Direction

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DAVEYRUTHERS, Nov 12, 2001.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. DAVEYRUTHERS

DAVEYRUTHERS

Direction

Is the club going to continue to book prog DJ's such as Papa,Chris Fortier and Saheed & Palesh or is the club going to be taking a more upfront trance sort of approach. I personally think the club should be taking the prog route and continue to book DJ's like the afforementioned.
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. G.H.

G.H. newcastlebeats.com

I totally agree with you. I'm much more into the Progressive stuff but I don't think it'll go the way we want.

We can't deny that on the whole the progressive dj's attract smaller crowds to what the trancier ones do. Therefore I reckon Promise will have to go with the Trance.

This months line up is pretty good though, Pappa's always mint and I was disappointed that I missed last Friday too.

Next month looks pretty even too, Nick Warren and Parks and WIlson, then Seb Fontaine who I reckon's kind of in the middle and then PVD.
  4. Magpie

Magpie Registered User

Sorry to disagree mate but I think you will find that Promise is getting back to the more Trancier side of things!!! Thank god!!! When it did take the Prog direction I think you could say the club was going downhill!!! There was hardly any atmosphere and it was half empty week in week out!!! Now that the likes of Scott Bond, 'OO' Fleming, Picotto, Ornadel, JFK, John Kelly etc have been on the club has picked up again and the atmosphere is most defintely back!!! Dont get me wrong i like Prog (all my mates play it) but it isnt right for a northern club. Its ok for warmin up but not for a main set!!!
  5. Simon Stuart

Simon Stuart Registered User

Personally, I think the mixture is better - it's good to experiment and try different things
  6. Yosef Ha'Kohain

Yosef Ha'Kohain Registered User

I'm putting my money on this week for the direction of promise

starting off proggie and finsshing trance.

Proggie is nice but 6 hours of it? fook that _ I like the mixture of going through from proggie to euphoric to mind numbingly hard shit :D

Lets see how friday goes :D
  7. DAVEYRUTHERS

DAVEYRUTHERS

I agree that its busier for the more upfront Trance DJ's but hopefully it can continue on like this month with a mix of both and giv the prog followers sumit 2 luk fwd to,it was a fucking top night on Fri just gone and should be at Papa 2!!!:D
  8. Ché

Ché Registered User

Prog can b good but like alot of peeps r saying since Promise has gone back 2 booking trance DJ's the atmosphere has been amazing, like it used 2 b.

The prog that richie plays now is really hard and driving prog and is great 4 warming up!
  9. cyberted

cyberted Registered User

working @ the blue corner drop in and say hello!
    LOOK even if the clubs direction continues trancy and gradually progress into harder u will always have richard building upthe nite from mind numbingly boring prog to a step up really driving prog which gives the nite the prog element!!

:)
  10. sloppy

sloppy Registered User

Is it just me or is Promise just a likkle version of Crasher...same sorta thing happened there with goin prog and low attendance n stuff...god the place was awful...but now (like promise) its all ded good!!
  11. Yosef Ha'Kohain

Yosef Ha'Kohain Registered User

It is a mini crasher - it has the same feel, same resident, but there aint nuffin wrong with that

and the great thing about promsie is

u divitn get arrogant cyberkids!!!

I used to love crasher, was me bestest club - but now I divint like ti at all - too arrogant, if I go down in cyber every1 wants to be my friend... if I go down in plain clothes (or undercover :D) people who usually talk to me blank me... the arrogant cyberkids are killing crasher :(

Where as at promise I can go down in full cyber and every1 wants to be my friend or I can go down in normal clothes an every1 still wants to be my friend :D

oh yeah and a spooky fact:

crasher capacity

promise capacity

hrrrrmmmmm crasher seems so massive in comparrison