Freebie Mixes for all :)

Discussion in 'DJ Mixes' started by STATIC, Jan 2, 2007.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. fiddla

fiddla Retired

I think u missed one off there m8 , Smigs who has one of the biggest and loyalist following of any local dj !!!
  2. Phil Mitchell

Phil Mitchell check me a dollar brer?

:lol: :lol: big bro steps in

Im not having a go at him in the slightest....
  3. MELT

MELT Registered User

without wanting to offend one of the most impressive and loyal local djs who has played for us

he is not yet a jedi master

lord fidla

:wink:

ps: why mention his name, so then all the other nights will want him to play for them , that would be shear folly

:wink:
  4. MELT

MELT Registered User

i think the board needs miltant melt back

the councils loss would be the boards gain

:wink: :lol: :evil:

all this towing the line is frustrating
  5. chris l

chris l Jack!

6. airrecords

airrecords

hah melt your on a rant again..:lol:

sadly i wish the closure of air records was down to low sales, as it would have made decision to close the city shop alot easier! unfortunatly it was more to do with the fact with the longitivity of simply selling records out of a shop with increasing overheads weighed up with the commitment that was needed to carry on with the lease. record sales in general were good and i do believe mr mitchell was one of the last people to buy records out of shop:wink:

any form of illegal downloading of music is shit where there's no contribution toward royalties ... end of.there really isnt an argument.
  7. STATIC

STATIC Registered User

As you probably misread my post (which you might have done), the point I was referring to (and trying to make) was the fact that if you have shite in the first place then saving a file at 128 or 320 Kbps makes no god damn difference at all. You need to have a good "original" to start with - referring to something that is a non-mp3 file - hopefully a "clean" sound.

When I record my mixes in the house, I feed the output straight from the mixer into the soundcard I have (http://www.rme-audio.de/english/hdsp/hdsp9632.htm) - A Hammerfall card which produces outstanding results for all my sound work.

There's no middle stage involved at all. I've read numerous times about people on here recording audio to CD's, Mp3 Recorders, or whatver then ripping or copying the audio down to their PC and all sorts of other convoluted approaches. Of course this is always going to add "noise" to the end product.

My point being that when I capture the audio as a normal Wav file, to the normal person, saving the audio down at 128kbps, 160kbps, 192kbps or whatever - there's no difference when played back with a decent sound card and monitoring setup.

If you're saving an MP3 file then what encoder is your system using to produce the file? 99% of people won't have a clue! Probably the standard encoder bundled with your sound packages or built into your O/S.

Have you also got a shitty soundcard? The answer is probably yes aswell. Soundmax, creative, intel, the Soundblaster series that are all supposed to be true 192Khz compatible (but actually aren't) or some other on-board rubbish, the list is endless.

If you've bought a PC and haven't forked out the extra (i'm talking £300 plus) for a proper studio soundcard then chances are your soundcard is a big pile of arse which is part of the motherboard and will produce acceptable results.

To put it another way, It's like a spotty charv who buy's a shitty old 1.2 vauxhall nova with go-faster stripes, big wheels, big exhaust and a huge soundsystem then expects it to do 120mph...If the heart of the setup (i.e the engine) is crap then what's the point??
  8. Phil Mitchell

Phil Mitchell check me a dollar brer?

calm down you geek :wink:

I get your point about there not being any point in resaving a 128 mp3 as a 320 but can you actually buy 128 mp3's anywhere?

The only people who need to worry about that crack is the pikeys :wink:
  9. STATIC

STATIC Registered User

LMAO! Pikeys! Ha Ha - Nice one Phil - I do get quite geeky :rolleyes: can't help it sometimes. Anyways back to the original post of this thread which was for people to enjoy some free mixes! I'll be posting some more up on the site and getting my arse in gear to get the rest of our site updated too.
  10. MELT

MELT Registered User

and building the 6th birthday death star

:wink: :wink: :wink:

static , i am off to bejing so you need to deal with the agents
    maaaan