Torture in Saddam's Iraq

Discussion in 'News & Current Affairs' started by Rob, Sep 21, 2006.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Rob

Rob Registered User

Torture in Saddam's Iraq

When you hear all the lefties going on about how we should not of gone into Iraq just reading this makes it obvious that we did the right thing when this sort of torture was going on....

"The UN report says detainees' bodies often show signs of beating using electrical cables, wounds in heads and genitals, broken legs and hands, electric and cigarette burns.

Bodies found at the Baghdad mortuary "often bear signs of severe torture including acid-induced injuries and burns caused by chemical substances".

Many bodies have missing skin, broken bones, back, hands and legs, missing eyes, missing teeth and wounds caused by power drills or nails, the UN report says."

Oh sorry, my mistake this is actually describing Iraq under US control this year.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/5368360.stm

Shocking.
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. andy_rocks

andy_rocks Registered User

The mess we have left Iraq in is a disgrace. :down:

We've caused untold civilian casulties, destroyed too much of their infrastructure and strengthened the position of the Iranians, to remove a dictator of low threat to us.

It staggers me that Blair/Bush were reelected.
  4. psycaholic

psycaholic Registered User

Re: Torture in Saddam's Iraq

yeah I agree it is shocking but it really doesn't go in to the fact's of this that much think about it though who are the prisoners (the ex security staff no doubt) or saddams men, men that for over 35 years have reigned terror in the hearts of the very men that are now their captors men that have murdered , maimed and tortured Iraqi men women and children for many years , fuckin dam right the new services would want to reap revenge for the hundreds of thousands of innocent people killed and tortured through out saddams reign of terror , I don't condone it one little bit mind , but I understand it this is a fundamental time for Iraq , and a time when all the world should not just point and say ooh look at this it , look at that . media propaganda is beyond control tbh and lets face it they will distort the truth to sell a story , but just think this , whilst yes this story IS horrific but it is happening to a hand full of people in a hand full of prison's to people who have killed raped and feared a nation for decades under saddam this happened in EVERY prison to THOUSANDS of people every week their crime speaking against their leader free thinking

I cant believe that such an educated bunch you'd can de so naive about the middle east as a whole , if you jumped off the pc band wagon for just a second you would see the bigger picture that the middle east has had decades to sort it's self out with the west sat on the side lines ok back then was not so much of a threat to us a couple of AK's maybe some rockets and a big desert to fight it out on but now they're getting strong and nuke and im sorry but fanatics with nukes aint good you have seen the destruction they can do with coke bottles and fertilizer
  5. Yosef Ha'Kohain

Yosef Ha'Kohain Registered User

In defence of the US Manfred Nowak (the UN's chief anti-torture campaigner) made these claims without actually visiting Iraq :dunce:
  6. Yosef Ha'Kohain

Re: Re: Torture in Saddam's Iraq

wrong.
  7. wallyjumblat

wallyjumblat Registered User

8. Yosef Ha'Kohain

9. andy_rocks

andy_rocks Registered User

I don't doubt that many Iraqi's are glad to see the back of Saddam; I am too - I just don't think it was worth the cost.
  10. wallyjumblat

wallyjumblat Registered User

Re: Re: Re: Torture in Saddam's Iraq

oops bit tired trhis morning should have gone through that :dunce: :rolleyes:
  11. psycaholic

predictable
  12. Rob

Rob Registered User

Yes I did note that, he also said that he is still not sure if the toruture is worse than it was under Saddam. I think that if is even in the same ball park we have failed.

It's still very, very bad though isn't it? I'd love to talk to Tony Blair for an hour about why they did this and if they feel that they (US and it's supporters) have let down the people of Iraq.

I can't see how an intelligent man can maintain that we did the right thing, even if he is a lawyer lol.
  13. Rob

Rob Registered User

Can you please answer these questions...

How was Iraq not 'sorted' pre invasion? Please put your answer in the context of the actions and policies of other dictatorships in the world.

Did Iraq have nukes?

Other than nukes did Iraq have any way of launching an attack on the US or the UK? If so how?

