

It's so organised and with a bit of thought and fucking about is miles more intuitive than anything else out there.

For example you can view tunes by date & genre at the click of a button, so basically you could easily see which tunes you've bought, this year, or last year, or you can go by record label, or BPM, etc

Makes it so much easier to access your tunes when you've got thousands within various different genres.

Attached Files:

Conway likes this.
  12. Rory Space

I appreciate advice & all that but I can't ditch Tunes lads!, as much as it drives me mental lol, I'd be lost without my podcasts & I purchase all my music. I first started using iTunes back in 2005, it's these last few updates that have been absolutely diabolical with windows & mac.
  13. Rory Space

Fuckkkkkk!!! lol just when I thought the problem had been resolved I went to play a Lange podcast & it said "locate file!", so I went into the windows music folder & every & I mean every file from fucking podcasts to purchased music were all extracted from iTunes Media to my windows music file section :facepalm: I really am at a loss now. I've just had to cut & paste everything back into the fucking right folders as when moved iTunes couldn't find them! lol what a mare.
  14. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

Are you using Windows Media Player on a regular basis as well?
  15. Rory Space

Sorry for late reply pal,

I rarely use WMP, it only started doing this when iTunes updated for iOS 7 devices. Tempted to just wipe the HD & start fresh, see if that sorts it, almost all of my music is bought anyway so it shouldn't be too much of muck on
  16. MistaK

MistaK Modulations Staff

WMP :lol:

i hate itunes mind. tbh i hate apples whole authority on anything tbf.