DETOX PRESENTS 'ALCHEMY' - Saturday 21st Nov 2009

Discussion in 'Going Out' started by MELT, Jun 4, 2009.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. LeeTheMackem

LeeTheMackem Lets Cacky Tash Him

not in the case of roy nelson
  2. Shortee

Shortee back of the net

They are bringing plenty mates, apparently that is the only way you can get gigs these days - doesnt matter of you have talent :confused:
  3. MELT

MELT Registered User

shortee, do you not brings lots of people in for good greef events ?

:confused:
  4. stuwrong

stuwrong Registered User

So if you get a local dj on its 'giving a local DJ an opportunity to DJ on a big lineup' but if anyone else does the same thing its only to 'raise their mates profile and furnish them with newcastle cool points'

You need to get rid of that fucking massive chip off your shoulder. Which promoters are you talking about here? at least name them. Anyway sounds like theres a nice atmosphere at your parties with racist nutcases throwing CDJ's around !!
  5. Shortee

Shortee back of the net

no i dont and the last good greef event I went too was the last good greef at trees

plus, i cant DJ! :lol:
  6. BRID

BRID Has name in red. Staff

let me just say, this thread is :lol:

full marks melt.
  7. MELT

MELT Registered User

theres 1 hell of a difference between using a broad spectrum of local djs from many different styles versus putting your 2 bessie mates on all the same lineups

and those "racist" dj's in question - one of them is of asian descent , so i hardly think that he is going to be going around calling people the p**i word

mind you doesnt condone him throwing a cdj but from talking to a few people other night i now seem to know the reason why.

there is in fact a very nice atmosphere in the events hence why theyve been running almost 9 years DUFUS!!!
  8. Þ€tè®*

Þ€tè®* Registered User

hahaha you have a point, he shouldn't be able to move like that.
  9. Þ€tè®*

Þ€tè®* Registered User

he had a valid reason for launching someone else piece of equipment into the crowd?
  10. stuwrong

stuwrong Registered User

what night are you talking about that puts its 2 bessie mates on all the same lineups??

You can still be asian and racist you fuckwit, James909 mentioned they were doing nazi salutes at a previous gig, which would give the impression that they are racist. Either way they sound like nice lads dont they :)
  11. james909

james909 Registered User

To be honest there more Complete idiots then Total Racists, just seem to have no commmon sense or manners.

Plus there Alf Garnet humour is about 35 years out of date.
  12. MELT

MELT Registered User

I have often encountered people that mix large amounts of the horse tranquilizer ketamine with alcohol behave in much a similar way.

I have also heard that this combination makes the user want to flick lit tabs into peoples affro haircuts and has a tendency to make them incontinent before the age of 30.

thankfully the cdj is ok, but nearly 4 weeks later and still no sign of an apology or explanation by those at the epicentre of the story.

ps: james - if you have the misfortune of working with any of these said people in future i would strongly advise not enacting the following combination

said dj's + alcohol + ketamine + turning down monitor / equipment (possibly due to redlining) = explosive reaction

:cry::facepalm:
  13. NicolaTeexx

NicolaTeexx

a know both the lads and they are sound! he shudnt of threw sum1 elses equipment off someone.. am not gunna excuse that fact but theres ah lot of people in the world who are racist! ah bet theres ah fair few on this forum! i personally think they are good dj's, a seen them at kiddstock, they look good behind the dex, there entertaining (throwing cdj's off someone isnt entertaining) but its only happened once.. i was talkin to yousef earlier in the night and he was out of it.. we'v all done stupid stuff when we are wrecked!! he wudnt of done it for ne reason
  14. Þ€tè®*

Þ€tè®* Registered User

Yeah we've all launched a thousand pound piece of equipment around that wasn't ours.
    If you think they look attractive behind the decks then thats your thing, but to everyone else they're plain pricks.
  15. B.O.B.

B.O.B. Registered User

Perhaps he shouldn't get so wrecked in that kind of environment, particularly if he knows he's likely to behave like a dick. A little self awareness goes a long way.
  16. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

Just because there's a lot of racists kicking about doesn't make it right. As for racism on here, it isn't tolerated in any form.

It doesn't matter what was said, your "mates" should have been man enough to ignore whatever was said and play on. I've got nowt against people having a drink, a smoke, or a toke when DJing, but you shouldn't let yourself get to the point where you are so fucked you lose all self control.

Imagine if the guy on the receiving end had decided to get the police involved? It wouldn't look so big or clever then, and regardless of who said what first, your mate would be in some serious shit.

If these lads keep on going like this, it doesn't matter how good they are, promoters won't touch them with a bargepole.

:up:
  17. NicolaTeexx

NicolaTeexx

am not sayin we've all launched equipment around but we've all been in a state where wa dunno what we are doin.. he cud of had beef with the kid for all yous know!!

its all bullshit tbh, sum1 else sed he was out of it on ket.. doesnt even take ket!! its all just word od mouth stuff.. people hear 1 thing and twist it.. make there own stories up!!

im not sayin its right mate! i just think people on here should know the story before they go makin assumptions about people!!
  18. Shortee

Shortee back of the net

didnt you just do that???
  19. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

Noone's making assumptions - on the other hand you can't dispute that one of them launched a CDJ at a punter and was using offensive language.

It doesn't matter who said what, and whether your mate was teetotal or a heroine junkie - you can't defend that kind of behaviour.
  20. NicolaTeexx

NicolaTeexx

yes i did, i just contridicted myself there!! my mistake

i'm just tryin to get my pont across that people shudnt go around assumptions of people when they havent got ah clue really, anything could have been said to kick him off!!

im not tryin to excuse the behaviour.. i know it was wrong!!

thats all im sayin.. im just givin my views coz i know they are decent lads!!

if people were bad mouthin ur mates on a forum im sure you stick up for them!!