what do tunes remind you of?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by batfink, Feb 17, 2004.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. batfink

batfink Registered User

what do tunes remind you of?

past loves?
    drugs?
    spill the beans...

royksopp - eple remind me of going to a really cool club in reading.. i was by far the uncoolest (&youngest) person there.. wicked night though.
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. Glitter Angel

Glitter Angel Registered User

chicane - autumn tactis, trance classics a few years ago, me n daniel standing at the front, matt hardwick dropped it, just stood with daniel, it was lovely :D :love:

not sure what the other tune is called, but it reminds me of getting wrecked, its a HH tune which says "GET ME OUT OF HERE" in it, reminds me of being fucked coz everytime me n carrie end up getting ourselves into daft situations (like getting stuck in glasgow central station after doing trips pills n ket) we always look at eachother n go " GET ME OUT OF HERE!!!!"

Theres millions and billions of others that remind me of getting fucked and special clubbing moments, but these 2 stand out the most!
  4. moss

moss Registered User

Mauro Picotto - Pulsar, Many 'wrecked' nights at home, by the time that tune came on I was usually hammered (was a compilation album).
    I dont really like the tune tbh
  5. crasherkid

crasherkid Registered User

are you all ready - north!!! :D
  6. r3m1

r3m1 Registered User

Mis-teeq : all I want reminds me of driving into the back of a transit van at 30 mph.

Not good :evil:
  7. Rob

Rob Registered User

Daft punk - Da funk reminds me of going to stay with a mate in London. He was studying at london college of fashion and it was their 3rd years final show at Heaven. They played da funk when the models started coming down the cat walk and I fell in love right there (with the record).

In fact, I 'm gonna listen to it right now.:love:
  8. sarahatbeep

sarahatbeep Registered User

This is going to sound abit silly, but the first time i heard underworld - born slippy was while watching casualty absolute years ago think it must have been round 1996 when the tune came out, and i can still remember it to this day cos i absolutly loved this tune:D
  9. batfink

batfink Registered User

i think born slippy is gash...
    a tune that reminded me of promise when i think it was at it's peak (after/around the 2nd bday) was flutlicht mix of expander.. fucking class.
  10. bigdave

bigdave Registered User

chicane - autumn tactics

we mr bracegirdle et al play at xtravaganza @ priviledge a couple of years ago and they did this live!

the mostly spanish crowd were oging nuts and the sun was rising through the big glass walls in the side of the club!amazing!:love:
  11. Mozza

Mozza MOZZAN8 ST4TE-PHUTURE84

the NUXX version of born slippy is splendid!!!!! much better than the origional like!
  12. Guest

Jurrasic Five - Concrete Schoolyard reminds me of Monday nights in the NYSushi room at skool disco.

Satoshie Tomie - Love in traffic - reminds me of promise when i was 15/16 :love:
  13. Guest

I'm loving this thread. It's good to know how some songs affect people.

The Jam - That's Entertainment will always, always bring a tear to my eye.

When my grandma died recently my mam and auntie were clearing out her house, and they came across some of my aunties old vinyl. Some Rolling Stones, some Beatles, and every Jam record ever pressed it seemed. Me being the only family member with a turntable (or two) I got them. I put the Jam on and sat and listened to Thats Entertainment. Just such an amazing song.:cry: and ever since then it reminds me of my Grandma.

And Semisonic-Secret Smile reminds me of my ex lass (fuck knows how like, she never smiled!) In fact it doesnt remind me of anyone, I just really like to listen to it and think/ponder.
  14. Fitzy

Fitzy Registered User

Nik Denton Vs Testube Babies - i feel the friction

reminds me of the times me n clarki n murray used to travel down to nottingham to see may mates down there n have big ket weekends !

ahh those were the days ! :king:
  15. scruf

scruf Registered User

'dead leaves on the dirty ground' and 'hotel yorba' by the white stripes remind me of when i was working in america two years ago.. went to see them and the strokes live.. one of the best gigs ive ever been to :love:

'talkin bout my baby' by fatboy slim reminds me of the love weekend in 2001 walkin in and midfield general playin it.. the place went nuts! anyone remember his 'if the city wont let us party' message he put out up on the screens?? class..

the whole of the 2manyDJs album reminds me of gettin trashed on a sunday night last year... :)
  16. JockB

JockB Registered User

Massive attack - teardrops ... reminds me of cafe del mar one of my favourite spots everytime I hear it. :chill:
  17. Guest

That my favourite song ever!
  18. purvy

purvy Registered User

has to be harry choo choo romero - night at the black,
    delerium - silence (dj tiesto i.s.o.s. mix)

both remind me of mad things happenin when i first got into clubbin and goin out.
    remember when i had a few lil fellas in pacha and morrillo dropped night at the black the place went off like!
    quality memories;)
  19. eyeball

eyeball Registered User

way out west- mind circus reminds me of when i first started going out with my girlf

stylus trouble- sputnik reminds me of 2001, when i used to hear it at both promise and shindig

embrace- thats all changed forever and stone roses- made of stone remind me of my indie days

revolt- no more white lines and star 69 reminds me of my first promise

sister bliss- sister sister reminds me of my first shindig
  20. Dez

Dez Registered User

Was listening to that the other day. When you hear it in a club that noise is so intense you nearly shit yourself!
  21. eyeball

eyeball Registered User

it is a fucking awesome track

i remember pete heller dropping it at shindigs 9th bd in 2001, the place went crazy!
    nick warren dropped it at promise that year as well, what a tune!