did anyone on here get a xbox 360?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Congay, Dec 6, 2005.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Alexander

Alexander Registered User

yeah but how did you know how many pre orders to take seeing as you were only told in november how many you were getting, microsoft should have told shops as soon as preorders were available. Thats why its there fault.
  2. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

Maybe because we had an agreement with Microsoft to fulfil all of our original consignment of pre-orders? That way we could take as many as we wanted and they would meet the original demand, it was a similar arrangement with the PSP...

You don't have a clue how retail works do you :lol:
  3. Alexander

yeah exactly they messed up big time, it should have been allocated right from the start.

:dunce: :dunce: :dunce: exactly they should have had that agreement with all retailers, so microsoft messed up.

If microsoft had told each shop exactly how many they were getting as soon as they relased the price of the unit there wouldn't have been any un happy customers therefore microsoft have be very unorganised.
  4. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

As I've said in my last three posts Microsoft did tell every shop how many they would be getting, we've known for over a month how many they were shipping us for release... And thats across our entire chain, not just the one store.

I have mates who work in Game and Tesco and they both tell me they were given their pre-allocation at roughly the same time.

The Retailer not Microsoft decides how to sell its stock, and there has been marked differences in how this has been done, from us (who have sold pre-orders first) to play (who have sold both) to Tesco (who have refused to take reservations and have sold to anyone who walked through the door).

And the Retailer negotiates the supply agreement with Microsoft or whoever supplies the console if it's through a third party.

In our case we're big enough to ask that we have enough to fulfil our original orders.

Not every chain in the country is big enough have that kind of clout ;)

Like I said, the retailers (the ones that promised reservations late on and couldn't deliver) cocked up, they've known for a full month how many they're getting, we've been saying from September onwards that due to the demand we can't guarantee reservations to people and any chain that has been saying they can from that point are as stupid as you are for believing it's Microsoft's fault :lol:
  5. Alexander

people have been taking pre orders since fucking july, not november, thats when they should have been told how many they were getting:dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce:
  6. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

Oh yeah... Why would a retailer need quantities then when they wouldn't know themselves how many people actually wanted them? :dunce:

Thank fuck you don't run a shop :lol:
  7. Alexander

:dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: so when the amount they were given was reached they could stop taking preorders and therefore stopping anyone from being disappointed on lauch day.

How is that not good business sense.
  8. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

How can the shop decide at that point if they're going to sell that many consoles?

Every store and chain in the country decides how many they're going to need based on their pre-orders, anyone with half a bollock for a brain isn't going to order 100 xbox 360s for their store without checking to see if there's any demand for them... That's good business sense. The console was unproven at that point and noone could anticipate the demand either way.

Say for example demand for the console bombed before launch (like it was dreamcast or saturn but worse), stores which had bought huge quantities would be fucked.

Would you want 200 odd consoles on your hands that you couldn't sell if (in theory) noone wanted them?

You're an absolute idiot :lol:
  9. Alexander

thats what happened with the ps2 and it went perfectly well, each shop was given the exact amount they were allocated and everyone got one that ordered one.

Sony obviously like to put there customers first instead of trying to creat lots od hype and pissing off half of them.
  10. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

Actually, thats not what happened...

People pre-ordered them, chains requested them, and Sony was able to fulfil most of the original pre-orders because they had more stock available for launch than with the 360.

This wasn't the case last year when they brought out the new 'slimline' PS2. They were harder to get than hen's teeth... It was the same with the PSP, to the point where the launch date has been moved on no less than 2 different occasions. It was meant to be christmas last year...
  11. French William

French William _________________

Ha ha ha ha ha.

Conway's explained the system at least 4 times and you still don't get it!! :lol:

Is this just your internet personality winding him up you brainless cunt?
  12. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

:lol:
  13. Alexander

it is what happened, i worked in a game shop and we were given the exact amount we were allowed to pre order, we had to take down the names addresses of all the people then send them off to playstation. Then all the applicates recieved a letter from sony saying there order was successful.
  14. Alexander

no hes explained the mircosoft way of doing it and i'm saying its a shit way of doing it, how thick are you, they should do it the intelligent way that sony did it for the ps2
  15. French William

You still don't get it you brainless cunt.
  16. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

Funny that... we used the same allocation system for the SLPS2, the PSP, and the 360?

There is no 'intelligent' way of doing it, your in-store 'limit' was probably set by your regional manager or by your head office.

My mate chris over at Game was told by his manager he could only pre-order so many 360s in case they were caught short... that wasn't a number enforced by microsoft :lol:
  17. Alexander

no your so thick you don't understand what i'm saying
  18. Alexander

it wasn't a chain store theres only one of them, and it was how it was down because all ths shops in our area including dixons where also told the same
  19. French William

Everyone understands what you're saying, but what you're saying is wrong.
  20. Alexander

you didn't understand though because you said i didn't understand what conway was saying, and its fucking unbeleivably obvious that i did, i was saying that its a shit way of doing it and microsoft are to blame for not keeping the shops in the know about allocation.