Curry Train

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Geordie, Jun 22, 2008.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Geordie

Geordie "Im Outta Time"

Curry Train

I went on this last night for me b/day with a few of the lads, bait wise it was spot on i couldnt help but think tho as soon as we arrived they wanted rid of us even tho were ploughing the best part of £250/300+ into there business.

Im still waiting for the popadoms and pickles etc even tho am home now which always come before the starters in an indians tho the starters and main courses were spot on and the prawns i got were like fucking dolphins in me main dish :eek:

Main down side was that it was £8 for a double spirit with mixer, £2 for a glass of coke and about £4 a pint i think - its all fairwell taking ya own grog on the train but when ya get there ya eyes are opened.

I would recommend it but maybe should of done what some old dears were doing and took me own drink into the actual place in a cool bag after buying only one pint and topping it up :lol: :lol:
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. Natalie

Natalie Registered User

There's loads of us from work going in a couple of weeks time, never been before but looking forward to it, already decided what I'm having :lol:
  4. Geordie

Geordie "Im Outta Time"

Take ya own drink on the train cos they try and sell you Indian beer on the train which is kingfisher or tiger i think and will charge loads - make sure you have a skin full before you get there as well and just dont drink when there unless ya works paying the bill ;)

It comes to something when the staff are advising ya not to buy spirits in a place :lol:
  5. adam.

adam. kthxbi

wheres this like ?
  6. Geordie

Geordie "Im Outta Time"

Its in Corbridge, train leaves Newcastle at about 6:05pm and we got back for about 10pm.

I forgot to say how some robbing cunts in Central charged us £9.50 for 4 cans as well of warm Carling, not that it was me own fault or owt for missing an off licence.....
  7. adam.

adam. kthxbi

fuck me did you go thru a months wage on this thing !!
  8. Geordie

Geordie "Im Outta Time"

I took £100 out last night and woke up earlier today with about £2 or summit, i dont mind cos it was me b/day night out and we all had a class time but its alot of money like :lol: :lol:
  9. graham

graham Registered User

Quality night last night mate, wicked banter from meeting at central at 5pm to getting home slightly pie eyed in preparation for work today.

My only complaint is that me, you and Nicky probably didnt eat enough?? :eek:

I reckon had the waiters not more or less kicked us out we would have still been there now, finishing everyone elses meals and still waiting for the pickles etc to go with them.

That bloke on the train back was sound as well, had loads of time for us?? :lol:
  10. Geordie

Geordie "Im Outta Time"

Im fucking gutted cos i wanted to take a doggy bag which would of got slung to one side once i arrived at The Terrace last night but i dare say smashed all over now, make matters worse i think i have about 4 menus in me room which they gave on the train? Ave looked before n thought aye i could do that again, i will make up for it tomoz when i go for another indians with no drinks licence and a take your own grog policy :wink:

Who was that daft old cunt on the train back as well, if me eyes werent spinning like a tuppeny nudger i would of digged the coffin dodging old twat - i was rinsing myself when i went "alreet baldy" yet he thought i was calling him....

It was quality anyways man and cheers for all who came and for Proudy for organising everything - nice to find a 2ft or summit "happy 40th birthday" card in me living room this morning the funny fucker he is....
  11. Chewy

Chewy I'd fist it

its gash.... they rush you in and out as fast as possible and we didnt really get a choice of what rice/nan breads we wanted, we just got what was dumped there for us

when they said we were going on a curry train i thought we'd be eating the curry on an actual train
  12. carter

carter

Quality review :lol:
  13. Chewy

Chewy I'd fist it

:lol: thats what i thought of it...
  14. Anderzz

Anderzz Registered User

Id rather get the Curry Metro to Ocean road :lol:
  15. DN HY

DN HY 142 bmp

ocean road is immense for curry! i love the brasserie and the shalimar
  16. Craig_M

Craig_M Registered User

The Dilshad is where its all happening. Mahon = :king:
  17. graham

graham Registered User

Cafe Spice on Chilli Rd is an unreal indians :king:
  18. Jill

Jill Registered User

Just had a takeaway from them tonight. :D Absolutely lush as always.
  19. Mr. Revel

Mr. Revel Registered User

we went to the valley junction a couple of weeks ago (same people & Menu), and i thought it was pretty good. Like John said, the prawns are MASSIVE, and I thought the menu was good. We did spend pretty much the same amount on drink as we did on food though! The big bottles of Tiger must be well over £7 or something!
  20. MAXIMAL:

MAXIMAL: Registered User

I'd agree, i felt like they wanted us out as soon as we got there!

Food was pretty nice like, i've had nicer indians but can't really complain on that side of things it was just the service. When Graham was asking for a pint the waiter kept sayin, "water" and graham was sayin, "no a pint of kingfisher m8". He asked about 3 times and it was just takin the piss really. We had to prompt them for everything like nans poppadoms etc, and we didn't even get dips with the poppadoms when they came with the main meal!!

To top everything off the price changed from £28 per person to £32 with drinks on top which isn't that bad but then they tell us we are £30 short and it's for a service charge, i'm not tight when it comes to tips by any means but for me a tip is for the food and the service and the service was terrible!! they never mentioned the service charge when booking because if they had it wouldn't be an issue but they just had our eyes out when we got there!! :mad:
  21. Granty

Granty 38°52′48″N 1°23′30″E

I've been to both, the one in Hexham and the one in Corbridge, as they're practically on my doorstep and they always seem like they can't be arsed to serve in Corbridge.

Can't fault the food though.

If you're ever up that way again, gan to Saathi's in Hexham. Always spot on in there :up: