Playstation 3

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Alexander, May 13, 2005.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Alexander

Alexander Registered User

Playstation 3

[​IMG]

This a mockup maybe true may be not but it looks pretty slick and it plays UMD to.

The race is on Playstations gonna win like, but it'll be a good fight.

I think xbox have fuck themselves over by releasing the 360 to soon, the xbox hasn't been out that long and it's getting released before the PS3.
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. Alexander

[​IMG]

silver slimline PS2 to looks fucking awesome, I'm fucking well gutted I well wanted one of these when I bought my slim line, but they're not getting released for a while.
  4. DRM

DRM Registered User

that mock up is just something a fan made of wot he thought it might look like and will probably not remotely resemble the proper version. As for the umd, thats not true either, its been said that the ps3 will use hd dvd's or normal dvd's.

The Xbox 360 was revealed on MTV in the US last night and looks pretty decent to be fair. some nice touches, such as wireless controllers that can be recharged by just pluggin them into the usb ports on the back of it. wireless headsets for xbox live, chanagable face panels to customise it. Some of the games are looking fantastic too.

But i certainly dont think anyone should rule out Nintendo. They are playing their cards very close to their chests. They dont want to revealed many details yet because they say that some of the features will be so revolutionary that they dont want sony and MS too steal them before they bring out their own machines. Various things have been suggested and some confirmed so far, confirmed is that it will use dvd's which is a first for nintendo for using a standard storage format, and it will also be backwardly compatible with Gamecube games. It is also said to be very small, about the height of a dvd case and an inch thick. rumors around it atm are that the controllers will be very intentive and possibly squeezable so as to control things on screen. Also they are said to have tilt control in them so u tilt the pad to affect wot is on screen. Also rumoured tho has also been desputed by certain people is a possible "sterescopic" 3d display.

All will be reveiled at E3 tho which is in a week or so.
  5. Alexander

yeah I think your right the games on playstation 3 will use the blue ray dvd format, but it may be able to play umd to.

I still reckon PS3 will win even with worst graphics than the xbox, the ps2 still managed to knock it out of the water.

And I reckon the graphics capabilities of the new PS3 will be superior to the 360.

I think nintendo will have to start making games that aren't childish, to make an impact on the market, It's gonna be a shaky few years for nintendo, especially if the PSP takes control of the handheld market.
  6. DRM

DRM Registered User

yeah i think ur right, as long as sony dont fuck anything major up then they should have the market share again but xbox will close the gap for sure.

as for ninty they will never change their philosophy on games. They have always said and will stick by the fact that they make games that are fun. tho in the past couple of years they seem to have been taking up some decent 3rd party support for more adult games such as resi evil 0 & 4. With the PSP it does look very good and certainly overpowers the DS in terms of capability but again nintendo have always said that the DS is not the next Gameboy merely an extra product. Ive heard that the next gameboy will possibly be compatible with gamecube games and that they had this planned right from the time they decided to use small discs for the cube. now that is something im definatly interested in.
  7. Alexander

Thats class, I love the game cube mario kart is awesome, I love all the consoles we got all of them in our house, It's just some people are a bit, this ones best so they stick to what they've got. Think thats were nintendo loose to these people cause they don't have enough other types of games to attract people.
  8. DRM

DRM Registered User

ive been loving mario kart this last couple of month too, been caining the time trialing with my flat mates, keep beating each others scores it ridiculously addictive and is prob gonna make me fail my exams! haha
  9. Adam

Adam

The gamecube is class console- the 'childish' games are by far the most fun to play- i have xbox and ps2 as well but gamecube has more fun games to play, they've seen sense and leaked the bios too and sales have gone up slightly now the consoles are chippable.
  10. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

The PS3 will only be able to beat the xbox 360 if sony sort out the distribution problems they're having at the moment. Over christmas at work we couldn't get enough PS2s in - so people were buying xbox with the same games.

The PSP was due to launch for christmas, it's launch date has been pushed back twice (march, then september) because sony still can't make enough of them. We've been told that we probably won't get our full order on launch as whell :(

Xanda - the slim PS2's out, HMV have shitloads of them in ;)
  11. Alexander

I know I'm gutted I bought mine a bit ago but I looked everywhere when bought mine to see if they had them but they didn't.

The reason why they sell out is cause people buy them faster than they can make them, if xbox sold as many as playstation they would run out to.

I reckon the PS3 is gonna be awsome especially cause sony have teamed up with nvidia to make the graphics chip.

I'm thinking the xbox power will be immense, but the PS3 might be even better because of the cell processors that sony are developing.

Fuck me I'm getting well excited just thinking about it, how sad an I, gonna have to save up so I've got enough money to get them both.
  12. Adam

Adam

I think sony do it on purpose- ps2, psp are all harder to get cos they want to create excitement about them. that worked with ps2 cos there wa no alternative but ps3 will have to be special cos microsoft got the jump this time tround.

at the end of the day, the consoles will be very in spec, it'll be the exclusive games that make or break them at launch.
  13. Swana

Swana Registered User

I have a gamecube but havent played it for months. I waited til Mario Kart came out which is by far the best game for all ya mates like!! :lol:

I just got sick of all the crap japanese cartoony games coming out when all i wanted was some decent racing, shoot em ups or footy games. Cos fifa is crap on it! :mad:

Sayign that Monkey Ball 1 and 2 are gaming genius!! but it stops there.... Mario party??! :confused: no ta!
  14. DRM

DRM Registered User

Metroid Prime 1&2
    Resident Evil 0 & 4 (4 is fucking immense)
    F-Zero

all excellent games like. tho to be fair the gamecube was never going to be about racing, shoot em ups and footie games.
  15. Mr.B.ThatsMe

Mr.B.ThatsMe 'yi raji puff

I think that mock up looks terrible. I think it would look outdated very quickly. YUK!
  16. DRM

DRM Registered User

well people here it is :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  17. andy_rocks

andy_rocks Registered User

may I be the first to say.......

:drool: :love: :love: :D
  18. DRM

DRM Registered User