Grand Theft Auto IV

Discussion in 'Technology' started by spud693, Apr 23, 2008.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Adam

Adam

Does anyone find the PS3 one a bit jumpy / stuttery?

I'm not sure if i just need to rebuild the HDD or something as it seems to be when it's loading (most of the time), the framerate slows a bit.

Doesn't make it unplayable or anyhing but is a bit of a pain when there's a few cars etc on the screen at one time...
  2. LeeTheMackem

LeeTheMackem Lets Cacky Tash Him

Mines sound so far, not played it online yet though
  3. Adam

Adam

hmm, will do a full restore today while i'm at work and see if that sorts it then. having better luck than my mate whose keeps crashing before he can complete the first mission!!!!
  4. kidd

kidd Techno_walruz

1st day back at work since buying this and im getting withdrawal already..:lol: :oops:

Im well impressed with it, driving is a lot harder to control on this one but makes it a bit more realistic when you cant just fly round at top speed all the time.

so is it just the PS3 version thats not working on some peoples machines or has any one had a problem on the 360? My 360 version hasnt had any problems yet, touch wood, just cant wait to get home again. :lol:
  5. robby_41

robby_41 Shearer!

My 360 version is spot on too, no problems at all. That extras money microsoft faulked out must have actually been used on something.
  6. trance_fan

trance_fan Registered User

anybody know when this is out on PC?
  7. fiddla

fiddla Retired

according to the forums between 6 to 12 months from the console release.
  8. M.C.E

M.C.E 1981-2013

It's amazing this. I played it all day yesterday!

Got stuck on the mission where you have to go and kill the main Gangster at some nightclub, so went to bed :eek:

The driving is much better how it is now i think. Especially with the bonnet only driving view.

I've been either driving the Aston Martin or flying the Helicopter to the missions :lol: :lol:
  9. LeeTheMackem

Its for the extra content which is going to be 360 exclusive
  10. Lee

Lee original gowans artwork

just bought this slut from asda.... got ID'd haha
  11. Dan

Dan Registered User

I went and got a copy on wednesday - so far i like it but its hard to judge it completely just yet.
  12. dobbs

dobbs Registered User

Where is this available??

Yesterday after work I went to the Metrocentre and tried HMV, Game, Gamestation, Zavvi, Argos, Grainger Games - all out! :(

Have been checking in my local Asdas/Tescos/Morrisons....and been to PC World at Kingston Park..no luck!

I want to play it but I just can't find it....too late for shops in town now but does anyone know if it's available at any Tescos/Asdas around - near Longbenton area...but will travel further to get it! :D

Oh yeah and want the Xbox version - found the PS3 version yesterday grrrr :mad:
  13. Jimmy

Jimmy Registered User

Try Blockbuster games at Westerhope next to McDonalds and Whicks mate.
    My mate got it from there today he reckons.
  14. dobbs

dobbs Registered User

Cheers - but have already found it at the Tescos down off the Coast Road past Silverlink. The checkout woman was like "What's with this game? Eeeee I tell you I've sold loads of them today!" :lol:

Playing it now, but realise that I need a new controller as this one has been used FAR too much and I can't get Niko to just stand still, he'll walk around in circles when I'm not touching the pad :rolleyes:

But it'll do for tonight, then will pop down to Tescos tomorrow to buy a new one :)
  15. Carson

Carson Registered User

Proper missing this game like since got rid of the consoles. Nearlly bought another 360 just for this but just gonna get another PS3 in a bit, never again with ze xbox loike :mad: In the meantime, just have to keep going to my 8 year old nephews to play on it :lol:
  16. Adam

Adam

Found out how to sort it - changed the ps3 so that it only displays in 1080p mode and runs a lot smoother. you'd expect it to maybe make it worse as it's upscaling from 640p to 1080p but everything looks and runs a lot better
  17. dobbs

dobbs Registered User

I spent a good half an hour just watching the TV in the apartment! :lol: Republican Space Rangers is a class programme!!

Enjoying it so far but still haven't got the hang of the control - really used to the old PS2 style of driving, so the triggers on the Xbox360 are pretty confusing. Am sure I'll get used to it eventually...
  18. Carson

Carson Registered User

Had a quick go on it yesterday, it is so different to all the previous ones especially the driving, so hard at first.

On another note - played on FIFA 08 for PS3 yesterday & it pisses all over Pro Evo in my opinion. Never even considered getting it as I've been hooked on Pro Evo for years but it will become my No.1 footy game when I get another PS3.
  19. G.H.

G.H. newcastlebeats.com

Started playing about midnight last night and think I finally stopped at about 6... it is as good as I thought it would be.

Didn't really think that the controls were that much different to be honest... haven't played the others for a long time though.
  20. LeeTheMackem

fifa looks alot better these days but I still dont think it plays better