digital

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JIMI, Feb 23, 2008.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. graham

graham Registered User

Agreed, ive been on various visits to Turnmills, Fabric as well as drinking round that area and never seen any trouble, or anyone trying to cause any.
  2. Alun

Alun bouncy bouncy

i always felt safer in london to be honsest, i lived there for 2 years and the only time i ever really saw any trouble was at a couple of boozers down in wapping.... oh and outside the tube on tottenham court road... the club (dunno if its still there??) not the station.. but that was what seemed like a bit of a gang fight.. we walked out of the tube and right into 30 or 40 blokes on either side giving each other shit... and once in the dogstar in brixton, and the one time i went to home not long after it opened.. so maybe a lil bit of trouble... but nowt like whitley bay on a saturday night..:p

but when your in a club... i don't (and this is probably just personal..) judge a chaver by the clothes or ''uniform'' they wear... but by they way they behave... maybe its just me... but i've been to indie nights up at the uni.. and r&b and hip hop nights over here and you get dickheads acting like dickheads here, there and everywhere.... for me.. i don't define a charva not so much for the clothes he/she wears.... more so for the behaviour they display... therefore... chavs.. charvas.. pikeys.... they're world wide.. in my opinion anyways. :)
  3. Phil Mitchell

Phil Mitchell check me a dollar brer?

Theres any amount of divs in London, they dont frequent the dance clubs because theyre all into 'garridge' and 'err an bee'.

Plus if you havent see any divs in London then head to Walworth Road or Brixton highstreet on a Friday night
  4. Phil Mitchell

You're more likely to get a hiding in Newcastle but more likely to get knifed in London
  5. BRID

BRID Has name in red. Staff

Brixton high street is the closest ive ever been to anything bordering on anything with a bit of 'tension' ...

.... but i dont dare venture any further than the front porch of the dorchester these days, before summoning my driver.

What i think london doesnt have, in direct comparisson of 'scenes' (in the big club sense of the word) is the mix of clubbers and 'chav' non clubber types ..... which is not to say i prefer london at all, since i do most of my clubbing OUTSIDE the place these days.
  6. Alun

Alun bouncy bouncy

lmfao :lol: :lol: :lol:
  7. Phil Mitchell

You're usually just a face in the crowd in London so I think people are a bit more wary of starting any kind of rucks because you usually dont know what are dealing with whereas in Newcastle its pretty easy to suss out the situation because most of the peoplea are locals.
  8. Alun

Alun bouncy bouncy

should try earls court road on a friday night mate, when the aussie's and south africans are fully beered up after leaving the late late club that you can only get to by going through a kebab shop!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
  9. stu

stu Registered User

I'd imagine you're average cockney charver isn't gonna ahve the money to travel across the city/buy a drink before they even think about paying to get into the clubs*

*unless N-Dubz are on:lol:

regarding the rest of the thread, proper bad news for the girl involved I hope she gets well soon, but i've been going to shindig (dunno about the rest of the digital nights, if you inisist on liking hard house/trance you're gonna get charvers :wink: i'm joking ok?) for about 12 years and seen about 2 fights in total in all that time, I've seen more than 2 fights in one night in most other clubs in the toon,

all I can suggest is if you see/get into any trouble tell the doorstaff they'll sort it,

I emphasise the see part aswell don't just turn a blind eye if it's not happening to you/your mates, if you see somebody causing people grief in the club just mention it to a bouncer say summik like "I dunno what's going on/it's nothing to do with me but there looks like trouble over there" and they'll go check it out, don't try and sort it yourself, leave it to the bouncers this is one positive thing anyone can do to sort this problem out if you really feel strongly about it rather than discussing it for 17 pages on the net:wink:

edit: just saw this

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/skynews/20080304/tuk-violence-rises-but-24hr-drinking-to-45dbed5.html
  10. Rossy

Rossy . Staff

I've seen plenty of dodgy characters in London, just not in the clubs.

