does Israel have 'a right to exist"?

Discussion in 'News & Current Affairs' started by forks, Jul 24, 2006.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. psycaholic

psycaholic Registered User

whats to aspire to lets be honest mate i dont need to know the answer simply because it would make no odd's to me what so ever im not the sort of person to sit there racking my brains out on somthing that :
    a, creates more questions than answers

b, will prob never be proven in mine or my familys lifetime

c, am not really that arsed about

d, still wont change the fact i still dont own a pair of CDJ's :lol:
  2. wallyjumblat

wallyjumblat Registered User

agreed it is human nature . Its the same reason we explore and experiment we have an inbuilt need to justify our creation by gaining more knowledge . maybe god made us that way so we would continually evolve and gain more and more understanding until one day we could see the big picture . Or maybe were just curious as we get bored with the same auld shit :wink: :D
  3. ManofScience

ManofScience Guest

religion doesn't promote this idea though... it's all very inward looking & self contained, rejecting others.

except maybe buddism, but thats not a religion though really...
  4. Yosef Ha'Kohain

Yosef Ha'Kohain Registered User

The odds of this universe being chance are too vast for me to comprehend, I am with Hawking and the rest of the theorists that believe the universe is not chance... If you sat enough monkeys in front of type writer eventually one of them would type out a shakespearian sonnet, now just one of the knife edges that the universe/laws of nature rests upon is equivalent to this literate monkey.... For the universe to of come into existence we need hundreds of monkeys typing out word perfect sonnets.... This is too big a chance for it to be a reality.

How did life know to reproduce?
    Why did the big bang go to plan?
    How did light beams turn into humans?

It’s all too much for me to account to chance, I believe that life was created to evolve and I'm arrogant enough to believe that man is the peak of this evolutionary experience.... Although I believe humans have not hit their evolutionary peak.

We are surrounded by the energised light beams that created the universe, they are everything and everything is them - we were all around at the beginning of time (which ties in with the belief of a human soul) and all of this theory/science ties in perfectly with the Jewish religion.

So I align myself with the Judaic values, the purpose of this life is to live - but I don't believe death to be the end - just the start of another cycle.
  5. Yosef Ha'Kohain

what is the big bang if it is not a starting point?

was it not you who was telling me the big bang proved the bible to be incorrect?
  6. psycaholic

but wouldn't living your life to be the best person you can to your fellow man and live life to the full be a goodenough reason though, no one really know how or why! all we have is some boffins tellin us we come from tadpole's a bunch of crazed preist tellin us every thing is a sin mad mullah's trying to blow a hole in freedom just cos as a child i read a diffrent holy book to them in junior school. end of the day mate i'll concentrate on what matters to me my religion is my kids and whats best for them my reson for being is to make sure they are safe and well and brought up to be decent human being's and give somthing back to the world they live in, i know my idealology might differ from your's just cos my message isnt in hebrew it's still the same thing be the best person you can, my hevenly reward will be to see my children grow and flurish in the the best people they can be, not to sound big headed dude if a lot more people in this worl thought like me it would be a much nicer place to live
  7. Yosef Ha'Kohain

what happens when the universe stops expanding? does time stand still? If time stands still how can it end - surely it would just hang for eternity?

If this is the case the fact that our universe came into existence is nothing short of a miracle... You're more likely to win the lottery 900 years on the trot than the universe coming into existence one time by chance (and considering humans tend to live around 70 years you can understand how inprobable this is).
  8. ManofScience

ManofScience Guest

if someone asks 'whats the meaning of life' - i always give this as an answer - from a spiritual view, definately.

From a physilogical view - it's to reproduce.

humans haven't reached their peak yet, however i do believe we are the highest on the evolutionary scale ON THIS PLANET at this point in time
  9. psycaholic

personally i cant prove or disprove anything i just said indirectly that thing didn't add up , plus when you asked about starting point i thought you ment as of this moment you know like whats at the end of space, not how it all started
  10. ManofScience

ManofScience Guest

why is it chance? it COULD have turned out a infinite number of other ways - this just happens to be the one we live in - and now search for some higher reason for us being here!

the simplest reason is often the correct one ;)

HERE ENDETH THE LESSON :king:
  11. wallyjumblat

like i said mate id go along with the thoery of a higher power but religion imo just gets in the way . To me its simply a tool used by the manipulative to justify things they otherwise can not .