What makes you think Saddam was a fanatic?

Did he ever threaten to use any of his weapons (that he didn't have according to the UN) against us? If so when?

Was there any link between Saddam and any terrorist? If so who was he linked to and when?

I'm interested in your answers, if you feel the invasion was legal or moral which you appear to.
  14. forks

forks still not dead

ming campbell's speech yesterday re government policies.........

"In Iraq we are approaching a state of civil war.
    Hundreds dying every week.
    Terrorism taking root.
    And all the while, Guantanamo Bay stands as a shameful affront to justice and the rule of law.
    Secret Prisons, rendition, the suspicion of torture.
    How can those who operate outside the rule of law argue credibly for its observance in Iraq?

Security is not being gained, it is being lost.
    Terrorism is not being defeated, it is being invigorated.
    Freedom is not being spread, it is being undermined."
  15. forks

forks still not dead

I've rarely read such a load of crap. You have no idea who the torture victims are, or even who the torturers are. They could be former Sadaams men. Or not. Torture is WRONG.

Is it happening to a handful of people? Does that make it ok then?

Do you really beleive that the west has 'sat on the sidelines" for the past decades? we are intimately implicated in all the middle east shit for the past 150 years at least.

And if you want to talk about fanatics with nukes then look no farther than george (armageddon) bush.
  16. Yosef Ha'Kohain

How can you claim that the torture is worse if youre writing the report in Jordan and basing it on second hand stories?

A report should follow investigation, not interviews!
  17. Yosef Ha'Kohain

Nope, the IDF saw to that :up:

Andy didn't make that claim, he was talking about the human rights of the Iraqi population?

He murdered hundreds of thousands of Iraqi's, Kurds, Iranians and other such opposition... He practised chemical warfare... He had a legacy of invading nations... He had his own family murdered.... Do you want me to go on?

So its ok to murdered thousands of non-whites?

Carlos the Jackal, Abu Nidal and Abu Abbas to name but a few.
  18. forks

forks still not dead

it's hard to imagine how you could investigate torture other than interveiwing people who claim to have been tortured.
    Asking the security services if they tortured anyone won't work.
  19. Yosef Ha'Kohain

You visit the sites, interview the alledged perpetrators, visit the morgues, perform autopsies on the victims!

You can't base your opinion on the odd story you hear from refugees.
  20. psycaholic

Can you please answer these questions...

Q.How was Iraq not 'sorted' pre invasion? Please put your answer in the context of the actions and policies of other dictatorships in the world.

A. he was still talking shit about the enemy being the west and financing international terrorism even if you fuckin muppets still cant see the WORLD is a better place .

Q. Did Iraq have nukes?

A. OK maybe he didn't but put it this way you r out in bigg market and some lad is taken swings at you would you wait till he had a broke bottle in his hand before you fought back or would you rather sort it before he armed him self . me personally I don't care weather he had em when we invaded I couldn't give a shit with what this man has done to his OWN people over the years I would have invaded his palace if he was armed with a catapult and a spud gun!!!! the man is evil he HAS used WMD even if they were primitive (murder of northern Kurds)

Q.Other than nukes did Iraq have any way of launching an attack on the US or the UK? If so how?

A. did Bin Liner ? no but he still killed 3.500 Americans on their own soil he still managed to kill in London

What makes you think Saddam was a fanatic? I didn't say saddam was a fanatic I said the middle east is full of them

Q. Did he ever threaten to use any of his weapons (that he didn't have according to the UN) against us? If so when?

A.again I never said he did I , I was making out that the middle east IS a threat to the west as proven today with the announcement that al Q are now threatening France who opposed any invasion of Iraq

Q.Was there any link between Saddam and any terrorist? If so who was he linked to and when?

A. it would be naive of any one to say otherwise but just cos we CANT prove it ! doesn't mean it isn't so

I'm interested in your answers, if you feel the invasion was legal or moral which you appear to.
  21. psycaholic

Originally posted by **********

I don't condone it one little bit mind , but I understand it

obviously you cant fucking read then can you