PS3 vs Xbox 360 Elite

Discussion in 'Technology' started by trance250, Dec 7, 2009.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. trance250

trance250

PS3 vs Xbox 360 Elite

Looking to buy one of these in the new year, now that they've both been out a while and the price of PS3 has dropped which is the better machine? Ive not used a PS3 yet so I dont have a clue what their like
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. Aaron!

Aaron! Coming soon...

Depends on who you ask.

Ask someone with a PS3 they'll say PS3, Ask someone with a 360 and they'll say a 360.

1st question is do you want a blu ray player? If the answer is no then go for the 360 if yes then go for the all in one console and get a PS3.

There's not much difference if any, Some games look better on the 360 some on the PS3.

I have both and prefer my 360, My PS3 just gets used for blu rays and the few exclusives i wanted for it (Ghostbusters when it was just on the ps3, Killzone 2 etx) but thats just personal preference.

I use my 360 for gaming and ps3 for movies and the occasional gaming.
  4. trance250

trance250

Thats kind of what i thought, was hoping there'd be someone with both! :up:

Not too fussed about a blu-ray player, that would just be a bonus, as its not that often i get the chance to sit and watch a film anyway. Would pretty much just use it for gaming. Kind of leaning towards the xbox at the minute
  5. MaGoo

MaGoo

If there's very little difference surely it makes sense to get the one with the blu-ray player? My flatmate has both and he prefers the PS3 but horses for courses and all that.

And if you have time to play games you must have time to watch DVDs.
  6. trance250

trance250

:rolleyes: I wont be the only one using it.
  7. Mr.B.ThatsMe

Mr.B.ThatsMe 'yi raji puff

Xbox all the way. I previously only owned a PS1 and a PS2, but after getting an xbox, I've realised the control pads are much better.. fit your hands better etc, and the game choice is great too. Plus you can flash the xbox and get games for nowt ;) My m8 has both consoles and he never even uses his ps3.
  8. Chris S

Chris S Monkey Tennis?

I love PS3. But I wouldnt say no to a 360 if i seen a good enough deal as there are great exclusives that i'd like to play ie gears and liberty city stories
  9. hummel

hummel Fucking imbecile

I would say get a PS3 if you plan on buying games. If you have sense and don't want to pay over the odds for a game you can complete in 4 hours then buy an xbox and mod it.
  10. Chris S

Chris S Monkey Tennis?

But if u play a game on the 360 for 4 hours it'll break lol . Think that puts me off a bit!
  11. Congay

Congay Registered User

games = xbox

all round ps3 for streaming and BR
  12. Congay

Congay Registered User

and dont forget the XB is long in the tooth now its got to be 7/8 years old, id guess theres a new one out in a year or two
  13. Aaron!

Aaron! Coming soon...

4 years as opposed to the 3 of a PS3.

Probably another 3-4 years at least out of them both with the projects both have on the go with them such as the natal project.
  14. LeeTheMackem

LeeTheMackem Lets Cacky Tash Him

Hold both controllers and decide which on you like best.Ive had both and prefer my ps3 but it basically came down to the contorller and the fact I love metal gear solid
  15. trance250

trance250

Good idea that, thats the kind of thing that would sway me n all lol

Thinking more xbox at the minute as i know more people who have them for game swaps etc. Plus my lass is wingeing she doesnt like the game boxes for the PS3 (typical female response) but the PS3 would look better on the TV stand.

Getting down to ridiculous pro's and con's now as you can tell :facepalm:
  16. Congay

Congay Registered User

Iv got a XB in the games room and a PS3 in the living room, used mainly for movies.

If its for games only its got to be XB
  17. LeeTheMackem

LeeTheMackem Lets Cacky Tash Him

I prefer Blu Ray boxes to dvd boxes like haha
  18. Mr.B.ThatsMe

Mr.B.ThatsMe 'yi raji puff

Unless there's a need for blu-ray, I don't think there's much of a difference. Both consoles can stream a load of media in the same way.

Reasons to buy an Xbox: You like the games choice, your mates have xbox's, it can work out 100 times cheaper depending on whether or not you get it flashed.

Reasons to buy a PS3: You prefer the games choice, your mates all have ps3's, you don't mind paying for every game you want, you want a blu-ray player.

The most important thing in the list is which console your mates have. It's so much fun playing online against your mates, that it would make no sense at all to buy the other console.
  19. Aaron!

Aaron! Coming soon...

If you end up going blu ray then you will love the PS3 boxes as theya re the same size as blu ray. My DVD Shelf looks stupid because of my xbox games and dvd's as i've now replaced most of my dvd's with blu ray and hd dvd's (Bought the add on for my 360)

The smaller sized cases are a winner specially on units where you can change the size of the shelf spaces = more storage.

As for pad, i agree it's personal preference, i used to love the old ps2 pads and ps3 pads and still do love them however having used a 360 pad it's just the perfect pad for me for playing in regards to weight, button and analogue placement.

Another thing to weigh up is will you be doign online gaming and do you want it free via PSN or are you willing to buy a 12 month live membership for about £25 off ebay?