1200 jobs go at nissan

Discussion in 'News & Current Affairs' started by BRID, Jan 8, 2009.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. TheSpence

TheSpence Registered User

Newcastle Building Society to lay 150 off.
  2. Dan

Dan Registered User

Its not good news at all.

I found out the other day that British Gas will be cutting some of our jobs for the above reason and not looking to give people nice voluntary payoffs. Which is daft cos theres loads of people i work with that are only a few years off retiring. Just shows how much they value their employees. :rolleyes:
  3. Oasis

Oasis Peter North-east

They defo wont do last in first out because the last in are on lower pay band and they want everyone on that lower wage. It'll be down to attendance etc. They say theyre hoping for 800 voluntary redundancys, they wont get that many unless they offer atleast a years salary. They gonna give out letters to people who are at risk of losing there job. if they give them out before the voluntary comes up they will take it cos theyl think theyre gonna get laid off anyway. voluntary redundancy will be more than statutory. 800 Permanent by my calculations is roughly 1 in 3 people. I might be ok but i think this is a blessing in disguise. Alot of peple dont wanna work there and if given enough money they'll leave. I'd leave if i had another job, rach may have on lined up at the co-op for me but its not a definite.
  4. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

I had a mate who applied for their tech support, and successfully got the job, then they pulled the position out from under him two days before he was due to start.

Luckily his current employer was more than happy to have him back :)

Worrying times for everyone this... My girlfriend and I have managed to avoid the chop at our respective jobs, but I get the feeling everyone else won't be so lucky.
  5. Congay

Congay Registered User

A lot of people dont like working there but wouldnt leave for the world.

The company tried to offload the "old timers" a couple of years back offering them 14k to walk away ONLY 40 TOOK IT.
  6. Congay

Congay Registered User

At least most of the fucking Polish have been sacked

Krack on back to Krakov and talke yr Gerkins with you job stealing twats
  7. LeeTheMackem

LeeTheMackem Lets Cacky Tash Him

Yeah I cant see many people wanting to leave unless there close to retirement.Its not going to be easy for anyone to get a new job on the kind of money Nissan pay
  8. Earl Grey

Earl Grey time for tea

hugging trees , if you dont like it , fuck off , i
    fuck me your still working there after 4 years???:wink:

what u working on , not them gash micras cc still , when them come into garage i always check them rear fenders welds , disgracfull. . .
  9. Earl Grey

Earl Grey time for tea

hugging trees , if you dont like it , fuck off , i
    very hard for people who know nothing else but NISSAN NISSAN NISSAN NISSAN star jumps in the morning etc.... but why build so many cars in the first place , it never used to be like that there years ago , bit of a chilled out place . the world today , always in a hurry , more more more , well its all gone tits up but what goes down hopefully will go up again

:)
  10. Shortee

Shortee back of the net

According to a very very reliable source the staff who are being laid off were chosen 5-6 weeks ago
  11. LeeTheMackem

Been told today that our place is going to a four day week from next week for the forseeable future
  12. DN HY

DN HY 142 bmp

sounds like stage one mate, i'd start looking if was you :(

what is it you manufacture?
  13. LeeTheMackem

quilts and pillows lol.Aye its not looking good like alothough the place is still making massive profits there getting small by the week
  14. Oasis

Oasis Peter North-east

Theres been a few redundancy things over the last couple of years ranging from 10-13k. They've had a canny few take it but only 40 last time which was a few month ago. You're right though, theres loads who always gan on like they'd leave at the drop of a hat but they either love the place or are institutionalised like Brooks from Shawshank Redemption. They wont be able to adapt to a life where they dont need to ask to gan to the toilet.

I've got it in me head I wanna leave now and can not be arsed for building 500 cars a day. I'll probs get offered about 5 grand which is fucking shite.
  15. Oasis

Oasis Peter North-east

Aye lol, I'm still bending the odd fender now and again.

It's still as a shit as ever! cant believe I've been there 3 and half years.:lol: :cry:
  16. Oasis

Oasis Peter North-east

You know things are fucked up when people stop buying quilts and pillows. :lol:
  17. mutematt

mutematt Ha-do-ken

:lol: That sounds like sumat i hear everyday in the smoking shelter "i heard this bla bla bla"

Its probably partly true but they have been watching people like hawks all week trying to see if anyone does owt that they can get marked down for,"reet he's not wearing his cap,he'll be 1st out the door".
  18. Shortee

Shortee back of the net

:lol:

I told Caz where i heard it, dont wanna put it on a public message board though.
  19. mutematt

mutematt Ha-do-ken

Aye she told me before.

Your source sounds alot more credible then the lads at work who hear stuff from the wifey on the burger van whose brothers mates uncles sisters mates husband etc etc....
  20. Shortee

Shortee back of the net

i dont think you could get any more credible :lol: