Credit Crunch

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Natalie, Oct 7, 2008.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

1. Earl Grey

Earl Grey time for tea

hugging trees , if you dont like it , fuck off , i
    gets on my tits when people say ' i dont earn enough,i cant go out,i need a pay rise'

as if a pay rise will sort it out , adds to the problem , everything is going up , its the small companys i feel for when things do go tits up...but who knows,perhaps it may not,what is for sure is an increaes in lottery sales

50% of small business's will possibly go under in 12months so i have heard.. i know of loads of car dealers now way under if not disapeard to other countrys (there father done it also during the last recession,perhaps he is sipping cocktals with him now)... i hate chucky,especialy when it owed to me :lol:

:lol:

serious shit at themoment for some people . ive payed my bills and partyed for years on less than minium wage . il be ok:lol: :monkey:
  2. Dan

Dan Registered User

Like everyone else its just bills etc. Financially im not noticably worse or better off and i havent got large amounts of money racked up in banks so its just something on the news im sick of hearing about at the minute.
  3. Yosef Ha'Kohain

Yosef Ha'Kohain Registered User

It's got to work its way down the pecking order before it affects Newcastle... but it will.

Entire nations are being nationalised, smaller banks are getting swallowed up by the now emerging super-banks, retail is on a steady decline, property is stuckin a downward spiral.... and you're all worried about your grocery prices :lol:
  4. Earl Grey

Earl Grey time for tea

being a jew u will have apacket of cash stashed away just in case?
  5. Yosef Ha'Kohain

Yosef Ha'Kohain Registered User

being a baghead that has spent the last 10 years scrounging drugs & crawling around on all fours looking for his next hit... I'm guessing you've wasted all of yours on brown.
  6. Hutch

Hutch \o/\o/ TRANCE \o/\o/

I have lost my job because of this.
  7. Earl Grey

Earl Grey time for tea

most definatly - :up: thou there is more good news,the british army admit they wont win the afgan war , so more heroin for me
  8. Earl Grey

Earl Grey time for tea

and what was your job if i may ask?
  9. Fa Kin Su Pah

Fa Kin Su Pah Registered User

As i work in Norway the only way it has affected me at the moment is with flights. The price has shot up for a return to Newcastle.
  10. BRID

BRID Has name in red. Staff

When the cuts in public spending start happening, our region is going to suffer immensely ... especially since 2/3 of the money in the North East originates from the government.

The bar and clubbing scene is going to see a massive shakeout as well ... i'd say we'll see a large number of bars and clubs all shutting down .... perhaps a return to the early nineties when the quayside was a ghost town and certain streets in the toon were the kind of places your mum told you to avoid.

Awfully negative, but this is going to be WORSE than it has been for a very very long time. I suppose at the moment people (including me) just havent experienced a severe downturn at first hand, or were old enough to have noticed the effects the last time,
  11. B.O.B.

B.O.B. Registered User

At the moment it's just food and bills that have changed. However, we have decided to postpone the work we were going to do on our house and save the money for the time being, until we have a clearer picture of what is going on.

I bought a house in May, so will lose some of my equity. I'm not worried about it as we are likely to be staying in it for many years, by which time the market will have come back up again. It was equity I'd gained from a previous house, so I would have lost it whichever way. Unless things go ridiculously pear-shaped, I won't end up in negative equity.
  12. forks

forks still not dead

and there you have the reason it is all going to get very bad. millions of people making millions of small decisions like that.

The suppliers of goods and services you would have used to do that work will now have a bit less to spend and so THEY will postpone or cancel some of THEIR spending. And on it will roll.

It is not about the price of things going up, or down. It is about a collapse in the cheap credit that has kept our lifestyles afloat, massive amounts of businesses going bankrupt and mass unemployment.

All those people who ranted on about how government should keep out of things and let the market decide will shortly see what happens when you do. And we might well see the true meaning of things getting very messy.
  13. Earl Grey

Earl Grey time for tea

lots of bad points but one good thing on the point of bars/clubs shutting down - mass free party scence emerging like it was 20 years ago
  14. ManofScience

ManofScience Guest

aye milks gone up a bit, electricity too - but thats about it - it's not really bitten us yet.

However, once my fixed rate mortgage deal ends in a year or 2, i suddenly may have to find a few extra quid a month - which could be a bitch - but thats my only real debt

Pike's right, it's a return to saving for things, instead of this 'credit' culture we've had for the last 10 years or so
  15. Earl Grey

Earl Grey time for tea

its good idea to plan ahead - ive starting selling everything i own which i never use and just bought ages ago because i could

- cdj for example , never use it so why pay interest on a random credit card when i can pay the bitch off

- i went thru hundreds and hundreds of records and sorted into will i ever play? a tiny hand full netted me over 200 at htfr and the rest is looking good

- cars , thou im not getting on the bus , just use the smart car more

- shit i thought was worth nothing like a bit of chimney flue thats has sold for a stupid amount

- moved a few credit cards about top save a few hundred quid .

i also have a house to remortgage in 15months also MOS - i bought just before they said no more 100% deals , i could never get a deposit now,and if the price slumped , the work i have done and paid for will compensate so im not to arsed

just think thou , it could be worse, you could be living in kosavo,iraq,afgan,america,middlesbrough....
  16. Earl Grey

Earl Grey time for tea

wind power and solar is the next project after a finish the wood burner:lol:
  17. ManofScience

ManofScience Guest

i'll never be in negative equity as i put 40,000 down on my current place and i've not over stretched myself on the repayments - but still, a jump in payments will still bite!

i've just told the family 'wear more layers' and i've locked the boiler away so they can't turn the heating on :lol:
  18. Earl Grey

Earl Grey time for tea

you sound like me dad in the 80's :lol:
  19. ManofScience

ManofScience Guest

it's inevitable... it happens to us all - u end up being your dad (or mum in lasses cases)
  20. Earl Grey

Earl Grey time for tea

i wouldnt suit a regimental army tash like:lol: