HOW much for the Olympics?!?!

Discussion in 'News & Current Affairs' started by ManofScience, Mar 15, 2007.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. BRID

BRID Has name in red. Staff

Ive spent far too long down here - to most southerners, anything north of watford is 'the north' ;)
  2. scruf

scruf Registered User

both Birmingham and Manchester have bid for the Olympics in the last 15 years and failed... look at the list of world cities that have hosted the games and it's clear that London is the only realisitc host in the UK.. London's managed twice before to host the games, once in post war depression, I think they'll manage it again..

The commonwealth games didn't do a huge amount for regeneration in reality.. the real catalyst was the IRA bomb..

A bomb on parts of East London wouldn't go amiss..
  3. forks

forks still not dead

scruf arrested on incitement to terrorism charge:D
  4. Miller

Miller Registered User

:lol: :lol: Loving this guy!:king:
  5. scruf

scruf Registered User

Brid, ever heard of not shitting on your doorstep?

You're an overpaid government IT worker (general assumption there - not a personal one), you're in no position whatsoever to be criticising from what money is going on and what isn't - wasteful, badly planned IT programs that are either outdated before they are implemented or just lurch from one catastrophe to another when the finally go online are a far less worthy drain on the economy than the olympics.

IT contractors living in top rate hotels for no apparent reason, flying up and down the country and generally living on the government gravy train boil my piss.
  6. BRID

BRID Has name in red. Staff

I work in the private sector for an evil american corporation - So you'll have to keep these internet griefings based on facts ;)

... or a i could play along with the overpaid government it worker/contractor thing if it helps? :)
  7. scruf

scruf Registered User

Play along with - you are a walking contradiction - if you give a shit about the government wasting money on dubious causes - work for the civil service - at least then you'll be working for a dubious cause and not be sucking money out of fiscal resources.