Digital Society Album Tour Launch - 13th March 2009

Discussion in 'Going Out' started by Elektro_Tek, Feb 11, 2009.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Elektro_Tek

Elektro_Tek Registered User

Digital Society Album Tour Launch - 13th March 2009

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I should be getting some tickets to sell up this way for this... Once I get them, give me a shout if you need one. I'll keep you posted. :up:

Should hopefully have them at Neuroscience on Feb 28th.
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. Carson

Carson Registered User

Well in bud, defo getting to this one. That flyer is fucking mint :love:
  4. adam.

adam. kthxbi

well in ché :up:

and yes them flyers are fucking lethal, they always are
  5. Aaron!

Aaron! Coming soon...

Gonna try save some pennies after TE for this like.
  6. Carson

Carson Registered User

Just shows how well DS are doing with releasing an album & starting the record label.
  7. Alex Hemmings

Alex Hemmings

My thoughts exactly, very well run brand.

Cant decide between this and Passion the night after. DS's lineup is superior but I've never been to Passion.
  8. Lamb

Lamb Registered User

Passion is alright, there was loads of dick heads like, and its in the middle of nowhere. Our coach got lost on the way down.
  9. carefull

carefull

Re: Digital Society Album Tour Launch - 13th March 2009

ill have one off ya mate
  10. Stuy

Stuy Trance 24-7

I have to get to this... didnt even realise Activa was playing aswell.
  11. Elektro_Tek

Right...

I've been send some tickets for this - I'll have them with me this Saturday at Neuroscience.

Unfortunately they are standard tickets, not early bird tickets. Tickets are £15.00. However, there will be no booking fee. I have around 17 left.

If you're not at Neuroscience and want me to keep you one, let me know ASAP and I'll put it aside. We can arrange a meetup at a later date or something.

Ché
  12. digital society

digital society

thanks all for your kind words and continued support!!

who's in then friday 13th march?

going to be a great album launch party!
  13. digital society

digital society

14. Alex Hemmings

Alex Hemmings

Decided on this over Passion now, the lineup was too good to turn down. The 2nd birthday was my first DS and im hooked now!
  15. digital society

digital society

Thanks Alex!

Going to be one hell of an event.

The birthday was very special!
  16. digital society

digital society

17. Elektro_Tek

18. KANEDIT

KANEDIT DS Towers

19. MistaK

MistaK Modulations Staff

is anyone going to this? i've got the WHOLE weekend off so i might venture down to bost my DS cherry :D
  20. KANEDIT

KANEDIT DS Towers

see ya down the front MistaK
  21. digital society

digital society

Digital Society Interviews Matt Hardwick before our album Launch party fri 13th March

Hi Matt hope things are good?

Hello mate, all good thanks.

The new year is in full swing, how was 2008 for you?

It was a bit of a strange year for me really. It was a year in which everything changed for me as a DJ. Whereas 2007 saw me playing perhaps six out of eight gigs a month in the UK, 2008 saw a complete reversal. I am now lucky if I am in the UK one weekend out of every month. Its amazing to see all of the wonderful places across the globe but nothing will ever touch the UK club scene from my persepective. It was also a year in which I stepped out of the “total DJ mode” to look more into production and of course the label. In short, things changed!

How has the beginning of 2009 been for you?

I thought that there would be a lot more nervousness around, what with the economic situation etc. However, things seem to be really carrying on the same. I took most of January off but the gigs so far have been top notch. I started the year by playing a beach party in Bali to 6000 people, that was awesome!

Since your first appearance at the DS helm last year at our 1st bday, what makes Digital Society a special place to play?

Since I left Gatecrasher in 2004, I have missed that feeling of playing on my home turf. You know, that feeling that the crowd are on your side and they will go with what you play because they trust you. Well, I think that I have that at DS and that makes the place really special from my perspective.

You are about to release a compilation album with our resident Kane Nelson. What made you decide to get involved with this venture?

I love Kane, he is a top guy and we have had a laugh putting the mix together and scrapping over tracks. Aside from the fact that DS is the best club in the UK at the moment, I love the fact that the guys behind the brand have fresh ideas and are always trying to push the envelope. They also book DJs who are in it for the music. They think about the line ups and are really on the cutting edge of the scene. Their enthusiasm for what they are doing is infectious and I just wanted to be more involved.

Your new label "Kill The Lights"....how is this going for you and what new material have you got set for release?

It’s going amazingly well. The last two releases were tune of the month in DJ Mag and the manner in which the label has been received has blown me away. We have 5 or 6 singles in the bag and awaiting release. I have just finished the follow up to Supernal and it’s called “I am DJ”. It's a rather proggy affair and is working fantastically on the floor. Ben Gold will be on remix duties. He is someone to watch this year, he is working on a single for us that we feel could cross over and be massive.

With the album launch party only weeks away kicking off the tour @ MyHouse in Leeds. Your playing an exclusive back2back showcase with Kane. Have you anymore tour dates in the pipeline and if so, where?

I think that we have decided to do the last part of my set and the first part of his back to back. I think that it's a great idea! He can go to the bar while I do the work and visa versa!! I think that the plan is to get on the road in the next couple of months showcasing the album but we are still in the planning stages at the moment.

What are you ambitions for the rest of the year?

I think that taking the label to the next level is a real goal. I am planning to get more involved with Radio 1 with the possibility of co-hosting one of their existing shows on a one off basis towards the end of the summer. I am also aiming to get three new singles under my belt before the end of 2009. Aside from the DS compilation, there will be another two Gatecrasher compilations before the end of the year. Other than that, its full steam ahead on the gig front.

Thanks mate for your time and we will see you on the 13th March.

I’ll look forward to it.

remember if you havent purchased your tickets for fridays event then you can still grab them here :

http://www.ticketweb.co.uk/user?query=search&region=xxx&category=misc&search=digital+society

http://www.matthardwick.com
    http://www.digitalsociety.co.uk
    http://www.ticketweb.co.uk