I've been to:
    The End
    Ministy Of Sound
    a car park
    and glade

I think I've saw about one charver when clubbing in Manchester. There were hundreds at The Arches.
  11. Dan

Dan Registered User

My dad lives in London so ive been going clubbing there for years. The only dodgy thing that has ever happened was when a big black bloke threatened to cut my mates' tongue off in Heaven because he tried to haggle him down in price for 2 pills. Ive come across some awkward situations on my travels and you could see this bloke wouldnt have been scared to do something like that. Had we not been in the club we would have been in big trouble. But going to clubs like The End and Fabric is excellent - most of the crowd are really nice people that would probably never cause any bother.

Whenever your up here though you always hear about or see some fucking clown thinking hes Mike Tyson.
  12. james909

james909 Registered User

Its quite funny that at all the Gabber/Breakcore and underground harder techno nights in town there is never any trouble and its much more aggressive music.

To me that says alot more about dedicated music crowds i have traveled all over the world to events playing this kind of stuff and hardly seen any trouble.

Saying that i think the same music in london has a very different nature to it.

I have heard about swords knifes and loads of crackheads robbing people at london free partys still hoping to take the rig to one by the end of the year now they have started to hire sercurity at squat partys down there.
  13. Ferox

Ferox Shamanic Tea

There are versions of charvers everywhere. There are loads here. Thankfully they all think they are Eminem and similar American rap shite (even though they all say they hate america and americans) so don't venture in to 'dance' nightclubs
  14. Alun

Alun bouncy bouncy

where abouts in aus are you mate??
  15. james909

james909 Registered User

Do they still think dance music is for 'fags'

Toe cutter is coming back over in april.

All the aussie hardcore and techno dj's and producers that have played for us have been totaly sound but they say its seen as more of a punk thing over there.
  16. Ferox

Ferox Shamanic Tea

I'm in Brisbane. Yep, dance music is seen as fag music. The gay clubs play hardstyle (which they call uk hard trance for some reason), dutch hardcore and the like. Hardcore is actually quite big over here (as in Dutch hardcore, Neophyte etc), but its seen as a 'raver' thing for 16 year old kids. They dress up in cyber for it etc. Aye James, seen that Toecutter is back over there soon. Hopefully I'll be back for it. The most 'underground' dance music I've found here is breaks and drum and bass. You've got some great acts like kunt (see video below), toxic lipstick, scott sinclair, monster zuku from the Brisbane area, but they all venture into europe, and I believe the lasses from kunt are based in japan and glasgow. You have the odd noise night here (audio pollen), but its very very pretentious and usually in someones garden. Students dressed up in red suits with hitler mustaches sat round singing about "Have a cup of tea, keep it in the family" etc

Kunt
  17. Alun

Alun bouncy bouncy

my old flat mate when i lived in london was from adelaide... he said london was sweet coz adelaide was so rough?!?!?!? and full of nutbars... his words not mine..... you been there?? whats it like??
  18. MistaK

MistaK Modulations Staff

bloody hell, them aussies! :lol:

cowied marching music is the new black unfortunately for most people :(
  19. james909

james909 Registered User

Kunt have played for us twice nice girls even had a go on the karoke downstairs at the blackett arms.

Aye hardcore/speedcore and the likes are seen as quite arty over there where here to a certain extent its still seen as charver music even though its been not like that for years and we are getting a more free party/arty crowd as well the oldschool gabber heads these days.

Otto was really good when he played the star and shadow for us.

Let us know when your back over to say hello.
  20. Ferox

Ferox Shamanic Tea

I haven't been to Adelaide, but a lad I work with is from there and he has just drove back with his new car - 28 hour journey so he took a shit load of meth and smuggled 2 kilos of weed back in his spare tyre. Adelaide is actually supposed to be quite ok, a lot of old hippies live there. Went to Perth, boring place really. Sydney was class, and Melbourne is the place to be for music, they pride themselves on being 'European'. Great place