Brid / Jan 2011 Promo mix (Circus DJ Competition)

Discussion in 'Music' started by BRID, Jan 15, 2011.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. DJBOOMVIRUS

DJBOOMVIRUS

adam ...........can you send me a link to any of your mixes please , i wanna see what all the fuss is about , you superstar dj you :)
  2. Scotty

Scotty Internet Weirdo

Pop a 40 and check your rollies - its Blyth Tyme!
    Your last gig was in your bedroom on new years eve with you playing under 3 aliases and your brother so where do you get off trying to look bigger and better than anyone else? Don't even pretend it was real the flyer was chock full of typos like secrete location
    DJHOSTILEVIRUS likes this.
  3. DJBOOMVIRUS

DJBOOMVIRUS

how am i trying to look bigger than every one else scotty . explain
  4. WorldonFire

WorldonFire No Pressure

hostile virus have you seen anyone do some of the things you can do with a good traktor setup? or a ableton live setup

its a hell of a lot more complicated than pressing cue at the right time.

4 decks with load of loops/cuts live editing and then effects etc. on top of that - how can you say that isn't skillful
    - your just jumping to conclusions without even looking at things because you've had a little blast on virtual dj

- if anything should be criticized its your absolute pitiful dj name
  5. DJBOOMVIRUS

DJBOOMVIRUS

if you read my post mate iv never dissed tractor or ableton , i use ableton my self so get your fact rite before butting in ...... iv never said it wasnt skill full , were do you get that from mate ......... all i said is that they shudnt be allowed in comps thats all i said .... thats just my opinion ...

and my name is crap eh ....... lol

anyway i was only agreeing with YOUSEF , whos comp this thred is about ??????

whats your dj name mate
  6. BRID

BRID Has name in red. Staff

Right. Lets put this issue to bed once and for all.

Here is a question. Let's see if you can answer it, and not by responding with another question, an answer to a previous question or a comment :

Are you ready .....

(drum roll)

WHAT DEFINES A SKILLFULL DJ? AND HOW SHOULD A DJ COMPETITION BE JUDGED?

I dare you to answer that.
  7. DJBOOMVIRUS

DJBOOMVIRUS

i was just agreeing with YOUSEF about not allowing ableton / midi sets in the comp ....... i use ableton and tractor myself to dj aswell as vinyl and cdj ..... look just because you didnt get a mention in the comp for your midi set , you were told those sets would be thrown out ...
    im not knocking you as a DJ mate your canny good , good track selection , good track order , smooth mixing , i use what you use mate (sometimes ) were all heve our own opinions ,
    i dont have a problem with tractor and ableton because i use them myself , i just dont think they shuld be allowed in comps thats all i was saying :)

HOW WOULD YOU DEFINE A SKILLFULL DJ , YOU KEEP GOING ON ABOUT IT AND SKILL ????????
  8. BRID

LOL. Well, thank you for the original words of support when i first entered that competition which i didnt win, place, or get a mention on.

But, you didnt answer that question - and 7 pages on, this is like banging ones head against a brick wall as a result.

That's me done on this issue.
  9. DJBOOMVIRUS

DJBOOMVIRUS

lol , why dont you define it mate seen as you seem to know how to but wount ............ put up or shut up
  10. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

11. DJBOOMVIRUS

DJBOOMVIRUS

come on mr tractor ............... whats up ??????? dont you know how to answer your own question ........... lol ............
  12. BRID

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience"
    Ian Cox, Conway and WorldonFire like this.
  13. DJBOOMVIRUS

DJBOOMVIRUS

lol ............ guess you dont know what makes a good dj then brid , never mind , keep thinking , get back to me when youve figured it out ......... KEEP IT TRACTOR
  14. WorldonFire

WorldonFire No Pressure

what is the point of not allowing ableton/midi sets when thats what you would be playing out live on, as long as your doing something other than just mixing tracks generically.

i know that past circus comps have been won by people using an ableton setup (aswell as this one it seems) but im pretty sure it just means people mixing on traktor etc. generically - i've just looked at the comp entry rules. and it just means mixes put together on the computer in ableton. so your point about midi/traktor is balls.

my dj name is djcomputertrojan we should do a b2b
  15. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

Having heard Brid play out at least three times over the course of the last year, I can guarantee to you that he's "figured it out" ;)
    Ian Cox likes this.
  16. Scotty

Scotty Internet Weirdo

Pop a 40 and check your rollies - its Blyth Tyme!
    If you are actually 28 you are a massive life failure I'd have killed myself by now.

You have some sort of superiority complex (and possibly several learning deficiencies) from being able to mix (shit hard trance) and like to express that to any and everyone i.e. "wen was yor last mix like? Supper star Dj".

I could imagine you committing some horrendous crime in the not too distant feature and upon capture asking the arresting offers what their set up is and if the jury think they have ever learned how to mix on vinyl.

You really should have used that money on your cdj 800000's on getting some education. Honest opinion.
    adam. and DJHOSTILEVIRUS like this.
  17. DJBOOMVIRUS

DJBOOMVIRUS

lol .........
    adam. likes this.
  18. chris l

chris l Jack!

To use conway's car analogy, the best formula one drivers are those who can push themselves and their cars to the limits, not those who sit down and coast round the track. They can only learn this through the skills they learn driving formula one cars. This applies to all fields I think. The problem being that now the rally drivers have joined in the game, and you have 2 completely different ways of driving different types of cars, and people trying to constantly compare them, to make themselves feel comfortable or secure in what they are using, or score points of someone who uses something different to them.

Skills are relative to the medium, and the fact that technology allows so much manipulation of the tracks, if all you do is a mix and blend, then that's not skillful use of the technology, but to me that's the same with vinyl, or CD anyone who simply blends tracks. They should either go back to their bedroom and put some more time in, or move over. Simply being capable of beatmatching and using that as some sort of bragging right is just as ridiculous as someone using how many possibilities are available with digital technology for the same reason. If you don't push the technology to it's limits, regardless of what you use, you aren't a skilled user.

To me, being able to do this, and still transfer the music across in an enjoyable way for the people listening is what makes a skillful DJ.
    Conway and DJHOSTILEVIRUS like this.
  19. DJBOOMVIRUS

DJBOOMVIRUS

i would agree with you chris personally i use vinyl , cdj , ableton and tractor .......... why just use 1 technology .............
  20. DJBOOMVIRUS

DJBOOMVIRUS

fair comment conway i dont doubt for a second hes a good dj , but why cant he explain it himself . he seems to know but woult tell , whats all that about :(
    it was a simple question he asked me , but yet he wount say what he thinks ?????? strange
  21. DJBOOMVIRUS

DJBOOMVIRUS

iv never heard of those decks SCOTTY ????? do you get sky hooks with them ????