[Sep 23, 2011] DS.NE 23rd SEPTEMBER @ DIGITAL NIGHTCLUB NEWCASTLE (NE1 4EP)

Discussion in 'Going Out' started by Conway, Jul 29, 2011.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

[​IMG]

Friday 23rd September 2011
    Digital Society Presents DS.NE tour
    Digital Nightclub
    Times Square, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 4EP
    www.facebook.com/digitalso​cietyleeds

Main Room
    ANDY MOOR
    JOHN ASKEW
    MAX GRAHAM
    GARY PROUD
    MK X

Room 2/ UK Residents
    SEAN TRUBY (Infrasonic, Spinnin)
    Mick Lindsay B2B Dan Hawkins (Beetroots) / Chris Hutchinson (Goodgreef)
    Daniel Charlton / Mr Careful
    Kristian Murphy B2B Nathan Green

TICKETS: £10 Early Birds (limited available) | £13 Advanced | MOTD
    www.yourfutureisdigital.com| http://www.ticketweb.co.uk/user/?region=gb_northeast&query=detail&event=462779

LOCAL OUTLETS:
    Beatdown Records – Newcastle
    RPM Records – Newcastle
    Union Clothing – Newcastle
    Soundware – Newcastle
    Psyche – Middlesbrough
    Triads – Middlesbrough

TRRAVEL INFO: www.eastcoast.co.uk | www.thetrainline.com

You can be assured that anything with the Digital Society name attached is going to command attention. If you were unlucky enough to miss the epic launch party back in April heres a little reminder: 6 strong laser spectacular, 4 International Trance Superstars, 1 packed Warehouse and a truly memorable launch event. And this 2nd installment of it's North East residency is no exception...

September 23rd sees Digital Society return to the North East hosting it's world renowned, critically acclaimed Club concept at what DJ Mag voted there 6th best Club in the world - Digital Newcastle.
    Headlining this Trance spectacle is North East exclusive, Grammy-award nominated Andy Moor. A groundbreaking DJ and Producer in the electronic dance music scene. In his illustrious career, Andy has established a distinct, edgy and creative sound that is all his own. This sound, combined with his technical perfection led him to be highly ranked in the DJ Mag Top 100 for the past 6 years. In 2009 he was nominated for the DJ Awards, in 2006 he won "Best Dance Record" at the International Dance Music Awards, and in 2004 he won "Best Trance Producer" and "Best Trance Track". Owner of the highly respected AVA Recordings record label, producer of the 'Moor Music podcast' and producer & remixer to the star's.

Supporting Andy is a DJ that needs no introduction, JOHN ASKEW is without doubt one of the hottest tech/trance producer/djs in the world.
    Over the last decade his productions and remixes have seen massive support from Eddie Halliwell, Tiesto, Armin van Buuren and Paul van Dyk who has employed John’s remix skills repeatedly on his highly respected Vandit label. After the huge successes of his singles “Vellum”, “The Door” and “New Dimension” and “Chime”, John has gone on to deliver a catalogue of big singles including “Nothing Left Between Us”, “Fade to Black”, “Bored of You, Bored of Me” “Vandalism” and more recently "Fucking Caps Lock". A career spawning 2 Artist Albums "Lower the Tone" and "Z List Uber Star" and a world famous BBC Radio 1 Essential Mix John has recorded and released albums from all over the world – including London, Beirut and Los Angeles. From exclusive residencies at 2 of the World’s most influential clubs (The Gallery and Ministry of Sound in London) to a constant stream of high profile guest slots around the world.

MAX GRAHAM has been flown in direct from Montreal to provide his signature sound. From his early Trance hits “Airtight” and “I Know You’re Gone” to his 2010 Vocal smashes “Sun in the Winter” and “Nothing Else Matters” Max clearly knows how to make, and play, records that both get you dancing and touch you emotionally. Along with these hits in 2010 Max also released his first full length artist album “Radio”, collaborated with Markus Schulz and started his own acclaimed radio show entitled “Cycles Radio” on DI.FM. Tied in with the show was the release of his own branded double CD “Cycles Two” a two hour mix of Trance and Progressive mixed by the man himself. Fast forward to 2011 and you’ll find the release of Max’s next bomb “So Caught Up” with Neev Kennedy. Released on his own label “Re*brand Records” it’s received multiple plays on the biggest radio show’s in the world such as ASOT and TATW as well as being featured on Armin Van Buuren’s cd “A State of Trance 2011”. He plays a brand of dance music that, while containing primarily Trance and Progressive, is by no means closed to great music from all genres. His sets have rocked over 65 countries in his glittering career and show no signs of slowing down.

UK residents rounding off this huge bill of International acts, providing support over 2 rooms at this unmissable event are in the name of Local hero and Vandit Records new boy Gary Proud, Infrasonic Recordings head honcho MK X, up and coming Trance master Sean Truby, North East firm favoruites Mik Lindsay and Dan Hawkins, Goodgreef and Farm Parties Chris Hutchinson, DS.NE competition winner Daniel Charlton, Awsum White's Mr Careful and new rising stars Kristian Murphy and Nathan Green.
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. BRID

BRID Has name in red. Staff

Location on the FB says Digital?!
  4. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

5. Ash1

Ash1 Registered User

Ahh, thats a shame, was hoping they would continue at Hoults - maybe a reason for the gap - obviously some problem with booking the place as I'm sure after the last one the venue would not have been in question
  6. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

I'm not sure the info above is completely correct mind, all of the crack I've heard about the next DS:NE is that it's going to be in october, not september.

I thought the first one at the warehouse was mint :up:
  7. hummel

hummel Fucking imbecile

I'll not be attending if it's at Digital. SIGH!
  8. Magpie

Magpie Registered User

Why?
  9. Ash1

Ash1 Registered User

The venue is more accessible to chavs, the atmosphere is never the same as Hoults, the 'big' room is just not the same (layout/Height DJ Booth)
  10. Scotty

Scotty Internet Weirdo

Pop a 40 and check your rollies - its Blyth Tyme!
    I think the venue made it different, being at digital would feel the same as any other night they put on there imo
  11. Ash1

Ash1 Registered User

The Gatecrashers and Godskitchens never fully took off there, I can't see any others getting out of it what the night would deserve. But, never say never - it may be different
  12. hummel

hummel Fucking imbecile

The other lads have pretty much summed it up. I've never liked Digital as a Venue, just has no atmosphere at all. Houltts has an amazing feel too it for that event and I much prefered it as a Venue for such an event.
  13. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

The last DS felt more like promise at the warehouse :up:
  14. Magpie

Magpie Registered User

I agree with you all on the whole to an extent but if the final line-up is as good as it could be it certainly wouldn't stop me going.

It's a bit like Godskitchen at Air, I absolutely despise the club itself but if the line-up's stellar I'd still go. Cutting your nose off to spite your face etc.
  15. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

I suppose it depends on how much effort the lads put into giving the venue the DS treatment.

The warehouse looked amazing with the lightshow/lasers they put on, if they can make that work in digital it'll make the place look completely different.
  16. Magpie

Magpie Registered User

All they need is that laser setup back and everything will be cushty!
    Conway likes this.
  17. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

18. Ash1

Ash1 Registered User

Yes, they would make a difference!
  19. adam.

adam. kthxbi

Ill definitely be there like. Plus ill have moved into my new house by then so afters on!

FAO Proudy/DSNE

Lower the amount of strobes in there. Im by no means epileptic but i swear to God i nearly died that night.
  20. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

21. Micko_Harriso

Micko_Harriso Say Energy!!

I'll be disappointed if it is at Digital, but I'll still go. Agree with the comments about the strobes as well!!

If there's rumours about October, I'll go for the same night as Detox & Tyas can play both :)