Promise on Friday

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DJPAUL, Nov 24, 2002.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. DJPAUL

DJPAUL Registered User

Promise on Friday

Promise on friday was not my best one by far.

As always Matt Hardwick was excellent a superd trance set promise are lucky to have him as resident.

Thought it was a bad idea to have 00 fleming following on from matt hardwick. Matt Hardwick played a very uplfting trance set then 00 fleming came on and started playing a more progy set. Dont get me wrong he was gud at what he was doing but very few people wanted to hear that from 1-3.

I was therefore most dissappointed in promise on friday the club started to get empty quite early as john's set just was not what people wanted to hear at that time!

I also think promise has went downhill in the past couple of weeks. This is not because of the djs. Just think in the past few weeks promise has only being at most half full. Maybe it is because people are saving up for christmas or sumthing? As well as this they seems to be a lot of dicks getting in promise now. The atompshere in promise has being well poor in the past few weeks not what it use 2 be like at all.

I still love promise and hope it gets back to what it was.
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. DJSequoia

DJSequoia Registered User

Sadly sadly sadly I didn't end up @ Promise on Fri even though I was looking forward to it alot!
    Over the Summer when the students were away, Promise was half full on a few occasions but since September I think it's got back to it's usual self! I have noticed aload of 'other' people in Promise though I'll agree on that. BUT, saying that I ain't seen much trouble lately so some cocks must not be getting in...

:spangled:
  4. Mr. Revel

Mr. Revel Registered User

it wasnt the best was it....
    it was ded empty!

Matt was class, J00F was good, but brought it down too much when he came on.

can matt do 4hrs soon?
  5. ManofScience

ManofScience Guest

I gotta say i'm leaning the other way, Matt's set was good, not quite what i was expecting but john was stormin. absolutley first rate!! i'd say it was a pretty decent turn out that stayed fairly constant all night... some nights it busy early then people bail b4 the finish... but once there were people in it seemed to say that full all night....

even if gutted when the lights came on .. oh well!!
  6. The Don

The Don Registered User

John00 is brilliant, hes one of the few trance DJs who can still play proper trance and none of this whiney Gatecrasher style shite.
  7. Mr. Revel

which is?
    a few examples?
  8. DJPAUL

DJPAUL Registered User

dont really understand what your on about mate. on friday matt hardwick played first the dance floor was quite busy everyone was smiling having a gud time!

at 1am john came on the music slowed down and became darker the dancefloor began to become empty until the last two tunes.

i would much rather had heard matt play from 1 than john.
  9. DJPAUL

DJPAUL Registered User

it was far from the best and j00f brought it down far 2 much not many peeps want to have the music brought down that much at 1am how many peeps were in the club at the end shows this.

get matt to do 4hrs damm right!
  10. The Don

The Don Registered User

One example, basicly the whole of Scot Bonds set was whiney trance. a couple of fridays ago.. Thats what I mean by Gatecrasher style trance. Commercial mainstream rubbish. John00 plays good trance REAL trance not the watered down stuff that you tend to get from the GC guys, no offence to them or anything, I just dont like their style..
  11. Mr. Revel

k, i can see u might not like there style, but describing gatecrasher trance as commercial mainstream bullshit is a bit silly. and wrong.
    how is matts set 'watered down'? do u mean its not as proggy, or deep as say a set by J00f? i wouldnt say tunes like obsession or lolo - meldoy are watered down trance.....?

edit: spelling!
  12. The Don

The Don Registered User

My idea of real trance music can be found on Picotto Maximal mix CD..

Look for a tune on CD 1 called Johannes Heil- Future Primitive. That IMO is what real trance sounds like. The word trance describes the way the music should make you feel. All this whining and so called uplifting synths and stuff are not what i would term as music that puts you in a trance...

Listen to the tune Future primitive you'll see what I mean..
  13. Mr. Revel

not a bad song, but not really what i, or many other people would call trance. it does have a trancy style synth, but the beat is a bit technoy..

i see what u mean tho...
  14. DJPAUL

DJPAUL Registered User

not the way i describe trance. the trance matt hardwick and scott bond play makes me feel happy and engertic. the trance u are talking about makes me feel bored and want to go to sleep.
  15. TheSpence

TheSpence Registered User

Re: Promise on Friday

How many dicks where there?
    Are they not making club busier?
    or are they making other people stay away?

Atmosphere people take the whole clubbing thing far to serious and forget the bottom line you are going to a disco to DANCE.

THE SPENCE
  16. dj tino

dj tino

hallloo! havnt been on the board for a while, sayin that havnt been to promise in a while either, probs makin me return not this fri but one after, waas gonna go fri just gone but by the reviews im not too gutted i missed it, while im on the topic... listings for next month any1??:D
  17. DJSequoia

DJSequoia Registered User

HERE
  18. Geordie

Geordie "Im Outta Time"

lmfao @ people calling Scott Bonds / Matt Hardwicks Trance "Whiney & Commercial" lmfao

:lol: :lol: :lol:
  19. LazMan

LazMan Registered User

I know when a night has done it's job when I've danced the whole night without realising until the lights come up. I'm no officianado so I can't explain why I felt the need to sit down for about 1hr before the last couple of tunes.
    BTW I didn't realise they were the last couple as I got sucked in by people saying it was a 4am finish.
    Canny night. Far better than staying in.
  20. The Don

The Don Registered User

Dictionary meaning of trance-1.A hypnotic stateresembleing sleep 2.any mental state in which a person is unaware of the enviroment arouind them charecterised by by loss of voluntary movement,ridgidityand lack of sensitivity to surounding simuli. 3. A dazed or stunned state 4. A state of Extacy or mystic absorbtion so intense it cause loss of conciousness at the earthly level..

So tell me where energy comes into trance. REAL trance music is not about euphoria and jumping about like a loon, it about mind journeys and basicly loosing conciousness of your surroundings through the music, the stuff Bond and Hardwick play certainly doesnt do that to you..
  21. DJPAUL

DJPAUL Registered User

well how does john00f trance take u on mind journeys? and lose conciousness to the sorroundings it does not do that 2 me it just makes me bored.