Copyright etc...

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Jobbi, Aug 5, 2004.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Jobbi

Jobbi Registered User

Copyright etc...

not the normal type of question in here but seems like the only suitable place to ask about it! im just wondering if someone could give me some advice on trying to get a tune released... but its a mash-up. so i need to know all about copyright laws n all that kinda stuff. im guessin it would be a long winded thing, with alot of hassle, having to get permission off the producers of the 2 original tunes etc?? im in the dark, can someone shed some light..... cheers
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. David Lee

David Lee Dexter's Apprentice

No problem man...here goes!

Depending on what artists they are...
    I would do it..as long as your not going to make millions from it then it should be okay.You see most artists will only go after you for doing it if you make a mint from it.Its not worth them paying the court fees etc etc if theyre not going to get something much larger in return.Its not worth their while.
    Thats how some people do it and actually can get away with it.If you were a big pop group or soemthing like that and you used a part of someone elses track then they would go after you then as you stand to make a lot from it...just say you were Gareth Gates or something..he sells loads of copys so it would be worth someones while going after him for ripping them off.

Hope this helps m8.... :D
  4. Jobbi

Jobbi Registered User

cheers mate! newsham farm...u know it? what bout u?? well i wouldnt exactly say its amazin n its gona make a fortune but its still worth a try, id drop it in a set (i rekon jules would n all)