Samples

Discussion in 'Productions' started by graham, Oct 2, 2008.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. graham

graham Registered User

Samples

I wasnt arsed about this forum before it was brought in but it turns out im using it a fair bit :lol:

Ive got a fair few sample packs now though what im really missing is a collection of quality individual drum kicks, claps, snares etc, really the basics of what you need to build drum patterns with.

Most of the packs im getting have mainly drum loops as opposed to individual hits, and ive got bits and pieces though not enough really to do what i want with.

Can anyone recommend any decent ones? Thinking of getting the vengeance essentials pack, so if anyone knows of any better ones or has a copy you would like to throw my way i wouldnt complain ;)

Cheers :)
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. Jase

Jase Blue Booked

Re: Samples

good thinking ;)
  4. Michael

Michael Registered User

just use your software to chop the loops into individual hits if you can. if your shy of sounds try layering hits on top of each other.

ive got shit loads of samples but im only online at work at the min until next week. if you want e-mail me your msn or summit and i can send you whatever ya might need over! :D
  5. Jase

Jase Blue Booked

better thinking :)

when you have sample sound banks, and especially if you have a few of them on your system at once, you will get less done due to all the time looking for that one exact hit. you're far better off having very little and learning how to work with that, than having every sample under the sun and spending all day and night auditioning them.
  6. Phil Mitchell

Phil Mitchell check me a dollar brer?

make your own

Holden made the kick for one of his tracks from recording him bashing a toy rabbit against his desk :lol:
  7. Paul Tyson

Paul Tyson Registered User

Re: Samples

Ive got loads of sample packs mate. Just giz a shout and blast by mine. Ill hoy them on a disc for you :cool2:
  8. Michael

Michael Registered User

its better that way like if ya can get hold of a mic. i made some awesome percussion out of hitting the bbq with kitchen utensils. get some awesome sounds using everyday household items.

real hand claps and finger clicks sound awesome also.
  9. graham

graham Registered User

Some wicked ideas there lads, cheers. Hadnt thought of chopping up the loops :dunce: though will defo have a look at doing it.

Tyson - thanks mate, i might just do that ;)