Credit Crunch

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Natalie, Oct 7, 2008.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

1. Natalie

Natalie Registered User

Credit Crunch

It's constantly in the news every day, but how has it affected your lives?

I haven't really seen any change or any effect for myself apart from a slight increase in the supermarkets, spoke to quite a lot of people who dont feel hit at all but then see loads at work who are devastated by the effects, losing thousands on investments etc.

How does everyone feel about the situation with the banks, are you concerned about losing money....

Discuss
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. stuwrong

stuwrong Registered User

is hasnt..apart from waxon festival getting cancelled :wink: which made my summer slightly less fun
  4. Lee

Lee original gowans artwork

nah, just the usual worry of job cuts, but where i work we earn the bank money so ive been told we're safe, also the fact barclays is still motoring along quite well so its business as usual for me
  5. Natalie

Natalie Registered User

yeah that's the only slight concern i have although hsbc isn't ever mentioned in all the crisis stuff and im on the front line so not worried, wouldnt like to work back office in any bank at all though!
  6. BRID

BRID Has name in red. Staff

It worries me a great deal.... this time last year it was a single bank in trouble.... and now we are at the worst financial crisis since the great depression.

Right now alot of it is contained, but in the coming years its going to mean MASSIVE job losses.

I'm glad im debt free now (apart from company tax and my personal tax return thats due) but i wonder if this time next year ill even be IN a job at all.

The greed of the past 10 years has come back to fuck every single one of us (if we took part in it or not) .... its a crying shame.

On a slightly political note - Looks like once again Labour is leaving office with the country completely bankrupt and its reputation in tatters ... like it ALWAYS does!
  7. Rory Space

Rory Space Gonny wreck yir fucking hoose Sweat tits

Chips & garlic in my local have SORED! from £1.50 to a whole £2 :evil: :p
  8. Shortee

Shortee back of the net

Iv noticed the difference in utility bills, food, fuel etc.

My job is safe as I'm working on prisons and health buildings so we have work secured for the next 7-8 years but I feel for the guys I know who work for contractors as their jobs arent safe

Its affecting us getting a mortgage too as although the house prices are dropping, nobody is lending!
  9. Congay

Congay Registered User

its the best thing to happen to this country for years, most of you lot dont even know what it is to actully have to SAVE UP to buy something, you have grown up in a credit culture where everyone piss's their wages up the wall on a weekend then loan to the hilt for things like holidays, clothes and cars.

Employers have been instructed by thr government NOT to raise wages under any circumstances as this will counter the affects of whats happening. Basically everyones going to have live within their means....fancy that! fuck me yr all fucked!!

As for investments Shares have been on the slide for years anyone "losing" are mugs with pensions linked to share investment... this is nothing for you to worry about.

As for housing its no big deal as well, its not a crash its a correction, whatever happens housing in the uk will still be artificially high,again nothing for you to worry about unless anyone on heres bought a stupidly overpriced house lately.. it would have to be around 200k for negative eq to really hurt...

Where its going to hurt is the basics like food heat and fuel, you used to be able to buy a loaf for 20p now its like 1.20 cheapest in morrisons...

Crime will also sore with Burglary esp going thru the roof as the Chavs start to feed on themselves....

Just as housing has "corrected" itself I fully expect the immigrant problem to correct itself if the recession is lasting as well... if we are scraping a living to get buy how are we going to change to our neighbors who are given everything on a plate for free? The National Front and BNP will suddenly be very popular.

Suddenly the streets of England may not be paved with gold for these freeloaders and it might just be worth the belt tightening the rest of us have to put up with.
  10. Gary Proud

Gary Proud Registered User

The North East: responsible for the start of the Credit Crunch and the worldwide outbreak of Foot & Mouth, what a delightful place to live.:cool2:
  11. Magpie

Magpie Registered User

:king:
  12. forks

forks still not dead

utter bollox
  13. LeeTheMackem

LeeTheMackem Lets Cacky Tash Him

This lad has found a solution to that

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlqLz1ljlew"]YouTube- garlic and chips[/ame]
  14. Shortee

Shortee back of the net

thats shite!

my work will still be giving us our payrises in May, like they do every year. companies can't be told they cant raise their staff's wages!
  15. TheSpence

TheSpence Registered User

16. crasher_chick

crasher_chick I .....

I have noticed it a fair deal in my food, electric and gas bills mainly!! I'm left wondering where my money has got to every month!:down:

On a positive note though, I have just bought a house....which was a steal at £106,000....when it first went on the market 8 months ago it wss £140,000!!!! For a 3 bed semi in a nice area of Liverpool, its a bargain. However, I know i'll feel it more once were moved in....double rent, higher bills etc.
  17. Rory Space

Lmao fuckin hell :lol:

Edit: is it me, or is he being bullied :spangled: as i get to the end, it seems so :eek:
  18. LeeTheMackem

LeeTheMackem Lets Cacky Tash Him

Its quite clear there taking the piss out of him like
  19. Jimmy

Jimmy Registered User

I've been massively affected by the credit crunch but its great, it means my lass has finally had to get a job the lazy cunt :D
  20. Congay

Congay Registered User

Key phrase "like they do every year", companys where told not to react to employee pressure to raise wages due to the rise in fuel and food... think about it whats going to be achieved if people just "get more money"..... if this was the answer why dosnt the bank of england just print out loads of fifty quid notes and air drop them across the UK doh!
  21. Rory Space

:lol: