Slow torrents

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Smog, Jul 3, 2007.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Smog

Smog Registered User

Slow torrents

The past couple of days my torrents have been slower than old people fucking. I'm using bitlord and its been sound for ages, i rarely get massive speeds (>150kbps) but then i've never pimped my machine up and followed any guides.

However, i'm now lucky if I get above 3kbps for torrents with good health.

I've read loads of stuff off the net about how my ISP may be limiting my usage or if I have a NAT error... but if its any of these, why now? I have been downloading a heckuva lot recently (all legal :p) and tend to give up uploading if its slow, therefore affecting my ratio, so could this be an issue?

Any ideas? Cheers :)
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. Lee

Lee original gowans artwork

my isp is talk talk and they are the worst ever for internet usage, theyre sit at even providing a service just for web broswing nevermind downloading from p2p shit, i rarelt get over 3k a sec apart from on a weekend its that bad, i noticed i got proper restricted when i started getting a load of stuff off the net (aain all legal) and ever since its been proper poo literally would be faster with 56k, im just gonna end up paying for a decent connection soo cos this is gei
  4. Smog

Smog Registered User

aye im with talk talk, although strangely enough i left me computer on last night and woke up to find the files all downloaded... i was thinking it may have been a temporary lack seeders but the health was fine.

ah well, seems alright now
  5. Phil Mitchell

Phil Mitchell check me a dollar brer?

utorrent is pretty good

bitcomet also has a built in feature which will tell you if your ISP is blocking ports :)
  6. Smog

Smog Registered User

i've heard utorrent is the best, but when i used it it wasn't a patch on bitlord. if bitlord gives me any more jip i'll give bit comet a go, cheers :D
  7. ManofScience

ManofScience Guest

i recently got cable broadband, rubbish downloads but i think it's cause of the lack of seeders on shareaza using torrents.

sat morn it goes like the wind!
  8. Lee

well fuck me, im getting somet at over 215kbps on a 2mb line on talk talk, this cant be right. the fastest i have had in the las 3 weeks or so was about 50 for about an hour at 4am on a sunday :lol:
  9. Rob

Rob Registered User

10. trance_fan

trance_fan Registered User

also depending on your client it could show total seeds/peers in the swarm but perhaps not showing seeds/peers actually connected?

Eg i have a download going now and out of 61 seeds, 0 are connected.

Flew to 91% then....nothing
  11. Swana

Swana Registered User

I keep gettingn torrents doing that.. getting to bout 90 odd % and then nothing... still loads of peers but no seeds :mad:
  12. Smog

Smog Registered User

fack me its been at 1kbps for a couple of days now... i think its shitty talktalk. gonna have a word with the bastards and if they are gonna be twats then im off.

im positive its not my client or the torrents themselves. is there anyway around it or am i at the mercy of my isp?
  13. Lee

itle cost you 70 quid to leave them, theyre cunts. unless you can prove your getting a shit service downloadig legal stuff they will fuck you off
  14. trance_fan

trance_fan Registered User

mines gone the same way :(

healthy torrents too, with BT

hope this isnt long term...
  15. Lee

im just gonna get a decent isp where you have to pay about 24 quid a month for or somet, cos theres no point in me haing the internet if i cant download owt