WikiLeaks Winner.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MistaK, Nov 28, 2010.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. MistaK

MistaK Modulations Staff

WikiLeaks Winner.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-11858895

Fantastic. love shit that makes the Americans tremble in their boots! can't believe the site was also 'hacked' on the day of release. you couldent get anymore blatent that there is so much corruption in that file that could take its toll on the world view of the yankee dumbfuck doodles.

especially loved this part of the BBC report;

does any of that sound slightly hypocritical to anyone? :lol:
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. MistaK

MistaK Modulations Staff

Twitters also a good browse:

http://twitter.com/wikileaks

A D-notice served to the press too! interesting, forks and brid are going to have a 9 paragrapher to this one about freedom of speech i feel :lol:

looks like the papers are going to be interesting tomorrow! :D
  4. Mike Louth

Mike Louth Digitally Imported

The best release yet is the 'voluptuous blonde nurse' that travels everywhere with Colonel Gaddafi, he's definitely got his priorities right!
  5. Rossy

Rossy . Staff

I love this, the whole wikileaks saga is so fucking interesting!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/jul/25/wikileaks-war-logs-back-story

On the issue of the D-notice:

http://blogs.news.sky.com/editorsblog/Post:ab563867-3752-4c62-b87c-ed39791d11e3

^More there.
  6. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

I love how they branded Gordon Brown as "unstable".

Yeah, tell us something we don't know :lol:
  7. TheSpence

TheSpence Registered User

Best leak yet really highlights that it is not just parts of the Western world that think Iran are cunts most of its neigbours do to.

Fairplay to the Yanks for not attacking when very wealth nations are egging it on.
  8. BRID

BRID Has name in red. Staff

Every government is the same. Corrupt to its very core. Moreso the ones that continually meddle in international affairs.

The fact they have tried to bury this by using the supposed national security threat line, just shows that you and me only ever get thrown a few crumbs every now and again to gossip over.
  9. forks

forks still not dead

how strange that the Wikileaks guy has been charged with sexual assault and arrested. Now he can be extradited to the US. If they can't be subtle they'll just be blatent then. what a stitch up. i think he deserves the Nobel prize.
    I see Australia has made it an offence to access the wikileaks site. Can't believe that. Be us next. If you try to access it in Oz you get fined.
    Doesn't really need a nine pager K nobody can defend the US position. They been caught with their pants down. Who feels sorry for them. Not one soul.
    If anything it has made me like them a bit more, they at least trying to stop Israel nuking Iran = WW3
  10. forks

forks still not dead

New York Republican Peter King, incoming chairman of the House Committee for Homeland Security, has called for WikiLeaks to be classified as a "terrorist organization,"
    "If telling the truth is now considered "terrorism," then the word has lost every meaning it ever had. Is this the world we want to live in? WL Central would like to ask you to support WikiLeaks and stand up for the truth, free speech, a free press, and the right of citizens worldwide to know what their governments are doing in their name. This is not terrorism. This is democracy, at its most basic."
    http://wlcentral.org/
  11. Gary Proud

Gary Proud Registered User

Best quote of them yet.

"John Kampfner, chief executive of the Index on Censorship, provides a stout defence of free speech and WikiLeaks in the Independent.

The mainstream media in the UK are serial offenders. Newspapers that have no compunction about invasions of privacy or about shrill comment devote precious little time or energy to challenging authority through rigorous investigative journalism. Most political "scoops" are merely stories planted by politicians on pliant lobby hacks. Editors and senior journalists are habitually invited into MI5 and MI6 for briefings. These are affable occasions, often over lunch. There is no harm in that. What tends to happen, however, is that journalists are tickled pink by the attention. They love being invited to the "D-notice" committee to discuss how they can all behave "responsibly". It makes them feel important. Many suspend their critical faculties as a result.

Far from being "feral beasts", to use Tony Blair's phrase, the British media are overly respectful of authority. Newspapers and broadcasters tend to be suspicious of those who do not play the game, people like Mr Assange who are awkward outsiders. Some editors are quite happy to help the authorities in their denunciations of him, partly out of revenge for not being in his inner circle.

Rather than throwing stones, newspapers should be asking themselves why they did not have the wherewithal to hold truth to power."
  12. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

He's not been arrested, but there is a warrant for his arrest from what I understand.

Censorship of the net is stupidity. The internet was designed from the ground up to be decentralised and to route around holes and restrictions. Censorship is just another restriction to be bypassed.

One Republican congressman has been quoted as saying that Wikileaks should be designated a terrorist organisation. If telling the truth = terrorism, then ship me off to gitmo now ;)

All true, anyone remember this.... http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/blog/2009/apr/12/guido-fawkes-bloggers-scoops
  13. Congay

Congay Registered User

you fucking gays, wanking over bbc news hahaha
  14. TheSpence

TheSpence Registered User

Word from Iran: Mr Ahmadinejad shrugged off the leaks at a televised news conference on Monday, saying no-one should waste time reviewing the information.

"We don't think this information was leaked," he said. "We think it was organised to be released on a regular basis and they are pursuing political goals."
  15. BRID

BRID Has name in red. Staff

I'm with Ahmadinejad on this one.

Why should we believe anything these days. Illegal wars, torture ..... for all we know this 'leak' could have been carefully helped along.
  16. forks

forks still not dead

oh I don't think so on this one. Ahmedinejad not really one to be believed either
  17. Mike Louth

Mike Louth Digitally Imported

[​IMG]
    "What is this shit!"
  18. Rory Space

Rory Space Gonny wreck yir fuckin hoose. Sweat tits

19. Rory Space

Quality :this like lol:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tI1o6nHhwTc"]YouTube - WikiLeaks CableGate: A Look Inside The Wiki-Cave[/ame]
  20. Rory Space

Quality this like :D how i want my basement looking b4 2012 :lol:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tI1o6nHhwTc"]YouTube - WikiLeaks CableGate: A Look Inside The Wiki-Cave[/ame]