That 3 Year Old..

Discussion in 'News & Current Affairs' started by Sweeney, May 6, 2007.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Sweeney

Sweeney Registered User

That 3 Year Old..

...who has been abducted in Portugal, while I have all the sympathy in the world for the poor lass. Am I the only person who thinks that the parents deserve every little bit of anguish that they are going through at the minute for being so careless and stupid to leave a 3 year old and 2 year old twins alone in an apartment while they went out for a meal? :mad:
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. Mr.B.ThatsMe

Mr.B.ThatsMe 'yi raji puff

The first thing I thought when I head it on the news was "why the hell would you leave them alone?". They were also apparently checking on them every 30mins but I have my doubts for some reason.
  4. 1615634792921.png
  5. trance_fan

trance_fan Registered User

OK there are questions that will need to be asked about being left alone, but i'd hardly say that they deserve any of what happened as a result.

Plus, even if the parents were there doesn't really mean that it wouldn't have happened - just look at what happened to that 5 year old when she was in the bath a year or so ago....with the parents in the next room.

I just hope shes found safe, otherwise they will never be able to forgive themselves.
  6. Ruth

Ruth Registered User

i feel for them but no parent should leave a 3 yr old & 2 yr old twins in a room by themselves...
  7. Rossy

Rossy . Staff

I'm not sure that I could really criticize them at all, it's happened by a complete freak chance. I wonder how many times since they were born they could have realistically left them in the house alone while they went round the corner and nothing would have happened to them (apart from when they were really young of course).

Just unlucky I'd say.
  8. trance_fan

surely thats unrealistic though? what about when they are in bed at night at home?

These things happen from time to time; i'd hardly say the fault lies with the parents

Plus on top of all that they were in a classy place considered very safe indeed
  9. Ruth

Ruth Registered User

sorry but there is no way i'd leave my kids in a hotel room by themselves to go for a meal. i wiuldn't leave them in the house by themselves either.

there was creche type facilities or take your kids out for food with you.
  10. Sweeney

Sweeney Registered User

It was totally irresponsible parenting, they should have the other two kids taken off them I think
  11. Chris S

Chris S Monkey Tennis?

no where is safe these days! dont take risks!
  12. Rossy

Rossy . Staff

Yeah, lets just fuck all their lives up. They hardly deserve a witch hunt because they lost out to chance.
  13. trance_fan

what a rediculous comment that is

you are continuing to ignore the fact that this can and does happen in peoples homes while the parents are there! Suppose the kids are in bed in one room and the parents are relaxing in another....it could still happen. A five year old girl was taken when she was in the bath, with her parents in the next room.

Would it still be their fault if she was taken when they were in the apartment?
  14. Sweeney

Sweeney Registered User

No it wouldnt. The fact that she was taken isnt the issue here the point I am making is that they shouldnt have put thier children at risk by leaving them unattended, anything could have happened to them.
  15. Sweeney

Sweeney Registered User

Yes that is bad luck and nothing can be done about it there are some sick people in this world. But by leaving your young children unnattended while youre out wining and dining it sort of increases the likelyhood that something like this will happen doesnt it??
  16. trance_fan

Of course, but I just don't think it's fair to say it's happened because of the parents negligence.

It could still have happened if they were eating in the apartment, athough admittedly it's alot less likely. I still think it's unfair to blame them outright, they will already be having a hard enough time dealing with it without outsiders judging them.

People make mistakes....seems here though that they could end up paying the ultimate price :(
  17. Sweeney

Sweeney Registered User

I really hope they dont :(
  18. RAVERBABY1980

RAVERBABY1980 hardcore to the bone

i think there is more to this than is being brought out.
    the holiday company
    the workers at the hotel
    and other guests
    are the only people that would have known that children were in that room....i think the outcome will be someone very close to these categories.

hope to god she is found safe tho :(
  19. Shit_Kicker

Shit_Kicker Fighting Bakey Limbo

For certain security isnt as strict over there as it is over here

would have thought at the very least CCTV would have been installed especially as it being a "Family resort"
  20. Shortee

Shortee back of the net

This happening is every parents nightmare, Its harsh blaming the parents, but, being a parent myself I would never leave my son in an apartment in a foreign country alone whilst sleeping, whether I was next door or across the street, I wouldnt do it at home so I certainly wouldnt abroad.

I wouldnt say the parents are to blame but this would have been prevented had they been more cautious.

I feel for the parents and I really hope she is found safe and well :(
  21. adam.

adam. kthxbi

like that would be any help at all ?

'aye they've already lost one kid, lets take the other off them too and brand them irresponsible parents infront of the worlds media'

they'd end up fucking topping themselves.

i wouldnt be surprised if the abductor turned out to be someone who worked/had access to the hotel they stayed in.
  22. JIMI

JIMI Not an Administrator

either on a messenger of death or a naval base

i totally agree with what ure trying 2 say altho i dont agree with the other kids being taken off them

and dont like what the media is saying, brave

HOW ARE THEY BRAVE?

stupid for leaving ure kids in a room 50 yards away,

if it was a family resort there would be babysitters

and it would be there job 2 look after the kids in that resort so the parents cud get pissed
  23. Rob

Rob Registered User

I don't wish what has happened to them on anyone but I like many other people was amazed that they thought it was cool to leave 3 toddlers alone while going to a nearby restaurant.

Being in the next room is fine, going down the road for a meal is not, I have a feeling it's actually illegal in the UK?