Should Imigration be halted due to the recession?

Discussion in 'News & Current Affairs' started by Congay, Jan 14, 2009.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Congay

Congay Registered User

Should Imigration be halted due to the recession?

With UK business in freefall and unemployment rocketing with the UK to have the highest unemployment in the EU in a years time, is it time we stopped Foreign people entering the uk?

The argument FOR immigration is to fill jobs we wont do but we are going to HAVE TO do them with the welfare reforms and lack of work people cant pick or choose.

The last two days local papers have seen stories about race crime rising with attacks on Polish in NCL and loads of racist graffiti in SUN.

All this and we are just a few months in, do we act now or risk massive unrest on streets?

Like iv said all along people only put up with immigrants taking jobs and claiming benefits BECAUSE THEY WHERE SORTED TOO.. they have had good years.. they could have whatever they wanted credit and money was easy, now people cant afford fuck all but they see Tomas, Petre and Abdul swanning about in new clobber with flat screen tv's with 7 kids they arnt going to let them walk past are they?

The government has said it has no plans to reduced the influx..
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. Jase

Jase Blue Booked

4. Congay

Congay Registered User

I bet the Polish have seperate dinner tables in Nissan now...
  5. forks

forks still not dead

and stop all the brits leaving too
  6. Ferox

Ferox Shamanic Tea

I've taken a few Aussie jobs since I've been here. My Aussie lass will be coming back with me in March and taking a job of a Brit - fair trade.
  7. forks

forks still not dead

coming over here with your filthy oz stealing our jobs. It should be stopped I tell you
  8. Ferox

Ferox Shamanic Tea

There you go with your Nazi ideals again

In all seriousness, don't think many of us would class an average Aussie, Kiwi or Canadian as a dirty foreigner. The cultures and genetics are too similar.
  9. BRID

BRID Has name in red. Staff

Immigration is not something our government gives a toss about.

The only people who are affected by it, and voice an opinion about it (valid or not) are the people in the towns and cities who feel that its not benefiting them.

I'm not a racist person, but the idea of economic migration merely for the purposes of importing Labour voters, driving down wages and quality of life while forcing UK into being more of a principality of an EU superstate rather than its own country .... Im against.

Having said that, theres a vast difference to me between encouraging people to a country to collectively reap the benefits like say Canada or OZ is doing (Or to a smaller extent the UK after WWII with the asian community) .... and what we have right now which is just a vast social experiment with no actual benefits at the end of it.
  10. Congay

Congay Registered User

I everyday life they intrigrate more easily so its not as in yr face but I know on the work place once they are sitting next to you they same things are thought and said about them.. Who was at that after party ages ago when thei New Zealand bird started kicking off cos someone said imigrants should go home, hilarious
  11. Jase

Jase Blue Booked

there was an article in the daily mail today about them scrapping the current system and giving out more passports to foreigners

anyone not applying for a passport have to turn around and go home

there was also something about not getting any benefits until they had been in the country over a year and adapted to our way of living, including having to do volunteer work within the community

seems like a step forward in the long run, but not really a benefit for the current climate

as a side note, it does seems a little bit weird that we dont really consider kiwi's/oz/canadians as foreigners just because they share a lot of our ways and speak the same language - funny the yanks dont get that kind of treatment though :lol:
  12. forks

forks still not dead

could it be that they have white skins and speak English?
  13. forks

forks still not dead

14. BRID

BRID Has name in red. Staff

I just find it hard to believe that prior to a massive wave of immigration from eastern europe that those things you just mentioned were in dire need of vast waves of economic migrants.

Its a tough one since nearly every experience i have of anyone from eastern europe or wherever is completely positive and they work their arses off etc etc

.... but theres something wrong to me about seeing armies of foreign faces working in fields for fuck all money, and hearing stories of cockle pickers being killed en-masse .... It stinks of a whole 'them and us' culture that you see in America, which leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

I think i'd rather see integration of foreigners into british society, as opposed to waves of people being pushed into working like dogs to support our arrogant opinions of ourselves and what we think we are too good enough to do ourselves.
  15. Ferox

Ferox Shamanic Tea

The fact that shitloads of us want to one day move to either three helps. Can't really complain about the number or Aussies and Kiws coming over to the UK as more of us go over there. And its not all skilled migrants who are wanted who are here, a lot (I would say most) are bending the rules and getting Irish/British companies to sponsor them them as a skilled worker, even if they have no skills whatsoever and are just labourers, receptionists etc (I've seen this happen). I could stay here now on a defacto visa if I want as (puts on cliched Indian accent) I have Aussie girlfriend, I claim Aussie residency after two years on defacto visa.

I would love someone to say "Fuck off back home to Australia " to an Australian. 99% of people would want to add "but take me with you" in at the end :lol:
  16. forks

forks still not dead

the fact that they are working proves we did.

I agree wholeheartedly about the exploitation issue though. It makes me feel bad to see people paid nothing to work like dogs picking carrots or whatever. but not enough to stop me buying the cheap carrots though
    but all you staunch nationalists surely wouldn't want to see stalwart British workers exploited in their stead. which is what would have to happen if they all went home.
  17. Congay

Congay Registered User

Isnt Austrailia the least populated country IN THE WORLD?

While we are the MOST POPULATED.

You have had too much sun
  18. Ferox

Ferox Shamanic Tea

Go further than 100 miles from the coast and most of it is arid desert, plus there is hardly any water here. You can get fined for using over 150 liters a day.
  19. claire

claire Beautifully Bad

No wonder you say you have to explain yourself so much when you talk such utter nonsense.
  20. Congay

Congay Registered User

T*** out
  21. Play

Play Registered User