E-mail on blackberry

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Leon, Jul 1, 2010.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Leon

Leon Non Board Moderator

E-mail on blackberry

I have had my windows live email account setup on BB for ages, and when I want to delete on Handheld and also online it has worked fine.

I lost my BB and they sent me a brand new one through insurance, I setup my email as normal on the BB, it is now saying I have configure my email account online to ''Leave messages on the server'' to allow me to delete an email online from the BB

Ive never had to do this before, I looked all over the internet and all they say is ; go to tools - advanced - properties and change to leave on server - the thing is there is no tools option in windows live accounts, if there is i have spent an hour looking for it i am being extemely thick

HELP PLEASE !!!!
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. Gary Proud

Gary Proud Registered User

Id just suggest re-adding your email account again mate. I had the very same problem when I had my BB replaced. I just set up both my email addresses from scratch, added the passwords & they sync'd up as normal with no problems, only problem being with the BB's is that they only store emails from that day onwards, they don't pull all the existing mails you currently have on your PC/Laptop.

If that doesn't work try plugging it into the PC/laptop you originally set you BB up on & restoring the last back up saved, hopefully that should boot up all your old settings on the phone.

If neither work, im out of ideas!
  4. always

always Registered User

Check the mail protocol you're using -

POP3 email = download and delete emails from server.
    IMAP email = download a copy to your client leaving 1 on the server.
  5. Leon

Leon Non Board Moderator

And where do I check these options, dumbies guide please
  6. Leon

Leon Non Board Moderator

I'll also give this a blast, never had any problems with BB before