Is the universe simply a snow globe on a giants desk ? do we all have alternate realitys possibly . My whole philosophy is simple . there is something else other than this lifetime , perhaps when the time comes i will then learn the meaning of my exsistance but until then i fully intend to enjoy the ride and wont be swayed by others variations on events simply because all of the people who have wrote bibles , torahs , kurans etc could simply have been a bucnh of guys on an ancient chat board theorising and hypothising about creation , the universe and a higher power much like our good selves have been :D
  12. psycaholic

KEYWORD again improbable not impossible can you not accept the fact that yes allthough the odd's are sooooo massive it did happen , is that why it HAD to be a higher being ! so what! it was a fluke it dont really matter as long as we benifitted who car's
  13. Yosef Ha'Kohain

But society determines what being the best is, in ancient greece it was considered a noble act for an adult male to tutor and shag young boys...

Judaism and the religions it spawned provide man with a moral conscience - when you remove religion you remove this conscience as it is left to govern itself.
  14. psycaholic

:lol: as i said a 2000 year old game of chinese whispers
  15. psycaholic

no mate your wrong I determin what's best for me who's not to say if i was born back then i wouldnt say OI NUMB NUTS THATS JUST WRONG as you should know fom my unpopularity on this board i aint no sheep mate i have my own thought my own values and my own conscience mate , i will listen to other theory's and thought's then it my desission to agree or disagree with what is presented to me a lot of what you have said has made sense far fetch and somtime paranoid IMO but thats you and your thoughts and you have that right
  16. Yosef Ha'Kohain

Of course its chance….

Light beams turn into protons, neutrons and electrons
    they in turn turn into atoms
    the atoms in turn into light elements
    the light elements turn into stars
    which collapse and turn into heavy elements
    the heavy elements provide the building blocks of the universe

The odds of just one of these things happening are incomprehendable (and we haven't touched on life yet). Perhaps a quote will help:

"A beryllium isotope having the minuscule half life of 0.0000000000000001 seconds must find and absorb a helium nucleus in that split of time before decaying. This occurs only because of a totally unexpected, exquisitely precise, energy match between the two nuclei. If this did not occur there would be none of the heavier elements. No carbon, no nitrogen, no life. Our universe would be composed of hydrogen and helium.

One constant does seem to require an incredible fine-tuning -- The existence of life of any kind seems to require a cancellation between different contributions to the vacuum energy, accurate to about 120 decimal places.

This means that if the energies of the Big Bang were, in arbitrary units, not:

100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000,

but instead:
    100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000001,

The universe either would go through a complete cycle of expansion and contraction before life could arise, or would expand so rapidly that no galaxies or stars could form."- Professor Steven Weinberg

From the above we can glimpse at how insane it is to suggest the universe is a one off fluke (many scientific journals suggest that as our universe can support life there are many parallel universes which can't).
  17. Yosef Ha'Kohain

and as I told you - in 2000 years the Torah hasn't changed.
  18. Yosef Ha'Kohain

we're all sheep you plonker... When you're born you're not born with knowledge - you acquire it and it is through this acquisition that we develop our moral conscience...Most of us are born with a conscience - just as we are born with the ability to talk... But we need to be shown how to use both.

You have inherrited your moral backbone from society... If you lived in ancient Greece you'd of inherrited your moral backbone from an ancient society that we now deem immoral.
  19. wallyjumblat

was still written by bloke , who whatever you say could have been any tramp from the street with a bright idea . so this torah is simply inadmissable as evidence .

go back to the big bang craic thats much more intersting :p
  20. Yosef Ha'Kohain

I was merely disproving his chinese whispers theory.