Smacking Ban Rejected

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ManofScience, Nov 3, 2004.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

?

Should we be able to smack our own children?

1. Yes

21 vote(s)
    87.5%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. eermmm... umm... i can't decide for myself

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ManofScience

ManofScience Guest

Smacking Ban Rejected

Anyone agree it deserves a COMPLETE ban on smacking children?

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/041102/325/f5tcr.html

thank god for that in my opinion. How much of a nanny state do they want us to live in where they control how much we disipline our own children? it's these same liberal lefties who let kids 'divorce' their own parents.........

the claims companies will probably now start targeting kids " have u been hurt, battered or belted in the last few years? wanna sue your parents?" it's an upside down world at the moment.
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. Ruth

Ruth Registered User

there is a difference in disciplining your child & beating them... if they'd banned smacking it was basically saying by smacking them wehn they've been naughty is wrong...& imo its right to do that...hopefully means they won't do it again! :)
  4. dodgy

dodgy rowr kitty super meow cat

All the little buggers deserve a good clip round the ear... :D
  5. Guest

Yes.

I learnt valubale lessons on what i can and cant do from getting a few smacks. Only way kids will learn that they have to stick to rules is by getting a smack, and by smack i mean just that........i dont mean giving them bruises n shit.
  6. Ruth

Ruth Registered User

knowing where you're from hun, smack means chasing ye old dragon! ;)
  7. Jill

Jill Registered User

Agreed. If either of my parents smacked me I knew I was out of line and had to stop (most of the time anyway, when I wasn't being a little shit :D).
  8. Guest

Pah! Do some work :p
  9. Cookee

Cookee Registered User

Maybe they should spend more time and money on helping kids that really are beaten and neglected instead of trying to tell us how to discipline our brats :rolleyes:
  10. Ruth

Ruth Registered User

i am dear...i'm doing research into smackheads from boro! :p

i'm also playing battleships! :king:
  11. Mrs Jon Wayne

Mrs Jon Wayne

i agree, anyway sometimes they need a good smack, didnt do me any harm.:D
  12. casy

casy Dirty Slut

i've got a little girl and i sware she's a little shit sometimes, and if she wasn't 2 and a bit ad giv her a clip without a doubt!!! there's one thing smacking and another beating...but how do you distinquish between them both??? one persons idea of a clip puts another person in bed for a week!!
  13. Mrs Jon Wayne

Mrs Jon Wayne

my little girl is 6, she doesnt get a smack often but she knows when she has done something really naughty, just have to threaten her with n she behaves.
    dunno how anyone can really hurt them, it does do yr head in n sometimes u get angry but no child can wind u up to the extent where they end up really hurt or marked.
  14. casy

casy Dirty Slut

when you smack your kids tho, i think people don't do it with intention to hurt or mark them, i think a little clip on the hand when after hours of giving them an earbashing is fine, as long as it's only little and proves the point.... there's no point in really hurting your kid'swhen you want them to behave, coz wen they're older and want something themselves they're gonna grow up thinking the way forward is to bash the hell out of someone and get what ya want, that's how we end uo with bullies!
  15. casy

casy Dirty Slut

haven't you noticed all the doo gooders with kids are the ones who's kids are proper little b***tards!!! i know one of my mam's m8's who doesnt even raise her voice and her kids spit at people in the street!
  16. Mrs Jon Wayne

Mrs Jon Wayne

yeah i totally agree, people take things too far. them adverts r horrible on the tv, makes me feel sick when they come on.
  17. Ruth

Ruth Registered User

if a kid spat at me in the street i'd smack the little fucker! no need to have a lack of respect whether parents discipline their kids or not!
  18. Mrs Jon Wayne

Mrs Jon Wayne

19. casy

casy Dirty Slut

like for instance back to the charva's....makes me wonder what they've seen to be the way they are!! i can rememeber being jumped on when i was 14 because somebody elses boyf whistled @ me on the way home from ballet, they broke my nose and stamped on my back! it was only 7 girls all of whom were like in my last year of school, i didn't go to school for weeks coz i was so scared! :(
  20. casy

casy Dirty Slut

actually i'm quite upset again by that story :( should let it go now! was only 6 years ago!!!
  21. Ruth

Ruth Registered User

are you laughing at me??

i tell u waht i should rule the world! no 1 would be bad cos they'd either die or suffer the fate of smoking resin whilst the rest of us smoked skunk cos i'd legalise weed!

anyon ethat dared to argue...ooop's thats you off the skunk list...you can make the j's for me & my friends but you're not allowed to smoke any ner ner ner ner ner ner :up: