SATA Hard Drive problem

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Rory Space, Sep 8, 2011.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Rory Space

Rory Space Gonny wreck yir fuckin hoose. Sweat tits

Areet!

Just wondering if any of you can shed some light on a problem I've been having.

Fucked my System32 boot files by pulling the plug on the laptop, forgetting the battery wasn't in. Once I tried to boot back up it was asking for the windows 7 dvd for the drivers. So i stuck it in and tried every repair option, but nothing worked. I then decided the quickest option was to format the fucker so I went to do a clean install of windows & was faced with 2 partitions, one would let me install windows on it, so after going ahead it started to do a clean install, then it just stopped with some #blabla error code. It just refused to format the partitions so I deleted them both, restarted, got back to the "select partition that you want to install windows to" screen & it just remains blank, it won't pick up my SATA drive at all when trying to install windows, I've tried honestly everything.

By the way it does see it in BIOS, but windows installation can't see shit. Could this be bad sectors = it being goosed?. I've also tried it in another good working laptop so i doubt it's my actual laptop or a RAID driver problem. The version of windows is the full version of 7 ultimate.

Anyway I've took the peace of shit back to the shop & they told me they'll test it & if it's goosed they'll give me a new one tomorrow. Just wondering if anyone has had this problem, I've worked with computers for years & never came across this problem.

Soz for the s.a, any info would really be appreciated. No doubt it'll happen again in the future :lol: I'm fucking cursed.

Cheers :)
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

It's either your SATA controller mode or your hard drive.

Try turning SATA Native mode off in your BIOS. Set it to AHCI or IDE compatible and see what happens.

Had the same problem with my HP 6910p, once windows is installed, install the SATA drivers for the controller and you can change it back to Native without any problems.
  4. Rory Space

Cheers conz, tbh I think it's the hard drive, b4 I deleted the partitions it wouldn't even let me format them, it would start doing it then fail within a minute giving me some error box. I put the hard drive in another laptop & that laptop wouldn't pick the hard drive up either, think it's fucked like. Got to go to the shop tomorrow around half 5 & he'll either hand me it back & say it's ok or hand me a new 1 lol. I'm hoping it's the drive.

What a fuck on this has been though :( lost quite a bit of data... Like all my conspiracy work :p maybe this is a godsend :lol:

Ah conz, meant to say I don't have that option, it's a phoenixCore motherboard I saw a few people with them didn't have those options. I did see IDE Removable though but that wouldn't work either
  5. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

What model of laptop is it? Post it on here and I'll see if I can find some instructions for you :up:
  6. Rory Space

Think all is ok mate, stuck my sisters hard drive out her laptop in mine last night just to see if it would pick it up & sure enough it ran great & windows picked up the partitions no bother, I'm 99.9% sure now that it's my hard drive so should have a new one later on, if I make it home on time to pick it up that is! lol
  7. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

Download Spinrite and run it on your laptop hard-drive, see if it fixes it.

Has helped me out of a few tight spots with drives :up:
    Rigsby420 likes this.
  8. Rory Space

Cheers for offering help conway. Just rang the shop & asked if he'd checked the drive out, turned out he'd forgot but said come down tomorrow morning and it'l be done as he'd leave it on over night. 15mins later & he rings back "just started the diagnostic & it's failed straight away" lol so went down for a a replacement, which I thinks mint as most places would probably make me buy a new one. It was a 320GB Toshiba the broken one, but has gave me a brand new Samsung drive in replace of it which I was chuffed about as they're suppose to be really good.

Just installing 7 now & the drive is that quiet you wouldn't have even think it was on!. Plenty for me to do tonight now :facepalm: