Race Driver GRID

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Mr.B.ThatsMe, Aug 20, 2008.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Mr.B.ThatsMe

Mr.B.ThatsMe 'yi raji puff

Race Driver GRID

The best racing game I've played in a LONG time :D

Pretty realistic but not in a Forza type way. Thought the drift mode was impossible at first but once i got the hang of it I now think it's class :king: went from getting about 1000 points in a race, to about 4 million. Defo gonna go out and buy the retail game and show my support.

Who else plays it?

Oh and the downloaded pc version works online perfect ;)
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. Jase

Jase Blue Booked

havnt played any racing games for ages now

is this arcade or simulated driving?

it looks fucking awesome, i could run it on this 24" monitor, but the 6800 in this box would burn itself to death :fuming:

[yt]-i8rkrPTqmY[/yt]
  4. Jimmy

Jimmy Registered User

I've been thinking about buying this for a while.
    Can you play it on live?
  5. Mr.B.ThatsMe

Yeah my m8 has it for the Xbox.. graphics are lovely on his hd tv. Not too bad for the pc either with a decent graphics card :) Runs smooth as silk too.. although I do have a pretty new pc.

Definately the best game i've played for a long time, not just in the racing category.
  6. Mr.B.ThatsMe

Simulated with the fun of arcade is how I can best describe it. Think Gran Turismo (I've only played up to 3), with damage to cars. You can be doing the whole race perfect then run over a bit of grass, spin out and smash into a barrier and the race is over :lol: It's got a really nice feel to it though and I rarely even crash now that I've spent a few hours on it.

Nowhere near the hassle of Forza.
  7. Jase

Jase Blue Booked

its games like grand turismo which have put me right off sim's - i just dont play them enough to get good enough to have any fun

arcade mode is no messing fun, i like it that way :D

roll on gta4 for pc (i might even change gfx for it) :D
  8. Mr.B.ThatsMe

You should download a demo (or the skullptura full game rip from piratebay/demonoid at 1.7GB) and try it. It's got a different feel to Gran Turismo.
  9. Jase

Jase Blue Booked

10. Mr.B.ThatsMe

indeed!

Tip for you though.. play the races on at least 'serious' difficulty. I only realised I had mine defaulted on the easiest setting and i was well over half way through the game.

You on the Xbox or PC btw?
  11. Jase

Jase Blue Booked

im playing it on pc

i'm not sure what level its on, its been so long since i've played any games im out of practice - im crap either way :D

i loaded vista ultimate on to a spare sata drive yesterday to check out direct x 10 - im running it with no bother at 1920x1200 now and it looks mint :D
  12. Mr.B.ThatsMe

haha. I have everything on highest, at *x1024. Looks lovely :p

I'll give you a race on multiplayer sometime if you fancy it ;)

Only bad thing about this is, it's not hard enough sometimes. I've completed the final drift event on Extreme difficulty, and although i got a shitty score, i still won :( The best online drifters get about 10 times the max the computer does.
  13. trance_fan

trance_fan Registered User

Mint game like! I tried ramping up the AA the other day...fail.

I run it on high settings at 1680x1050 with 2x (or 4x, i forget which) AA and that plays mint. Could probably play a little higher but I get good FPS like that.

Class graphics too like.

Same here with the drifting like...beat the computer but get totally schooled online :lol:
  14. Mr.B.ThatsMe

For some reason I think you said you had a 8800GT. Am I right? I'm about the same as you... although chucking the 8x or maybe a bit more on is ok, but certain times i can tell it's not running as well as I'd like it to. TBH, I don't notice very much difference in visuals between the AA settings.

Fancy a game? :p
  15. Mr.B.ThatsMe

I just had a blast on the Drift battle one, and out of nowhere, I was fucking mint! Well, compared to the others playing at least. Got a drift combo of 53 million :D
  16. Jase

Jase Blue Booked

thats not exactly inspiring me to find the drivers for the wifi now is it :lol:
  17. Mr.B.ThatsMe

lol, the drift is easy. I thought it was absolutely insane when I first had a go.. couldn't even navigate round the course at 10mph without doing doughnuts. Once you get the hang of it, and get used to whatever car takes your fancy (RX-7 :)) you're away. I forgot to mention my combo was over 7 laps too. I can see my edging away from normal racing, and going for the drift every time now :funky:

A good tip is to try and drift next to the red markers, not to do the biggest skids you can..
  18. Jase

Jase Blue Booked

i decided to start again on this xp box - direct x 9 is not as pretty as vista 64's dx10

its easier for me to run online this way, and i decided to drop down to 16xx x summik - i can live with that

however, i cant live with my d-button snapping off on the 3rd race in! bastards!

im learning how to use a control stick analog thingy with my thumb and im like bambi on ice :lol:

how are you coming along with the le mans? i really suck at that lol
  19. Jase

Jase Blue Booked

900 and something thousand on a drift with the rx7 - 53 million is entirely too much fucking time on your hands :lol:

this analog stick thingy is awful, thinking of getting a 360 pad to replace it
  20. Mr.B.ThatsMe

It was on the second drift GP I did online the other day after posting on here. I was just suddenly good at it. Over 7 laps though.. I seen a video on youtube of someone getting 63million on 2 laps of the docks :eek:

I haven't done the lemans yet. Keep putting it off lol.
  21. trance_fan

trance_fan Registered User

give you a game tonight mate? I'm not sure how to collaborate on GRID servers!!

Do you play CoD4 or CSS?