What are the best phones on the market at the moment?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mr.B.ThatsMe, Jul 1, 2010.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Mr.B.ThatsMe

Mr.B.ThatsMe 'yi raji puff

What are the best phones on the market at the moment?

I can't and don't want to afford an iPhone as much as I'd like one, plus O2 won't give me any sort of discount since I had one the last time I renewed my contract, the bastards. If I can get an idea of which phone I'd like to get, I can ring back and see if they'd reconsider giving me a discount or try and get a better deal on it elsewhere. I'm not bothered about prices here I just want some recommendations on what to get and what not to get, then I'll see what prices I can find.

ps. I'm still using a Nokia N95 that I got from my first contract 3 years ago so I know nothing about the new styles of phones that have evolved since ;)
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. Rory Space

Rory Space Gonny wreck yir fuckin hoose. Sweat tits

I'm pretty much on the same boat as u mate, I was going to get the iPhone 4 but seemingly i'll have to wait for it.

Anyway Ive had a good mess about with alot of the new stuff & the best thing I've held sinse the iPhone is the new HTC Desire, its fucking amazing, super fast browsing etc, decent cam, lovely screen size u name it.

I'm due my upgrade a week today so more than likely going to get the Desire :)

Think it's a minimum of £30 a month from most of the providers aswell.
  4. Aaron!

Aaron! Coming soon...

I've got a Desire and it's fantastic.

Others i'd say Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 if you want a really good camera as the main feature of the phone, It's running android 1.6 (Desire is running 2.1 and due the Froyo upgrade early this quarter) and the X10 is getting upgraded later in the year.

HTC Evo has had good reviews. Google Nexus One is meant to be a quality handset but it's only avaliable in the States (We got the Desire instead).
  5. Chewy

Chewy I'd fist it

Anything Android based (as above HTC Desire, Xperia etc)
  6. carter

carter

Nexus One is available on Vodafone, think the HTC Desire is a better option anyway.

Been looking in to iPhone alternatives and the HTC Desire looks as good, if not better. Only problem with it is that it's not the iPhone brand if you know what I mean. I'm getting an HTC tomorrow, got 10 days to change my mind.

Choosing a phone these days is hard work, seems like a big commitment.
  7. Aaron!

Aaron! Coming soon...

You probably won't regret the choice.

Few apps to recommend...

settings profiles (Full)
    3g Watchdog (If your not on an unlimited data lpan or just want to keep an eye on what data your using)
    Layar - allows you to use the camera, gps and compass to find things (for example the nearest train station) just by turning the phone around.
    Astro File Manager
    Gmote - Use your desire to control your media on your pc or stream media to your phone wirelessly.

For watching TV on the go i don't think tv catchuop works so try browsing to yamgo on the internet and stream them that way.
  8. Mr.B.ThatsMe

I've ordered a HTC Desire. £25 per month, 600 texts, 500 mins, 3GB internet and a free 4gb memory card and in-car charger plus 3 months insurance free. Only bummer is it's a 2 year contract but I've had my N95 for 3 years now so I'm not that fussed..
  9. LeeTheMackem

LeeTheMackem Lets Cacky Tash Him

which networks that on?
  10. Mr.B.ThatsMe

It's on T-Mobile. mobilephonesdirect. Found the offer on hotukdeals. Suits me a lot better than paying a fortune for the iPhone
  11. Rory Space

Rory Space Gonny wreck yir fuckin hoose. Sweat tits

Really good deal that, mines about the same accept i'm havin to pay £30 on Orange :cry:

Mint phone imo :up:
  12. Mr.B.ThatsMe

Just got mine, loving it so far! Not keen on the touch screen texting though.. I'm used to not really looking at the screen when I write a text and now I have to give it my full attention.
  13. Carson

Carson Registered User

Try paying £78 a month for your phone. :lol: :lol:
  14. MistaK

MistaK Modulations Staff

:eek::eek::eek:

is that what your paying like?
  15. Carson

Carson Registered User

It's what I'm suppose to pay, had a free phone since Xmas.
  16. MistaK

MistaK Modulations Staff

:lol: :king:
  17. Mr.B.ThatsMe

Right I have a question about this HTC Desire of mine. If I shut down/don't open apps such as the facebook app, will I be able to recieve notifications in real time whenever someone leaves me a msg etc? So far I'm getting nothing but I'm not 100% sure if I had the app 'open' or not. I'd like to think that the phone will notify me regardless though.. I don't want to constantly be checking whether facebook is open as I don't really use it unless someone sends me a message or tags me in photos. I'd rather not think about it and have notifications come through like an sms or some sort of pop up like on the iPhone.

The settings for the facebook app has options for 'send sms', and various sound and vibrate options as well as choosing which types of notifications you wish to be notified of. I've set it to notify me of everything, with sound, vibration and in the form of an sms. No joy as of yet even though I've been sent messages.

*Ah nuts.. I think it's because the minimum refresh interval available to choose from is 30 minutes. I just got a notification for a msg that was sent 20mins ago. Also, I think maybe the app updated because the 'send as sms' option has disappeared.. unless I was using something else originally? :|