Hard Trance

Discussion in 'Music' started by Jimmy, Jan 2, 2004.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Lee Foster

Lee Foster Dark Magician of Chaos

Flown in...

I'll be honest, it's black market Japanese Spermwhale milk.

2000 Yen a litre. The best money can buy.

:angel3:
  2. Simon L

Simon L Registered User

Re: The nerve...

Lee you are a resident at Promise aren't you...? Therefore do you not think that you should be supporting the up and coming DJ's that your boss Mr. Deakin booked to play at a Promise event!

I understand your frustration when Jambon says, "Hard trace is shit," but surely you shouldn't be shooting down young DJ's just because they voice their opinions and you don't dig the music they play!

Just think you might be a role model to some of the kids on the board, and they may aspire to be a Promise resident like you, posting catty comments about another DJ in a public forum isn't exactly professional IMO.
  3. Lee Foster

Re: Re: The nerve...

Simon, unless you have difficulty reading, you will know I am a resident at Promise. As for supporting up and coming talent, if you took the time to see past the end of your nose, you might be aware of the long hours I spent sifting through CD’s in the recent DJ competition. I think you’ll find that if you ask John Parker and Liam Ash, they will tell you how much I support local talent.

How can you claim to understand ‘my frustration’ when you do not even know me Simon? And to be fair, I have a very healthy house collection that I 'dig' thank you very much, which I have amassed over the years. I enjoy a wide spectrum of music ranging from classical, opera, rock, dance, even commercial music, as well as trance in its many forms.

Simon, you sound like you are suggesting I am not allowed an opinion, but that Jambon is? Hmmm, sounds like double standards Simon. Oh, wait a minute, aren’t you one of Jambon’s little chums? For your information, if I am perceived as a role model, then I am hardly going to be mute.

4. BRID

BRID Has name in red. Staff

In all fairness if someone makes a blast statement about an entire genre (or sub genre or WHATEVER!) of music that another person either makes a living off, or just enjoys.... then you can only expect people to react to it.
  5. Guest

I did not take a dig a Scot Project. I travelled to Hull to see him play, he's a dj who i rate highly.
  6. Broony

Broony Registered User

Hard trance is gash tho. that my veiw tho ;) :D :p
  7. Guest

Re: Re: Re: The nerve...

i really hope when im 33 im not a small time dj cruising trance message boards,

:lol: :lol: :lol:
  8. Mozza

Mozza MOZZAN8 ST4TE-PHUTURE84

Re: Re: The nerve...

:king:
  9. Lee Foster

Re: Re: Re: Re: The nerve...

Like all things in life, we start small, progressing to greater things through hard work and determination. I only hope you can understand this process but I fear your feeble mind will never grasp it. When I was younger, I completed training at Lympstone and earned the coveted Green Beret. As far as I am concerned I can achieve anything if put my mind to it.

I will console myself with being a 'small time DJ' in your eyes as I continue to produce more material and gain DJ bookings at larger clubs.

That's the difference between me and you Leon, I know where I am going and your devilishly cutting remarks just make me smile.

Scurry away and think of your next witty retort.

I love this message board, it is just like a big chess board.

Bye bye little one!

10. Guest

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The nerve...

tbh the green beret isn't as coveted as the beige beret,, so if your so determined why didn't you aim for the top as you plan to do dj'ing.

i have achieved many things in my life,, and didnt even have to join an infantry regement of the navy which requires no skill what so ever,, whats the entry reqirement? brute strength,, and no individual thought required.

peace out
  11. Lee Foster

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The nerve...

Firstly, that opening comment is a direct insult. I completed commando training, moved to a unit, finished various courses and applied for a place on the SB selection course. Then I sadly damaged my right knee in a freak accident. I was medically discharged after 3 and a half years of service.

No skill what so ever eh Leon? That just shows your complete ignorance to the Royal Marines, which has always been termed the thinking mans infantry. Your mental stamina is probably as pathetic as your intellect.

I'm sure the board members who serve for this country will be angered at your lack of respect for their commitment.

You have made achievements? I’d be thrilled to learn about them Leon. But I find message boards so impersonal, don’t you?

Why don’t you stop me on Friday and tell me about these ‘achievements’ face to face?

12. Mr. Revel

Mr. Revel Registered User

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The nerve...

Leon is an aerospace engineer, I wouldnt go near any fighter aircraft Lee, cos he makes them! :p
  13. blur

blur Registered User

what exactly is the point of this argument?

Its going nowhere :eek:
  14. Mr. Revel

Mr. Revel Registered User

like Jambons set.... ;)
  15. Lee Foster

Funtime...

It's one of those ones where board members don't like the fact that I say what I like. I have an opinion and if you don't like it, I'm sorry, but I'm not going to loose any sleep over it.

16. Lee Foster

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The nerve...

Fair play; I have a few friends who work for BA as aerospace engineers. I'd still wager his mental stamina is pathetic though.

Maybe well find out one day eh Leon?

:D ;)
  17. blur

blur Registered User

People are entitled to opinions. Its just one of those things you just have to live with I guess. :rolleyes:
  18. Lee Foster

Sense...

Exactly.

19. blur

blur Registered User

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The nerve...

ouch. I'm doing engineering at uni and that's some hard shizzle :eek:
  20. Lee Foster

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The nerve...

I've just finished my HND in Music Production and Sound Engineering. This is my year or 2 out before I top up to my BA Hons in Sound Engineering.

Stick in.